免费注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

楼主: wzgzs

中考英语分类复习试题

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-3-18 08:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
( 1 )

well , soft, second ,better , may , strongly, afraid, sand , stay up,  if, now, house

We can’t stop an earthquake(地震), but we can do things to make sure they don’t destroy(毁坏) whole cities. First, it is not a 1 .________  idea to build houses along lines where  2. ________ of the earth’s plates(板块) join together. Second, if you think there  3. ________ be an earthquake, it is better to build houses on rocks , not on  4. ________. Third, you must make the houses as  5. ________ as possible. Weak buildings will fall down in an earthquake, but strong ones may  6. ________ .  .
   Scientists are   7. ________  that one day an even bigger earthquake will hit the part around San Francisco(旧金山) . They call it “ The Big One ”. However, people today are still building more   8. ________  . The population in and around San Francisco is  9. ________  ten times more than it was in 1906. This means that  10. ________   there is another earthquake, a great many houses and buildings will be destroyed.

1.good  2.two  3. may  4.sand  5.strong  6. stay up  7. afraid  8.houses  9.now  10.if  

【剖析】
这是一篇科普类文章,要求选填的词汇都是浅显易懂的常用词,且都是《大纲》范围内的词汇。因此,学生要通读全文,了解大意。只要能够理解文章上下的内容,对短文语境中有用的信息进行分析、推敲、结合整篇,就可以确定所需词汇。值得注意的是,题目提供的词中有两组形容词、副词的同根词,这就要求我们既要明白文章的意思,还得善用所学的综合知识。        
第1题选good。依句型这里需要形容词,看全文应是 “好”。
第2题选two。文章一开始就说,我们虽然不能阻止地震,但可以采取措施减少地震对城市的破坏程度。如果那样的话,那么在地球板块与板块交界的地方建造房屋肯定不是好办法。 (这是一个跨学科的问题,世界上已经发生的地震多数发生在地球板块与板块交界的地方,科学家们称之为地震带。 由此可见,要学好英语,还要学好其他学科。)
第3题选 may。在这里表示猜测、假设,意思是“可能”。
第4题选 sand  。 “沙地”与前面的rocks 一词对应。这句话是说,如果你认为某个地方可能要发生地震,最好是将房屋建筑在地质比较坚硬的地带,而不能建在地质松的地带。 比如像沙漠这样的地带就不能建造房屋。
第5题选strong 。除地质条件外,将房屋建得strong“牢固”些,也是减轻地震灾害的一项重要措施。
第6题选stay up 。在这里是“站立、矗立”的意思,与前面的 fall down 一词相对应。
第7题选afraid。因为旧金山这个城市就建在太平洋板块与美洲大陆板块交界的地带(环太平洋地震带),所以说科学家们感到担心、害怕。
第8题选houses。科学家们之所以感到担心和害怕,是因为那里的人还在那里建造房屋,这正好与前面说的减轻地震灾害的方法相反。
第9题选now 。与前面的1906年相对比。
第10题选if 。文章最后小结提出假设:旧金山如果依旧那样的话,一旦有一天发生地震,后果将不堪设想。
( 2 )

forget, bring,mend,beside,luck,pick,same,differently, I ,every , stop,each

Mr. Brown had an umbrella shop in a small town. People sometimes 1 ________  him broken umbrellas, and then he took them to a big shop in London. They were  2 ________ there.
    One day Mr. Brown went to London by train. He 3 ________  to take an umbrella with him that day. Sitting in front of him was a man with an umbrella standing   4 _______ the seat. When the train arrived in London, Mr. Brown  5 ________  up the umbrella as he often did during his journey by train. Just as he was getting off, he was   6 ________  by the man. He said angrily, “That’s   7________   !” Mr. Brown’ s face turned red and he gave it back to the man at once.
    When Mr Brown got to the big shop, the shopkeeper had got his six umbrellas ready. After a good look at   8 ________  of them, he said, “You’ve mended them very well.”
    In the afternoon he got into the train again. The   9 ________  man was in the same seat. He looked at Mr Brown and his six umbrellas, “You’ve had a  10 ________ day,” he said.

