只需一步,快速开始

楼主: admin
打印 上一主题 下一主题

2013年人教版高二上册英语寒假作业及答案

[复制链接]
22#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:23:24 | 只看该作者

三、阅读理解
In 1901,H.G.Wells, an English writer, wrote a book describing a trip to the moon. When the explorers(探险者)landed on the moon, they discovered that the moon was full of underground cities. They expressed their surprise to the “moon people” they met. In turn, the “moon people” expressed their surprise. “Why,” they asked, “are you traveling to outer space when you don’t even use your inner space?”
   H. G. Wells could only imagine travel to the moon. In 1969, human beings really did land on the moon. People today know that there are no underground cities on the moon. However, the question that the “moon people” asked is still an interesting one. A growing number of scientists are seriously thinking about it.
   Underground systems are already in place. Many cities have underground car parks. In some cities, such as Tokyo, Seoul and Montreal, there are large underground shopping areas. The “Chunnel”, a tunnel(隧道)connecting England and France, is now completed.
   But what about underground cities? Japan’s Taisei Corporation is designing a network of underground systems, called “Alice Cities”. The designers imagine using surface space for public parks and using underground space for flats, offices, shopping, and so on. A solar
dome(太阳能穹顶) would cover the whole city.
   Supporters of underground development say that building down rather than building up is a good way to use the earth’s space. The surface, they say, can be used for farms, parks, gardens, and wilderness. H. G. Wells’ “moon people” would agree. Would you?
1. The explorers in H. G. Wells’ story were surprised to find that the “moon people”______.
A. knew so much about the earth  
B. understood their language
C. lived in so many underground cities  
D. were ahead of them in space technology
2. What does the underlined word “it” in Paragraph 2 refer to?
A. Discovering the moon’s inner space.  
B. Using the earth’s inner space.
C. Meeting the “moon people” again.  
D. Traveling to outer space.
3. What sort of underground systems are already here with us?
A. Offices, shopping areas, power stations.  
B. Tunnels, car parks, shopping areas.
C. Gardens, car parks, power stations.  
D. Tunnels, gardens, offices.
4. What would be the best title for the text?
A. Alice Cities—cities of the future  
B. Space travel with H. G. Wells
C. Enjoy living underground   
D. Building down, not up
四、阅读表达
The earliest observance of thanksgiving on this continent was with special services in Virginia as early as 1607. The first Thanksgiving Festival began on December 13th in 1621 at Plymouth, Massachusetts. It started as a harvest festival with the people thanking God for giving them sufficient crops. That first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days with the people enthusiastically participating.
On June 20, 1676 the town of Charlestown, Massachusetts issued the First Thanksgiving Proclamation. By unanimous vote the governing council instructed the clerk, Edward Rawson, to proclaim June 29th as a day of thanksgiving.
George Washington issued the first national Thanksgiving proclamation in 1789, the year of his inauguration as President of the United States of America. He called for another thanksgiving Day in 1795. With other presidents and state governors proclaiming days of thanksgiving at various times there was no effort to organize a yearly Thanksgiving Day until Mrs. Sarah Joseph Hale struggled in 1827. It took thirty-six years to achieve victory when, in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln made his Thanksgiving Day Proclamation. __________.
Today Thanksgiving Day is a legal holiday with most government and private employees being given the day off. Some companies and most schools also shut down the following Friday. Yes, the United Sates of America, for most purposes, observes Thanksgiving Day.
But, it appears that Thanksgiving Day, like most other national and religious holidays, has been highly commercialized, to the point that many people forget what we are supposed to be celebrating. If we were to survey people on the street and ask, “What stands out in your mind when you think of Thanksgiving Day?” We would probably get answers like: turkey, dinner, pilgrims, fall, pumpkins, corn stalks. etc.
But, how many people on Thanksgiving Day actually pause and do what the name of the event suggests? What portion of the celebrators do stop to thank God for our nation and for all we have?
A psalm commands us, “ Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.”
As we approach Thanksgiving Day, let’s not focus on the food, which are gifts. Let’s focus on the giver. Let’s thank God for all he has provided. Let’s call on his name and invite him to be present at our table. Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving Day with grateful hearts.
1.What is the best title of the passage? (Please answer within 10 words.)
3.Please fill in the blank with a proper sentence. (Please answer within 10 words.)

