[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-2-15 15:57:30 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Unit 1   Festivals around the world
一、基础测试
A. 单词拼写
请根据汉语提示或首字母写出单词的正确形式
1. The proud man said he would rather s_______ than beg for food.
2. What he said couldn’t s________ his parents, so they kept asking him.
3. A boy l_______ us to the old man’s house, so we had no trouble in finding him.
4. He is a famous p________ and his poems are popular with the youth.
5. It is not his custom to d________ his sadness in wine.
6. She entered the lab without _____________ (许可).
7. There is now no ______________ (可能) that she comes to apologise to us.
8. Do you know when India gained its _______________ (独立) from Britain.
9. He is the most _________(英俊) man I’ve ever met.
10. He got a lot of __________ (奖状) for his excellent study.
B. 句型转换
根据A句句义,完成B 句, 使其句义相同或相近。
11. A: Do you know how the accident happened?
   B: Do you know how the accident _________ ________?
12. A: On this important feast day, people might eat …and cakes with “bones” on them.
   B: On this important feast day, people might eat … and cakes ______ ________ “bones” on them.
13. A: In India there is a national festival on October 2 to honour Mahatma Gandhi, …
   B: In India there is a national festival on October 2 ______ _______ ______ Mahatma Gandhi, …
14. A: Obviously, the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave.
   B: It ______ ______that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave.
15. A: He had expected to meet her all day.
   B: He had ______ _______ ______ meeting her all day.
C. 完成句子
16. Every year many people in the world _________ ________ _________(饿死).
17. Drinking and smoking will _______ ________ (有害) to your health.
18. Drinking and smoking can ________ ________ (导致) health problems.
19. In order to complete the task on time, they work ________ _______ ________(日夜).
20. The manager said he would come to the meeting but he hasn’t _______ ________(来).
二、单项填空
21. —Can you give an example to show how useful a computer is?
—Sure. ___________ people get ___________ information from it every day.
A. A large number of; plenty of
B. The number of; a lot of
C. Lots of; a lot
D. Many a; a great deal of
22. He is looking for another job because he feels that nothing he does _______ his boss.
A. serves          B. satisfies
C. promises        D. supports
23. _______ our food running out, we had to walk to a village for help.
   A. Since             B. Because
   C. With           D. For
24. —Our new teacher’s English is difficult for me to ___________.
—Why don’t you ask your brother ___________ help?
A. understand; with  B. follow; for
C. speak; for     D. pick up; by
25. Mr. Baker _______ in his old clothes, while his wife ______ a very beautiful skirt.
   A. dressed; was wearing
   B. was dressed; was having on
   C. was dressed; was wearing
   D. was wearing; was dressed
26. He dropped the ______ and broke it.
   A. cup of coffee
   B. coffee’s cup
   C. cop for coffee
   D. coffee cup
27. — May I have _______ honor of dining with you ?
  — Sure , I feel quite honored , because you are _______ honor to our city .
A.an ; the   B.the ; an
C.the ; the    D.an ; an
28. He certainly looked the part all right, he thought as he ______ himself in the mirror.
A. looked    B. showed
C. admired   D. enjoyed
29. We are all looking forward ______ the Great Wall during the National Day.
    A. to visiting    B. to visit
C. for visiting     D. for a visit to
30. The great day he looked forward to ______ at last.
    A. coming       B. come
C. came         D. having come
31. It looks _______ you are ill. You should go to see the doctor.
A. as          B. as though
C. which        D. whether
32. — Look! It looks as if it ______ going to rain. We must hurry.
   — OK.
    A. was          B. is
C. were         D. will be
33. _______ it is to go for a picnic on such a fine day!
  A. What a fun   B. What fun
  C. How funny   C. How a fun
34. — It was careless of you to have left the house without turning off the gas.
    — My god! _______.
    A. So were you
B. So was I
C. So did I
D. So I did
35. — What are you doing, John? Why stop?
   — To be on the safe side, we'd fill up the tank now for we _______run out of gas on the way
  A. must    B. will  C. might    D. should
三、完形填空
阅读下面短文,掌握大意,然后从36-55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳答案。
When I was a boy, every holiday that I had seemed wonderful. My   36   took me by train or by car to a hotel by the   37  . All day, I seem to remember, I   38   on the sands with strange   39   children. We made houses and gardens, and   40   the tide destroy them. When the tide went out, we   41   over the rocks and looked down at the fish in the rock-pools.