1.brought  2.mended 3. forgot  4. beside  5.picked 6. stopped 7. mine 8.each 9. same 10. lucky
【剖析】
这是一篇伞店老板Mr Brown在火车上发生的故事,是叙述类文章。要求填的词汇都是《大纲》范围内的词汇,因此难度不是很大。学生应在短文语境中对有用的信息进行推敲,结合整篇文章的内容,确定所需词汇。通读全文,了解大意。再读全文,确定所需词的词义、词性和词形。
第1题需要动词,因为该句无谓语,意思是“带来”或“给”,所以选brought。
第2题需要动词,由于该句是被动语态,意思是“被修理”,选mended。
第3题为动词,由空前主语和空后的动词不定式决定,根据下文判断意思是“忘记”,选forgot。
第4题选介词。由语境决定的,意思是“在座位旁边”,选beside。
第5题选动词,意思是“拾起”,恰好是词组pick up,故事发生在过去,所以选picked。
第6题选动词,由于句子是被动语态,选stopped。
第7题选名词性物主代词,由于句子是主系表结构,意思是“我的”,选mine。
第8题选代词,由后面的of结构决定的,指“每一”或者“全部”,选词中没有提供all;所以选each 。
第9题选形容词,由于它修饰的是名词,指“相同的”,选same。
第10题选形容词,由于它修饰的是名词,指“幸运的或好的”,选lucky。

( 3 )

not speak, call , idea, and, what, garden, hear , quiet , do ,eat , name, say

A farmer saw an old man growing something on the other side of the river.
The farmer  1. ________ out to him, “ What are you growing , Grandpa? ”
The old man  2 . ________ for a moment, then said, “Swim over 3.  ________ I’ll tell
you.”
The farmer didn’t like the   4. ________  of swimming across the river. But he wanted to know   5. ________  the old man was doing. He swam over. The old man said very   6. ________  in his ear, “ I’m planting peas in  my  7. ________ .”
“ You should have shouted. I would have  8. ________  quite clearly on that side.” Said the farmer.
“ Oh, no, I wouldn’t  9. ________ that . The sparrows would have heard me and   10. ________ my peas.”

1. called 2.didn’t speak 3. and  4.idea 5. what  6.quietly  7.garden  8.heard  9.do  10. eaten

【剖析】

1.        此题选called 。 根据第一段讲的“一个农夫在河对岸看到一个老人在种什么东西”推理, 当他想问河对岸这位老人在种什么时,就得大声喊 “called out”。
2.        这题选 didn’t speak。因为从下文可知这位老人并没有立刻回答。
3.        这里需要并列连词,选 and。由上文得知老人没有急于回答,而是让他游过来,再告诉他。
4.        利用排除法,结合上下文的意思,可知此题选 idea。
5.从上下文的意思及句子结构,可知此题选 what。
6.从后面的in his ear ,可知说话的声音应该是悄悄地, 所以选 quietly。
7.从上下文可判断应是在garden里种东西。
8.从这个农夫前一句话有 shouted 一词也知后面为“听”的意思,表示听的结果应为heard。
9. 根据上下文的意思,“我不能那样做”选 do 。
10.此话表示如果我大声说话,麻雀会听到的,那么它就会来吃我的豌豆,虚拟语气,  选 eaten 。
( 4 )

telephone , for, lose, so, strong, clever, somebody, good, happy, outside, everybody, at

Mrs Andrews had a young cat, and it was the cat’s first winter. One evening it was  1.________ when it began to snow heavily. Mrs Andrews looked  2. ________it everywhere and shouted its name, but she did not find it, 3. ________ she telephone the police and said, “ I have
4. ________ a small black cat. Has 5.  ________ found one? ”
“ No,madam, ” said the policeman at the other end, “ But cats are really very 6. ________ animals. They sometimes live for days in the snow, and when it melts (融化) or somebody finds them, they are quite 7. ________  .”
Mrs Andrews felt 8. ________ when she heard this. “ And ,” she said, “ Our cat is very  9. ________. She almost talks. ”
The policeman was getting tired, “Well then, ” he said “ Why don’t you put your 10.________ down? Maybe she is trying to telephone you now.  ”

1.outside 2.for 3. so 4. lost 5.  anybody  6.strong  7. well  9. clever  8. happier 10. telephone  