使用道具 举报

23#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:23:28 | 只看该作者

2013年2月14日
一、Check yourself (选修6 unit4)
1.        消费,消耗______  2.温室,花房____________
3.        发生,造成______4图标,坐标图____________
5.        胡乱的,任意的_______ 6现象__________
7.        同意,捐赠,订阅_______8燃料________
9.        量,数量__________ 10.大量的________
11.        趋向,照顾______ 12升,增长,升起________
13.        每,每一______ 14.材料,数据______________
15.        导致__________ 16趋势,倾向_________
17.        大灾难_______ 18洪水,水灾_____________
19.        反对,反抗,与某人较量_____________2
0反对的,对立的_________21反对。。。_________       22温和的,温柔的________23.结果,影响_______
24陈述,说明__________25.种类,范围__________
26.即使___________________
27.        继续_________28看一下,扫视_____________
29.        平稳的,持续的,稳固的_____________
30.平稳地,稳固地________________
31.        趋向,趋势_______32分布广的,普遍________
33.        大体上,基本上_______34平均的_________
35.        生存,存在______36.外部的,外面的_________
37.        代表。。一方________38提倡,信奉_________
39.        容忍,忍受_________ 40.污染,弄脏________
41.        增长,生长______42.电的,与电有关的______
43.        用具,工具_______44.只要________________
45.        随便的,漫不经心的_______ 46.等等______
47.        发动机_________ 48.容器,罐头_________
49.        环境,情况________5 0微波炉,微波_________
51.        使恢复,使振作________________      
52教育工作者,教育家_______________
53.        贡献___________ 54.显示,演出___________
55.        核的,核能的______56分歧,不一致_________
二、Do grammar exercises虚拟语气

2013年2月15日
一、根据要求写出下列单词
1. Our research attempts to ________(评估) the effectiveness of the different drugs.
2. He was quite __________(未察觉的) of the danger.
3. He opened the letter with ________(颤抖) hands.
4. If you're worried about your health, share your _________(忧虑) with your doctor.
5. They are demanding certain _________(保证) before they sign the treaty.
6. The e________ of the photographic studio was expensive.
7. They have a________ a new head teacher at my son's school.
8. He has the p_______ to become a world-class musician.
9. He stood as a c_________ in the local election.
10. Clean water is p________ in that part of the world.
二、单项选择
1. The boy was made _______ there for an hour by his father.
A. stood    B. stand   C. to stand    D. stands
2. Would you please pass me the knife _______?
A. to cut the fruit with        B. to cut the fruit  C. cutting the fruit  D. cutting the fruit with
3. It is better to teach a man fishing than ___ him fish.
A. giving   B. to give         C. gives      D. give
4. He raised his voice to make everybody in the room ______ him clearly.
A. hear      B. to hear    C. hearing    D. heard
5._____that it was going to snow, the climbers decided to put off their attempt on the highest mountain.
回复

