只需一步,快速开始

楼主: lspjy
打印 上一主题 下一主题

初中英语中考辅导资料

[复制链接]
57#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-16 08:13:00 | 显示全部楼层

中考英语阅读训练(021)

Mr Johns went into his tea shop again one morning, and sat on one of the seats at the counter (柜台). Many other people came in also, but most of them did not stay long. After fifteen minutes, a young man and a young woman came in. There were only two empty seats at the counter, one on Mr Johns' left, and the other on his right. The young man sat on one, and the young woman on the other, but Mr Johns immediately asked to change places with him so that the man and the woman could be to-gether. "Oh, that isn't necessary (必要)," the young woman said, but Mr Johns insisted (坚持). When the young man and the young woman were side by side, the young man said to her, "Well, this kind old man wanted us to sit together, so may I introduce (介绍) myself? My name's Jack. What's yours?"

1. One morning Mr Johns came into the tea shop and ____.

A. sat close to the counter

B. found no seat for him to sit on because many people came also

C. seemed to stay longer than all the other people

D. gave his seat to the young man and the young woman

2. After the young man and the young woman came in, ____.

A. Mr Johns thought they came too early

B. Mr Johns thought they were friends or husband and wife

C. the young man asked Mr Johns to change places

D. they wanted to be together

3. When the young woman said, "That isn't neces-sary.", Mr Johns ____.

A. didn't understand her

B. knew well what she meant

C. was afraid not to change places with her

D. decided to stay a little longer

4. __ before Mr Johns met them in the tea shop.

A. The young man got to know the young woman outside

B. The young man and the young woman didn't know each other

C. The young man and the young woman knew each other well

D. The young man and the young woman want-ed to have some tea together

5. Which of the sentences is true?

A. Mr Johns came to this tea shop for the first time.

B. Most of the people didn't leave the shop until it was closed.

C. There were no other empty seats at the counter except the two beside Mr Johns.

D. It seemed that the young woman wanted to change places with Mr Johns.

KEY: 1-5 ABABC

回复

使用道具 举报

58#

中考英语阅读训练(022)

Most people have flown a kite or have seen one ride and dip(下降) in strong spring wind. Not so many people know that kites were first made in China thousands of years ago. The ancient (古代的) Chinese were making and flying kites even before they were writing.
A long time ago, the Chinese made kites to use in wars. They would fly these war kites in the dark. The kites were fixed (固定) so that they made strange sounds. Men who were at war with them would hear these sounds and run away. They thought those strange sounds were made by gods(神) in the sky.

The ancient Chinese also flew kites to bring good luck and to make their crops grow rich and tall. Sometimes they tied long strings (细绳) and hooks (钩) to their kites. Then they would fly the kites over water, letting the hooks hang down to catch fish.

The Chinese use sticks, strings and paper for their kites. Some of these kites look like animals or trees. Others look like birds or houses.

1. The main idea of the first paragraph(段落) is that

A. kites were first made in China

B. most of us have flown or seen a kite

C. the ancient Chinese were making kites before they were writing

D. the ancient Chinese were good at making kites

2. In ancient China kites could be used for ___.

A. catching fish              B. helping people fly

C. watering the crops         D. helping people walk in the dark

3. The ancient Chinese used kites in wars because the kites ____.

A. could bring good luck      B. looked like animals

C. could help them win a war  D. could fly high

4. The Chinese usually use ____ for their kites.

A. sticks, strings and grass  B. strings, hair and wood

C. paper, strings and sticks  D. paper, ropes and hooks

5. What is the best title (题目) of this passage?

A. Lucky Kites.               B. Strange Kites.

C. Beautiful Kites.           D. Chinese Kites.

KEY: 1-5 AACCD

回复

使用道具 举报

59#

中考英语阅读训练(023) 

We are all busy talking about and using the In-ternet (因特网), but how many of us know the his-tory of the Internet?

Many people are surprised when they find that the Internet was set up in the 1960s. At that time, computers were large and expensive. Computer networks (网络) didn't work well. If one computer in the network broke down, then the whole network stopped. So a new network system (系统) had to be set up. It should be good enough to be used by many different computers. If part of the network was not working, information(信息)could be sent through another part. In this way computer network system would keep on working all the time.