【剖析】

1.        从上下文可看出猫在外面,因此选outside。
2.        “look for寻找”是固定搭配 , 所以选for。
3.        从上下文判断表因果, 所以选so。
4.        从上下文判断找不到猫,所以是丢了lost。
5.        在疑问句中应用不定代词anybody  。
6.        猫是一种生命力非常强的动物,所以选strong。
7.        表示身体好当用 well 。
8.        从上下文可以知道, Mrs. Andrews  听了警察安慰她的话后,感觉好些了,所以选happier 。
9.        从后面一句的 “She almost talks”可推断出她的猫clever 。
10.        联系上下文,Mrs. Andrews在打电话,所以警察让她放下电话telephone。

( 5 )  

tell, hear, listen to , guard, drum, much, fly , army,  with, other, way , instruction

Here are some old ways to sending messages.
   An Egyptian(埃及人) put his ear to the ground. He 1 . ________ the horses coming this way. He ran to   2. ________ his people . He was a  3. ________ . That was one way for Egyptians to send messages.
People in  4.________ countries sent message, too. When enemies came, one man beat his drum. In the next village people heard the drum and beat their drums, too. The messages went from village to village by  5.________ .
Much 6. ________ , some armies (军队) kept many pigeons(鸽子) . These pigeons always 7. ________ back. When a soldier was sent far away from his own 8. ________ , he might take a pigeon along. He could tie a message to the bird’s leg. It would fly back 9.  ________   the soldier’s message.
These are shown ways to send messages. Can you think of more 10. ________?

1 heard 2. tell 3. guard  4. other  5. drum  6. more  7 . flew  8.  army  9. with  10.ways
【剖析】

1. 他“听到”马朝这边跑来的声音,故选 heard。
2. 他跑去 “告诉”他的人民,故选tell。
3. 符合上下文要求,应该是放哨的人guard。
4. “其他”国家的不特指,other。
5. 通过鼓来传递信号,drums。
6. “更何况,更不用说 much more ”是固定搭配,所以选 more。
7. 常理,鸽子应是“飞” 回来的,所以此题选flew。
8. 根据士兵应属军队,这一题选army。
9. 表示伴随,应用“带着with” 。
10.根据上文,推断这里是问,“你能想出更多的‘方法’吗?”,所以选 ways。

( 6 )   

before, discover , fast, in, come, watch , so, fastly, it, ago , shine, not can

Light travels at a speed(速度) which is about a million times 1 . ________ than that of sound.  2. ________ one second, light travels about 300,000 kilometers, but sound travels only 340 meters. You can get some idea of this difference by  3. ________  the start of a running match. If you stand far away from the starter(发令员), you can see smoke 4.________ from his gun 5.________ the sound reaches your ears.
The fast speed of light produces some strange facts. The nearest star is 6. ________ far away that light which you can see from it tonight started to travel to you  four years  7. ________ at a speed of nearly two million kilometers every minute. The light from some of tonight’s started on 8. ________ journey towards you even before you were born.
So, if we want to be honest(诚实), we 9.  ________ say , “ The stars are shining brightly tonight.”  We have to say, “ The stars look nice. They were 10. ________ four years ago but their light has just reached our earth. ”

1.faster  2.In  3. watching  4. come  5. before  6. so  7. ago  8. its 9. cannot 10. shining

【剖析】

1.        因为光的速度比声快,显然“than”之前应该用比较级,所以选faster。
2.        承接上文,这里应该用“在  内”,选。
3.        介词后应接动名词,表示观看比赛应用 watch , 所以选watching。
4.        see后跟不带to 的不等式,做宾语的补足语,即see sb. do  结构, 因此,选come 。
5.        发令枪响时,在远处观看的人,先看到的是火光和烟,紧接着听到的才是枪声。选before 。
6.        引导一个表结果的状语从句。 “如此 … … 以致于 so… that ” ,下文有that 所以这里应该用so。
7.        由上下文判断这里应选 ago。
8.        “开始… … 的旅程 on one’s journey ” 是固定搭配,选 its 。
9.        上文已告诉我们:有的星球离我们太远,它们的光线到达我们地球需要几年的时间。因而从科学的角度讲,我们不能说“今夜星光灿烂”。选 cannot 。
10根据上文可知,我们现在看到的光是几年前的发出的,应选shining。

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
( 7 )

happy, interest, problem, never, get away, eye, run , tire, have, miss ,catch, think