使用道具 举报

24#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:23:33 | 只看该作者

A. Having told           B. Having been told  
C. Tell          D. Telling
6. I listened to the wind, ______ that he would not come tonight.
A.thinking B.to think C.thought D.being thinking
7. Living near the sea, __________.
A.we enjoy healthy air and beautiful sight 
B.healthy air and beautiful sight is what we enjoy
C.it is healthy air and beautiful sight we enjoy
D.so we enjoy healthy air and beautiful sight
8. _________ since the night before, I felt very hungry.
A.Having not eaten anything  B.Not eating anything
C.I hadn't eaten anything 
D.Not having eaten anything
9. ________ it with me and I'll see what I can do.
A.When left B.Leaving  C.If you leave D.Leave
10. _______ such a chance, why don't you have a try?
A.To give  B.Having  C.Given   D.Giving
11. Never before_______ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today.
   A.Beijing has been  B.has Beijing been  C.was Beijing     D.Beijing was
12. They wanted to get home before dark, but it didn’t quite ________ as planned.
A.turn out  B.make out  C.come up  D.turn up
13. There is very little _______ in _______ him to study hard. It won’t help much.
A.method; persuading  B.way; persuade C.means; persuading   D.point; persuading
14. With car prices _______, I find it difficult to realize my dream of having a car of my own.
A.coming up       B.rising up    
C.going up     D.holding up
15. He will come on time ______ it rains.
A.ever since B.now that C.even though  D.as if
16. Many people don’t know what to do when ________ with real danger.
A.facing  B.being faced C.to face  D.faced
17. The new storybook is written in ____ easy English ____ beginners can understand it.
A. such; that   B. so; that  C. such; as   D. too;as
18. The manager promised to keep me _______ of how our business was going on.
   A.to be informed  B.to informing   C.informed    D.on informing
19. Although she doesn’t earn much money, she tries her best to ______ a bit of money every month for her parents.
A.set about  B.set aside  C.give back D.give in
20. With his attention _______  the blackboard, he didn’t notice me when I came in.
A.fixed with B.fixing in  C.fixed on  D.fixed to
三、阅读理解
A
During the American War of Independence, women played an active part in fighting in three ways. Firstly, some women worked as nurses in the field hospitals, taking care of wounded soldiers; some worked as cooks in the army; many women acted as water carriers. When necessary, all these women, who had many chances to see how the men fired guns, could take the place of the wounded men. The second way that women served in the Army was to fight side by side with their men comrades. Although women were not supposed to fight as soldiers in battles, when the Army was badly short of soldiers and when women were really good soldiers, who would be against women fighting in battles? Thirdly, from city streets to country villages, many able women were in charge of the work to supply food, clothing and medicine for the Army, and when the situation was dangerous, they called on all the women to take up arms to defend their own homes.
1. What is probably the main reason that women were permitted to fight in the war?
A. Women were braver than men in battles.  
B. They were badly needed to act as cooks.
C. Women of that time were particularly healthy and strong.
D. Soldiers were badly needed to fight in battles.
2. A field hospital is a hospital _________.
A. that is built in an open field
B. that is on or near the front of battle and gives the wounded soldiers quick treatment
C. where wounded soldiers are operated on
D. where soldiers can be taken good care of
3. What is the main idea in this passage?
A. Women played an important part in the field hospitals during the War of Independence.
B. The Army was successful in teaching women to fight as soldiers.
C. Victory lay in the services of women.
D. Women were active in the struggle against Britain during the War of Independence.

回复

使用道具 举报

25#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:23:38 | 只看该作者

B
    Hotlines have become common in China. Some radio broadcasting stations use hotlines to encourage the listeners to take part in the talk shows.
    That’s a good idea. Yet, the fact is some people do nothing but break the whole programme.
    Some people know little about the topic under discussion. Sometimes they do not even know what the host(主持人) is talking about. So the host has to tell the caller what the show is about. Usually the caller will ask a few questions which express his hope and show his ignorance(无知).Then the host has to answer and explain-how silly this is! It wastes a lot of time.
    It seems that some people phone the hotlines in fun. They just want to let the listeners hear them. They don’t care what the topic is, whether they themselves are interested in or how silly they appear to be.
    I’m totally bored(厌烦) by those people. It’s necessary for radio stations to improve the hotline programmes. In my opinion, if the caller doesn’t know what is going on, the operator should not let the caller take part in it.
4. The sentence “some people do nothing but break the whole programme.” may tell us that __________.
A. radio stations use hotlines in a wrong way   B. it is a fact
C. it is a good idea  D. some people have unclear thoughts
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Some people know little about the topic under discussion.
B. Some people do not know what the host is talking about.
C. Some people do not know what the show is about.
D. The writer tells us that the host is silly.
6. The host has to answer and explain,_________.
A. for the host works hard   
B. because of the caller’s ignorance
C. for the host likes talking to the caller  
D. because of a lot of questions raised by the caller
7. The passage doesn’t tell us the idea _______.
A. that some listeners phone the hotlines in fun
B. that some people just want to be heard by others
C. that some people who don’t care what the topic is must have realized that they appear to be silly
D. what the hotline programmes are
8. The word “operator” in the last paragraph refers to ________.
A. host     B. listener       C. doctor      D. both A and B