In those days the   42   seemed to shine always brightly   43   the water was always warm. Sometimes we left beach and walked in the country, 44   ruined houses and dark woods and climbing trees. There were   45   in one’s pockets or good places where one could   46   ice creams. Each day seemed a lifetime.
Although I am now thirty-five years old, my idea of a good   47   is much the same as it was. I   48   like the sun and warm sand and the sound of   49   beating the rocks. I no longer wish to   50   any sand house or sand garden, and I dislike sweets.   51  , I love the sea and often feel sand running through my fingers.
Sometimes I   52   what my ideal (理想的) holiday will be like when I am   53  . All I want to do then, perhaps, will be to lie in bed, reading books about   54   who make houses and gardens with sands, who watch the incoming tide, who make themselves   55   on too many ices…
36. A. teacher         B. parents   C. nurse           D. younger sister
37. A. sea             B. lake    C. mountain        D. river
38. A. played        B. slept    C. sat             D. stood
39. A. moving       B. exciting    C. anxious        D. nervous
40. A. made     B. brought  C. watched   D. heard
41. A. rolled     B. jumped   C. turned     D. climbed
42. A. light       B. sun   C. moon       D. lamp
43. A. and       B. yet    C. but        D. or
44. A. exploring     B. examining   C. repairing       D. measuring
45. A. sweets      B. sand   C. ice-creams   D. money
46. A. make        B. sell    C. buy          D. offer
47. A. house     B. holiday   C. garden          D. tide
48. A. hardly        B. almost   C. still           D. perhaps
49. A. waves       B. tides   C. hands        D. feet
50. A. destroy     B. fix   C. use             D. build
51. A. But          B. However   C. Otherwise       D. Besides
52. A. wonder      B. feel    C. understand    D. believe
53. A. strong        B. weak   C. young         D. old
54. A. children       B. boys   C. girls           D. grown-ups
55. A. happy       B. tired   C. sad           D. sick
四、阅读理解
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C或D)中,选出最佳选项
A
Thanksgiving Day is special holiday in the United States and Canada. Families and friends gather to eat and give thanks for their blessing.
Thanksgiving Day is really a harvest festival. This is why it is celebrated in late fall, after the crops are in. But one of the first thanksgivings in America had nothing to do with a good harvest. On December 4, 1619, the Pilgrims from England landed near what is now Charles City, Virginia. They knelt down and thanked God for their safe journey across the Atlantic.
The first New England Thanksgiving did celebrate a rich harvest. The Pilgrims landed at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1620. They had a difficult time and the first winter was cruel. Many of the Pilgrims died. But the next year, they had a good harvest. So Governor Bradford declared a three-day feast(盛宴). The Pilgrims invited Indian friends to join them for their special feast. Everyone brought food.
In time, other colonies(殖民地)began to celebrate a day of thanksgiving. But it took years before there was a national Thanksgiving Day. During the Civil War, Sarah Josepha Hale persuaded Abraham Lincoln to do something about it. He proclaimed(宣布)the last Thursday of November 1863 as a day of thanksgiving. Today, Americans celebrate this happy harvest festival on the fourth Thursday in November. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving Day in much the same way as their American neighbours. But the Canadian thanks-giving Day falls on the second Monday in October.
56. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated      .
  A. in spring              B. summer
  C. in autumn             D. in winter
57. The first to celebrate thanksgiving were      .
  A. some people from England
B. the American Indians
  C. Sarah Josepha Hale
D. Governor Bradford
58. We can infer from the passage that New England must be      .
  A. in the U. S. A.
B. in Great Britain
  C. in Canada
D. on some island off the Atlantic
59. Which of the following is NOT true?
  A. Thanksgiving Day used to be a holiday to celebrate a good harvest.
  B. Abraham Lincoln was not the first to decide on thanksgiving celebrations.
  C. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated to express the American and Indian people’s thanks to God.