At first the Internet was only used by the gov-ernment (iEfeJ^), but in the early 1970s, universities (大学), hospitals and banks (银行) were allowed (允许) to use it too. However, computers were still very expen-sive and the Internet was difficult to use. By the start of the 1990s, computers became cheaper and easier to use. Scientists had also developed software (软件) that made "surfing" (浏览) the Internet more convenient (方便).

Today it is easy to get on-line (上网) and it is said that millions of people use the Internet every day. Sending e-mail (电子邮件) is more and more popular among students.

The Internet has now become one of the most important parts of people's life.

1. The Internet has a history of more than ___ years.

A. sixty    B. ten    C. thirty    D. twenty

2. A new network system was set up to ____.

A. make computers cheaper

B. make itself keep on working all the time

C. break down the whole network

D. make computers large and expensive

3. At first the Internet was only used by ______.

A. the government         B. universities

C. hospitals and banks    D. schools

4. ______ made "surfing" the Internet more conve-nient.

A. Computers   B. Scientists    C. Software    D. Information

5. Which of the following is true?

A. In the 1960s, computer networks worked well.

B. In the early 1970s, the Internet was easy to use.

C. Sending e-mail is now more popular among students than before.

D. Today it's still not easy to get on-line.

KEY: 1-5 CBACC

回复

使用道具 举报

60#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-16 08:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
中考英语阅读训练(024)

Satellites Forecast the Weather

Now satellites are helping to forecast (预报) the weather. They are in space, and they can reach any part of the world. The satellites take pictures of the atmosphere (大气), because this is where the weather forms (形成). They send these pictures to the weather station. So the scientists there can see the weather of any part of the world and tell how the weather will change.

Today, nearly five hundred weather sta-tions in sixty countries can receive satellite pictures. When they receive the new pictures, they compare (比较) them with the earlier ones. Perhaps they may find that the clouds have changed during the last few hours. This may mean that the weather on the ground may soon change, too. In their next weather forecast, they can tell people about it. So the weather satellites are of a great help to the scientists at the station. In the past they could forecast the weather for about 24 or 48 hours earlier. Now they can make good forecasts for 3 or 5 days. Soon, perhaps, they may be able to forecast the weather for a week or more ahead.

(Words: 189 Minutes: 3.5)

1. The weather forms ____.

A. in any part of the world    B. in the atmosphere

C. in space                    D. on the ground

2. Changing clouds in the atmosphere means_______.

A. it is a rainy day          B. it is a windy day

C. the weather will change    D. it is a sunny day

3. Without satellites, scientists could forecast the weather for ____ ahead.

A. a week or more             B. 1 or 2 days

C. 3 or 5 days                D. two weeks

4. The main idea of this passage is that satel-lites are now used in ____.

A. taking pictures of the atmosphere

B. many ways

C. receiving pictures of the atmosphere

D. weather forecasting

Key: 1. B 2. C 3. B 4. D

回复

使用道具 举报

61#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-16 08:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
中考英语阅读训练(025)

Pollution

The world itself is becoming much smaller by using modem traffic and modern commu-nication means (通讯设备). Life today is much easier than it was hundreds of years ago, but it has brought new problems. One of the biggest is pollution (污染). To pollute means to make things dirty. Pollution comes in many ways. We see it, smell it, drink it and even hear it.

Man has been polluting the earth. The more people, the more pollution. Many years ago, the problem was not so serious because there were not so many people. When the land was used up or the river was dirty in one place, Man moved to another place. But this is no longer true. Man is now slowly pol-luting the whole world.

Air pollution is still the most serious. It's bad for all living things in the world, but it is not the only one kind of pollution. Water pollution kills our fish and pollutes our drink-ing water. Noise pollution makes us angry more easily.

Many countries are making rules (法规) to fight pollution. They stop people from burning coal (煤) in houses and factories in the city, and from putting dirty smoke into the air.

Pollution by SO2 is now the most dan-gerous kind of air pollution. It is caused (引起) by heavy traffic. It is sure that if there are fewer people driving, there will be less air pollution.

The earth is our home. We must take care of it. That means keeping the land, water and air clean. And we must take care of the rise in population at the same time.