2013年2月16日
Check yourself (选修六Unit 5)
1.        图解,示意图__________2.        火山________
3.        爆发,突然发生_______4.        火山爆发_______
5.        末,灰末_______6.        飓风,风暴_______
7.        问卷,调查表_______8.在旁边沿着边________
9.        设备,装备________10.任命委派_________
11.        数据库,资料库______12.        评估,评价______
13.        全部焚毁__________14.        波浪,波涛______
15.        喷泉_________16.        绝对的,完全的_________
17.        绝对地________18.        一套外衣,套装_____
19.        头盔________  20.        靴子_____________
21.        前往_________22.        潜在性,可能性__________
23.        实际的,实在的______ 24.        候选人______
25.        平房,小屋_______ 26.        台风_______
27.        风暴________28.        珍贵的,珍重的_______
29.        小说家________ 30.        雾____________
31.        文件,证件__________ 32.        彩虹_________
33.        不舒服的________ 34.        阳台_________
35.        失去知觉的_______36.        射中,射伤__________
37.        射击,枪炮声________38.摇晃,摇动_________
39.        汗,出汗_________40.忧虑的,不安的________
41.        担心,焦虑_________42.        惊慌__________
43.        匆匆看一遍________ 44.由..到..不等_______
45.        多种多样的_________46.        洗澡,游泳______
47.        欣赏,感激_______ 48.保证,担保_______
回复

使用道具 举报

26#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:23:43 | 只看该作者

2013年2月17日
一、单项选择
1. The biggest whale is ___ blue whale, which grows to be about 29 meters long—the height of ____ 9-story building.
A. the; the   B. a; a    C. a; the     D. the; a
2. Encourage your children to try new things, but try not to        them too hard.
A. draw   B. strike      C. rush  D. push
3. At the age of 29, Dave was a worker,        in a small apartment near Boston and ______ what to do about his future.
A. living; wondering  B. lived; wondering  
C. lived; wondered  D. living; wondered
4. ---- I' m surprised to hear that Sue and Paul have __   .
----So am I. They seemed very happy together when I last saw them.
A. broken up      B. finished up      
C. divided up         D.closed up
5. Children need friends                their own age to play with.
A. of    B. for       C. in     D. at
6. It was _____ he came back from Africa that wear _________ he met the girl he would like to marry.
A. when; then        B. not; until         
C. not until; that   D. only; when
7. —Hi, Tom. Any idea where Jane is?
—She_____ in the classroom. I saw her there just now.
A. shall be           B. should have been   
C. must be       D. might have been
8. Many children,      parents are away working in big cities,are taken good care of in the village.
A. their    B. whose   C. of them   D. with whom
9. —Your mum is very kind.
—Yeah, My mum is pretty considerate, you know what   , she always arranges everything around me.
A. she means  B. you mean  C. I mean D. we mean
10. New technology was used in teaching. As a result, not only      , but students became more interested in the lessons.
A. saved was teachers’ energy          
B. was teachers’ energy saved
C. teachers’ energy was saved         
D. was saved teachers’ energy
11. His efforts to raise money for his program were        because no one showed any intention to take a cent out of their pockets.
A. in place  B. in sight   C. in effect  D. in vain
12. She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do        it takes to save her life.
A. whichever         B. however  C. whatever D. whoever
13. --- Bill, can I get you anything to drink?  ---        .
A. You are welcome     B. No problem  
C. I wouldn't mind a coffee      D. Doesn’t matter
14. According to statistics, a man is more than twice as likely to die of skin cancer _________ a woman.
A. than    B. such   C. so      D. as
15. So sudden ________that the enemy had no time to escape.
A. did the attack      B. the attack did   
C. was the attack      D. the attack was
二、阅读理解
A large daily dose of vitamin D can cut the risk of developing some common cancers by as much as 50 percent.
The study reviewed 63 studies published worldwide between 1966 and 2004 that linked vitamin D levels to cancer risk. Scientists said analysis showed that the “natural” from of the vitamin, known as D3, could obviously reduce one’s chances of developing common cancers, for example, by 50 percent in colon cancer and by 30 percent in breast and ovarian cancer.
Paula Bokser considers the so-called “sunshine vitamin” a key weapon that helped her fight breast cancer. She grappled with the illness twice in six years and during her treatment her doctor recommended vitamin D.
回复