  D. There’s little difference between the American way and the Canadian way to celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
60. The passage mainly tells us      .
  A. how Thanksgiving Day is celebrated in the U. S. A.
  B. how Thanksgiving Day came into being and the different ways it is celebrated
  C. that Thanksgiving Day is in fact a harvest holiday
  D. how the way to celebrate Thanksgiving Day changed with the time and places
B
Customs are social habits. They have been handed down through generations (代) among groups, social classes, etc. Customs can be described as ways of doing things. They are particularly (特别) strong in social practices on the occasions (场合) of births, marriages and deaths.
In China, these days, some people in cities are learning from Western customs. For example, some brides dress in the long white dress that is usual bridal wear in many Western countries.
Every people (民族) has special customs for New Year. The Han people have many interesting Spring Festival customs. And now, quite a number of people living in the cities have followed the Western customs of sending New Year greeting cards for January 1st.
One interesting custom in China is that mothers wrap (包) up their babies tightly (紧紧的).This is not the custom in Western countries, where babies are usually dressed in loose garments.
61. It is true that customs      .
  A. have been formed during a short time
  B. have been formed little by little
  C. have been quickly formed and changed
  D. have never been changed
62. In this passage, the word “garment” is      .
  A. a kind of food        B. a bed
  C. a sort of clothes      D. a room
63. How do the Chinese young people learn from Western countries at their marriages?
  A. The brides(新娘)have on the white clothes.
  B. Men wear the white coats.
  C. Their parents all have attended their marriages.
  D. Their marriages are only held in the men’s homes.
64. From this passage we know      .
  A. the people all over China spend New Year in the same way
  B. people in the villages and cities send New Year greeting cards to each other
  C. each people has his special custom for New Year
  D. most of Chinese people take Spring Festival seriously
65. The difference about clothing between Chinese and Western babies is that      .
  A. Chinese babies are usually dressed in new clothes
  B. Chinese mothers are used to dressing their babies in colourful clothes
  C. Western babies are dressed in bigger clothes while Chinese babies are usually wrapped
  D. Western babies have more clothes than Chinese babies
C
Our daughter Kerrin, a student at Boston University, had been home for a week-end visit, and I dropped her off at the bus station just in time for her back to college. After Kerrin’s bus had gone and I was driving away, I noticed that she had left her purse on the passenger seat. Worried that she would arrive in Boston without money or keys to her room, I called my wife, Bette Jean, on the car phone, explaining why I would be late. As I was following the bus, Bette Jean phoned me back to say she had phoned the bus dispatcher(调度员)on the other line and he, in return, had phoned the bus driver on yet another phone. The driver asked me to wave out of my window to show where I was. Then he pulled over at a rest stop, and I did the same. Kerrin jumped off the bus, and I handed her the purse and went on my way.
66. The writer saw his daughter’s purse right after       .
  A. seeing her off at the bus station
B. starting his car again
  C. she got off the car
D. she got on the bus
67. Kerrin didn’t find her purse missing until       .
  A. the bus started off
B. her mother told her
  C. the bus stopped again
D. she returned to the university
68. In which order did the following persons know about the loss of the purse?
  A. driver—writer—Better Jean—Kerrin
B. Kerrin—writer—Better Jean—driver
C. writer—driver—Kerrin—Better Jean
D. writer—Bette—Jean—driver—Kerrin
69. Which of the following is not true?
  A. The bus was too fast for the car to catch up with in no time.
  B. The writer had tried to phone the dispatcher but failed.
  C. The writer couldn’t get in touch with the driver by the phone.
  D. Both the writer and the bus driver could use the car phone.
70. Which of the following seems the most necessary in helping the writer?
  a. his car           b. phone
  c. the bus driver     d. the dispatcher
  e. his wife         f. his daughter
A. a, b, d and e            B. c, d, e and f
  C. a, b, c and d            D. b, c, d and e
D
The lower East Side is neither rich nor beautiful, but it can be a good place to shop.
On Sundays, its streets are crowded with visitors and shoppers like these. They are trying to find a coat or a pair of shoes at a good price.
Most people prefer to shop in the big department stores like Macy’s, Gimbel’s, or Bloomingdale’s because there they can find clothing, furniture, toys, and food in one store.
Some people like the smaller stores of Greenwich Village or other areas when they are looking for an unusual present.
Some streets have only one kind of stores. Bracelets (手镯) and rings shine in the windows of Canal Street, and wedding dresses fill the stores of Grant Street. There are streets for furs(皮大衣), and, in one area, there are 600 shops for antiques (古玩)! Fifth Avenue is the most famous place to shop, and it is usually the most expensive. There you can find the latest styles from Paris, Italy, or New York. You can spend thousands of dollars on Fifth Avenue, or you can just window shop and admire the sights for free.