(Words: 266 Minutes: 5.5)

1. Our world is becoming much smaller ___.

A. because the earth is being polluted day and night.

B. thanks to science development

C. because of the rise in population

D. because the earth is blown away by the wind every year

2. Thousands of years ago, life was ____ it is today.

A. much easier than      B. as easy as

C. as hard as            D. much harder than

3. Pollution comes in many ways. We can even hear it. Here "it" means ____.

A. water pollution       B. air pollution

C. noise pollution       D. rubbish (垃圾)

4. Air pollution is the most serious kind of pollution because ____.

A. it's bad for all living things in the world

B. it makes much noise

C. it makes our rivers and lakes dirty

D. it makes us angry more easily

5. Which of the following is NOT true?

A. Many countries are making rules to fight pollution.

B. The pollution of the earth grows as fast as the world's population does.

C. If people could go to work by bus or bike instead of car or motorbike it would be helpful in fighting against the problem of SO2.

D. The problem of pollution is not so se-rious because there are not so many people living on the earth.

[Key] 1. B  2. D  3. C  4. A  5. D

回复

使用道具 举报

62#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-17 07:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
中考英语阅读训练(026)

Can we live without salt? Salt is very important to us. We need salt in our food. Animals need it, too. Most of the salt in our country comes from the sea. People dig very big pools(池塘)and let sea water in. When the sun dries(弄干)up the water, people can get salt from the ground. The salt is white, clean and beautiful.

There are a lot of salt wells(井)in Sichuan. A salt well is much like a water well. People bring the well water up to the ground and then dry it in big jars(坛子)over fire. In this way the get salt We can also get salt from salt mines(矿).A salt mine may be found under the ground. Some years ago, people in Jiangxi found a big salt mine and soon opened it. People here need salt from other places no more.

In the northwest of our country, there are many salt lakes. Some of these lakes are very big. The salt in a big lake will be enough for our people for centuries.

1.We can't live without salt, so

A. we need more                     B. it is very important to us

C. we have to drink sea water       D. there is salt in all our food

2.We get most of the salt from _____.

A. salt lakes     B. sea water      C. salt wells        D. salt mines

3.People in Sichuan get salt from _____.

A. jars           B. fire           C. salt wells        D. water wells

4.Not many years ago, a big salt mine was found and opened _____.

A. in Sichuan    B. in Jiangxi      C. in the northwest  D.beside the sea

5.The best title(标题)of the article(文章) is "______".

A. Salt          B. Why We Need Salt     

C. Salt Is Important      D. We Need Salt

KEY: 1-5 BBCBA

回复

使用道具 举报

63#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-17 07:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
中考英语阅读训练(027)

This is a talk by a London taxi(出租车)driver.

"I've been a taxi driver for nearly ten years. Most London taxi drivers have their own taxis."

"It's a nice job most of time. you meet a lot of people. I always work at night, because there is too much traffic during the day. I live twenty miles(英里)outside London and I go to work at 5:30 in the afternoon."

"I usually go home between 2 and 3 in the morning."

"Some very strange things happened late at night .The other day I was taking a woman home from a party .She had her little dog with her. When we got to her house, she found that she had lost her key. So I waited in the car with the dog while she climbed in through the windows."

"I waited and waited. After half an hour of ringing the bell I decided to find out what was going on .I tied the dog to a tree and started to climb in through the window. The next thing I knew was that the police came. They thought I was a thief(小偷).

Luckily the woman came downstairs(下楼).She must have gone to sleep and forgotten about me and the dog!"

1.The driver always worked at night because it was easier to _____.

A. drive          B. make money      C. climb in through the window

D. meet a lot of people

2.The woman climbed in through the window because _____.

A. she wanted to have a sleep

B. her husband didn't open the door for her

C. she didn't want to pay the driver

D. she couldn't find her key

3.The story happened _____.

A. early in the morning                B. late at night

C.20 miles outside London              D. near the police station

4.Which of the following is wrong?

A. The driver worked until between 2 and 3 in the morning.

B. The police made a mistake.

C. The woman had no money to pay the driver.

D. The woman had forgotten about the driver and the dog.

5.The driver climbed in through the window to

A. get money from the woman

B. return the dog to the woman

C. see what was happening in the house

D. phone the police

KEY: 1-5 ADBCC

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-6-4 00:08