使用道具 举报

27#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:24:19 | 只看该作者

“There are so many things when you are dealing with cancer that you feel powerless,” Bokser said. “Maybe taking the vitamins gives me a bit more power… you know it’s another fighting agent.”
The study concluded that taking 1,000 international units(IU)of the vitamin daily could cut an individual’s cancer risk by as much as 50 percent. The study found that survival rates for darker-skinned people with breast, colon, prostate and ovarian cancers are worse than that for white people because the high melatonin content in darker skin reduces its ability to produce vitamin D. In the absence of sunshine, a beneficial level of vitamin D can be obtained from food and daily supplements.
While D3 is normally produced in the skin after exposure to sunlight, it can also be obtained from dietary sources, such as oily fish, eggs and meat.
“There is evidence to suggest that the vitamin plays a role in keeping cells healthy. But further research is needed to understand what role vitamin D may play in preventing cancer in humans.” said Sara Hiom, head of health information at Cancer Research UK.
1. The purpose of writing the passage is to tell us                   .
A. vitamin D can reduce cancer risk
B. to be careful when taking vitamin D
C. cancer can be cured by eating vitamin D
D. scientists have been concerning the function of vitamin
2. By mentioning Bokser, the author wants to show                  .
A. she was unlucky                               
B. she has great courage to fight with illness
C. she benefited by taking vitamin D       
D. vitamin D is better than other treatments
3. The fifth paragraph mainly shows                   .
A. how vitamin D works                       
B. the effect of vitamin D
C. why people love vitamin D               
D. white people can live longer
读写任务1 (共1小题, 满分25分)
读下面的短文,然后按要求写一篇150个词左右的文章.
阅读下面的短文,然后按照要求写一篇150词左右的英语短文。
Working after school has become part of most teenagers’ daily life in western countries. In the US, more than 80 percent of American teenagers work after school during their high school years. Many students in Australia and Europe also work part-time. But generally speaking, teenagers in East Asia have not followed this trend. Parents in these cultures encourage their children to spend their most time working. But is working really a waste of time for teens? The answer is unclear. Experts say there are both advantages and disadvantages of teenager employment. One study shows that teenagers who work more than 15 hours a week have lower grades in their exams. They are also less likely to go to college. Teenager depression, anxiety and tiredness have something to do with long work hours as well. But experts haven’t concluded that teenagers should stop working. They admit that holding a part-time job can teach teenagers about responsibility and teamwork. Teenagers also learn about managing their time and money. Employment does bring benefits. Teenagers should be careful, however, to limit their work hours and always put schoolwork first.
[写作内容]
1. 概括短文的内容要点,该部分的字数大约30词左右;
2. 就“Is it a waste of time for teenagers to work after school?”这个主题发表你的看法,至少包括以下的内容要点,该部分的字数大约120词左右;
a)青少年业余时间打零工的利与弊。
b)你是否支持青少年打零工,为什么?
c)你对业余时间打零工的青少年有什么建议?
【写作要求】
你可以使用实例或其他论述方法支持你的观点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容,但不要抄袭阅读材料中的内容。
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
答案
回复