71. How many kinds of shops or stores on the lower East Side are mentioned in the passage?
  A. Four.         B. Five.
C. Six.          D. Seven.
72. If you want to buy something fashionable to wear, you’d better go to       .
  A. Grant Street
B. the big department stores
  C. Fifth Avenue
D. the smaller stores of Greenwich Village
73. Why does the writer say that the lower East Side can be a good place to shop?
  A. Because its streets are crowded with visitors.
  B. Because there are latest style from Paris, Italy, or New York.
  C. Because there are different goods in different stores they can meet the needs of the visitors and shoppers.
  D. Because women want very much to go there and buy bracelets and rings.
74. The underlined words window shop in the sentence means “      ”.
A. put all one’s goods in the shop-window
B. look at goods displayed in shop-windows
C. not only look at goods displayed in shop-window but also want to buy something
D. take much interest in the goods and have the idea of buying something
75. The last five words “admire the sights for free” of the passage means “      ”.
  A. get pleasure from the sight at no cost
  B. buy and sell goods freely
  C. look at the sights as much as you like
  D. look at the sight with pleasure and buy something as you like
E
Long ago, in days of the Roman Empire, people used to believe a god of farmings called “Saturn”. They believed that Saturn could make the weather good or bad, and that he had the power to control how much rain would fall.
Before a Roman farmer would plant his fields, he would try to get Saturn to give him good weather. He believed that if he killed an animal for Saturn, that would make Saturn happy. Then Saturn would make sure that the weather was good.
Not only did the people name a planet after Saturn but they also name a day of the week after him. They called this day “Saturni dies”, Latin words which mean “day of Saturn”. In English those words became Saturday.
76. What was Saturn believed to be in charge of?
  A. Rainfall.    B. The power of nature.
  C. Farming.    D. Days in a week.
77. Why did a Roman farmer kill an animal before planting his fields?
Because      .
  A. killing an animal would bring him good luck
  B. Saturn enjoyed eating animals
  C. Saturn was happy to see animals being killed
  D. he wanted to please Saturn so that Saturn would make the weather good for his planting
78. Which of the following is NOT TRUE?
  A. Saturn is also the name of planet.
  B. The Roman people used to believe Saturn to be their god.
  C. Saturn was named for the last day of the week.
  D. Saturn had three meanings.
79. What’s the aim of the author in writing this passage?
  A. How the Romans worshipped (崇拜) Saturn.
  B. Why the Romans believed in Saturn.
  C. The different meanings of the word Saturn.
  D. How Saturday got its name.
五、书面表达
  假设一批外国友人要在中国过春节,他们想了解我国过春节的情况。请你根据下面要点写一篇英语短文。
1、春节是中国的重大节日。
2、节前人们要大扫除。
3、全家人在一起吃年夜饭。
4、孩子们会到压岁钱。
5、年初一穿新衣服,走亲访友,互道吉利。
词数:100左右
生词:春节the Spring Festival;压岁钱Yasuiqian

参考答案及重点解析
一、基础测试
A. 单词拼写
请根据汉语提示或首字母写出单词的正确形式
1. starve  2. satisfy  3. led  4. poet  5. drown  6. permission  7. possibility  8. independence  9. handsome 10. awards