使用道具 举报

28#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 08:24:24 | 只看该作者

2013年1月26日
一、1.examined  2.exposing  3.blamed  4.announced  5.positive  6.conclusion
7.control  8.absorb  9.contributed  10.complete
二、1-5 A C A B D 6-10 B C B C B 11-15 C C A D D
三、这是一篇故事类短文。本文通过朴实而又感人的故事,阐明了“母爱无价”。
1.B 主旨题。从整个故事分析作者讲述的就是“母爱无价”这一主题。
2.C 观点意图题。作者想通过故事中描述达到教育孩子的目的。
3.A 推理题。从这位母亲的为来分析,她并没有太多的语言,而是用一种很“英明”的行为来达到教育孩子的目的。所以可推断出答案为A。
4.C 推测题。从孩子原来的“要钱”,到最后说“"Mummy, I love you." …… "All paid."”可推断孩子终于明白了他的不对。
5.选B。本文主要论述的是,要研究英国文学,对莎士比亚的研究是最重要的。
6.选B。从文章第二句话看出,随着我们年龄的增长,我们的阅历范围扩大了,而莎士比亚的戏剧蕴涵的范围也随之扩大,即更富内涵。
7.选C。文章第一句告诉读者莎士比亚使我们想到我们自己的经历,第三句讲到我们对他的戏剧和我们自己都更加了解,由此推断,莎士比亚总是能让读者回归到自己身上。
8.选A。作者的写作意图是要说明莎士比亚对我们生活的巨大影响。
C错误,文中说只有美国可以,D项为无中生有。
7. B由本题信息点可知既然可以点击网页就应该是在网站上。
8. D由本题信息点可判断出。
2013年1月28日
一、1.relations  influence  3.arranged  4.sightseeing   5.delight  6.consists
7.convenience  8.collection  9.suggestions  10.uniform
二、1-5 BCDBD      6-10 BCDDC      11-15 CABAD
三、本文主要讲述了电脑会在很多方面影响我们的生活。如:我们可以在网上购书和阅读,这样既节省纸张又方便快捷。有人说因此网络阅读将取代我们以前的阅读习惯。但还有人不这样认为,因为纸张看起来更温馨一些。对于购物也是一样,网上虽然可以买到你要的东西,但逛街也自有乐趣。  
1. C 答案A和B分述了文章的两个部分的内容,而D只涉及了电脑的一点用途。所以只有C答案概括性强些。
2. D 答案在第二自然段的第三行和其后的文字中。
3. A 答案BCD的文字表述都太绝对了,以偏盖全。
4. C 本题的四个选项都是我们知道的电脑能做的事情,但只有C项是文中提到的。
5. B首先应明确本文是一则订制杂志的广告,是为了吸引订户的。
6. A  A项的信息点中annual是指每年,然后订一年送一年。B错误,因为文中要求Order NOW,

2013年1月30日
一、1.private  2.constantly  3.impression  4.reminded  5.previous  6.press
7.master  8.sight  9.switch  10.assist
二、1-5 BCACD    6-10 CDAAA  11-15 DCCBC
三、1.选B。从第二段第二句可知,奥斯汀在Bath居住的时间是1801~1806年,应排除A项;根据第二段第三句“Her deep knowledge of the city...”判断,奥斯汀对Bath非常了解;根据第三段可知,那里的商店可提供与奥斯汀有关的书籍,但不可能是她签名的,因为她于1817年去世了;第二段介绍Bath这座城市时,说到它与奥斯汀时代基本一样,但并不是说它是根据奥斯汀小说中所描述的那样去建的。
2.选C。根据第二段中间“The city is still very much as Jane Austen knew it, keeping in its streets and public buildings the well-ordered world that she described so well in her novels.”可知,这座城市和Jane Austen当时的情况依然很相像。
3.选A。文章第一段介绍了著名作家奥斯汀以引起读者的兴趣,从第二段开始文章介绍奥斯汀曾对Bath进行过两次长期造访,曾于1801~1806居住在Bath,现在的Bath和当时几乎一样,并建有奥斯汀中心,这些都是为了吸引人们到Bath来参观。
四、William Shakespeare , born in a small town in 1564 had to leave school as they were poor at that time at the age of 13. Since then he began to make a living by himself and he left for London in his twenties. Soon he found some work in a theatre and before long he became an actor and later a writer of plays.
Shakespeare wrote no fewer than 37 plays, two long poems and more than 150 sonnets. Well known for his excellent English writing,he was a great play writer as well as a great poet in British history and contributed a great deal to the English literature.
2013年2月1日
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-6-18 02:47

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表