B. 句型转换
根据A句句义,完成B 句,使其句义相同或相近。
11. took place  12. which /that have  13. in honour / memory of  14. was obvious  15. looked forward to
C. 完成句子
16. starve to death  17. do harm  18. lead to  19. day and night  20. turned up
二、单项填空
21—25 ABCBC  26—30 DBCAC  31—35 BBBDC
重点解析:
22. 本题通过语境考查词义辨析。serve服务;提供;satisfy使满意;promise答应;许诺;support支持;养活。
23. 介词宾语food后跟有补足语running out,四个选项中只有with可以用于这种结构,故选C项。句意为:食物快吃完了,我们只好步行去村里求助。
24. 解本题时应该首先从第二个空入手。依据ask sb. for排除A、D两项。对我来说老师的英语只能是听得懂或听不懂,不能是speak,排除C。
25. 依据be dressed in排除A、D项;have on不可用于进行时,故选C。
26. 由broke it可知是把喝咖啡的杯子打碎了,应用coffee cup;而the cup of coffee意为“那杯咖啡”。在英语中常用名词作定语修饰另一名词,以表示中心词的“用途、职能、性质、类别、性别、身份”或“制作材料、发生的时间、动作的对象”等。如:coffee shop, tea cup, tea room, room key, telephone number, school bus, time table, woman doctor等。
27. have the honour of sth / of doing sth意为“得到某殊荣;有幸做某事”,例如:May I have the honour of the next dance? (能赏光和我跳下一个舞吗?);第二空后的honour是可数名词,但是多用作单数。
28. 句意为:他一边照镜子一边想他当然很像那个角色。“照镜子”要用admire oneself in the mirror。故选C。
30. 解本题时首先要分清结构: he looked forward to是定语从句,省略了作宾语的关系代词that或which;The great day _______ at last.是主句,从结构来看,本题考查主句中的谓语动词,故选C。
三、完形填空
36—40 BAABC  41—45 DBAAA  46—50 CBCAD  51—55 BADAD
重点解析:
36. 作者回忆儿时假日,根据常识可判断为其父母亲(parents)带他远游。
37. 从后文提到的词语beach(海滨),sand(沙滩)等可知作者在海边(by the sea)。
38. play with sb.,与某人玩耍。
39. 可从词义来判断。moving令人感动的;anxious,焦急的;nervous,紧张的,均不合题意。
40. watch sb. do, 看着某人做某事。
43. 此处and表示承接。
44. explore意为“搜寻”,此处用现在分词形式作伴随状语。
45. 后文中有提示,且小孩口袋里的东西,常为“糖果”(sweets)。
46.“有可以买到冰淇淋的好地方”,故选择动词buy(买)。
48. 与上句照应,多年来,我“仍然”喜欢……。
49. tides指“潮汐”,而文中指“海浪”(waves)拍打岩石的声音。
50. build sand house(建沙房子)与文章开头make sand house同义。
51.表示语义的转折且单独使用,用however。
53. 作者想知道以后理想中的假日是什么模样,以后指“年老的时候”。
54. 只有儿时人们才迷恋于沙子堆成的小房子,所以此处指“孩子们”。
四、阅读理解
56—60 CAACB  61—65 BCACC  66-70 BCDBA 71—75 ACCBA  76—79 ADCD
重点解析:
56.第二段第二句话 “That is why it is celebrated in late fall…” 中的late fall意思是“晚秋”。
57. 第二段后半部分讲述了来自英国的清教徒移民举办感恩节是为了感谢上帝使他们平安横渡大西洋到美洲。
58.由第三段前两句可知New England和Massachusetts是美国的两个洲。
60. 综观全文可知,短文主要讲述了感恩节的来历以及人们庆祝此节日的不同方式。
61. 此题考查细节事实。从文章的第二句可知,风俗是慢慢形成并逐代流传的。
62. 此题考查词义猜测。从该词所处的位置可知,此为介绍东西方在包裹孩子方式上的不同。中国一般是把孩子紧紧包起;西方应是给孩子穿一种宽松的衣服。
63. 此题考查细节事实。从文章的第二段可知,中式婚咽吸取了西式的风俗——新娘穿白色婚纱。
64. 此题考查细节事实。从第三段可知,每个民族都有其庆祝春节的特殊风俗。
67. 如果她发现得早,她可能早已下车返回。
69. 是Bette-Jean给调度员打了电话。
72. 从短文第三节Fifth Avenue is…There you can find the latest styles from Paris. 可以看出在Fifth Avenue可以买到时髦的衣服穿。
75. for free “免费”。
76. 这是一道细节题,从第一段最后一句可知答案。
77.从第二段内容可知答案。

五、书面表达
One possible version:
  As you know, the Spring Festival in China is a grand festival. We celebrate it cheerfully. The day before the festival is eve. People have a thorough cleaning everywhere. In the evening the whole family are sitting together, having supper and watching TV until midnight. The money, which is called “Yasuiqian”, is given to children by elders as a gift.
  On the first day of the new year, all the people, old and young, put on new clothes, pay a visit to their friends and relatives and wish each other good luck in the new year.

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶1 踩
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 11:36

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表