A man was sitting in the doctor’s office. He was telling the doctor about his 1 . ________ .
“I like football, Doctor.” He said, “ Please help me. My life has 2. ________ been a good one since I became 3. ________ in football and  it is getting worse and worse. I can’t even 4.________ from it in my sleep. When I close my 5.________, I’m out there in the football field and 6. ________  after a flying ball. When I wake up, I’m more 7. ________than I was before I went to bed. What am I going to do?  ”
The doctor sat back and said,  “ First of all, you 8. ________ to do your best not to dream(做梦) about football. Before you fall asleep, try to 9.  ________about something else. Try to think that you are at a party and someone is going to give you several million dollars.”
“ Are you crazy (疯了) ?”  the man shouted,  “ I’ll 10. ________ the ball !”

1.        problem 2.never 3. interested 4.get away 5.eyes 6. running 7.tired  8.have  9.think  10.miss

( 8 )

other, move, enough, find ,desert, make, use , another, friend , carry , trouble, friend

You may think there is nothing but sand in the desert of the world, but it is not true. In the desert we can 1._______ stones. We can see hills, too. There is a little rain in the 2.________, but it is not 3. ______ for most plants.
The animals are  4. _______ to the desert people in many ways. The desert people eat the meat and drink the milk of the animals. They use their skins to 5. ________ shoes, water bags and even tents(帐篷). They use the camels(骆驼) for 6. _______ things.
The people of the desert have to keep 7. _______ from places to place. They must always look for grass or desert plants for their animals. They usually live in the tents. When there is mo more food for their animals, they take down their tents, put them on the camels and move to 8. _______ place. The desert people are very 9.  _______. No man in the desert would ever refuse to help the people in  10._______ and give them food and water.

1.find 2.desert 3.enough 4.useful 5.make  6. carrying 7. moving  8. another 9.friendly 10.trouble

( 9 )

how, they ,winter, summer  spend, care , dance , take, show , open , only, good

The world of the out-of doors is full of secrets. And 1. ________ are so interesting  that quite a lot of people are busy studying them. All around us are birds, animals, trees and flowers. The facts about 2.________ they live and grow are as interesting as anything could be.
Do you know that one of the great presidents of the United States 3 ________ hours and hours studying birds? A businessman who lives near New York City became so interested in insects(昆虫) that he began to collect them. He now has more than one thousand different kinds 4. ________ kept in the glass boxes.
Come then with me, and I will help you find some of Nature’s secrets. Let us go quietly through the woods and fields. Here we shall find how a rabbit tells the other rabbits that there is danger. We shall follow a mother bear and her young ones as they search for food and get ready for 5. ________ sleep. We shall watch bees 6. ________ in the air to let other bees know where they can find food. I will 7.________ you many other interesting things, but the 8. ________ thing that I can teach you is to keep your eyes and ears 9.________ when you go out of doors. Nature tells her secrets 10.________ to people who look and listen carefully.

1.        they 2. how 3. spent 4. carefully 5. winter 6. dancing 7. show 8. best 9. open 10. only
( 10 )

two, sudden , cold, teach, in surprise, French, hot, beard, photo, office, passport, China

Mr Hill arrives at London Airport, at the end of a three-week holiday in 1. ________. Usually he wears a beard(蓄着胡须). Since it has been 2.________ there, he has taken it off (剃掉). But his passport photo shows him with his 3. ________.
An officer looks at the 4. ________for a moment, and says,"Will you excuse me? Please sit down. I shan't keep you long." With this, he walks away, shows the photo to a second 5.________, and says: "I know that face." The second officer looks at the  6. ________ and asks where Mr Hill has come from. When he hears that Mr Hill has arrived back from Paris, the 7.________ officer smiles and says: "An Englishman with a beard stole a painting in Paris on Friday, And that man looks just the kind of man..."
8.________ it comes to the first officer who Mr Hill is. He returns to him, and asks: "Did you
9. ________ at the No.2. High School?" When Mr Hill answers, 10. ________, that he did, the first officer smiles and says: "I thought so. I'm Jack Smith. You taught me French. You haven't changed a bit."

1.France 2.hot 3. beard 4. photo 5. office 6. passport 7. second 8. Suddenly 9. teach 10. in surprise

( 11 )

how, much, safe, thank, play , be, invent , no, so , interest, must , ask

Thomas Edison was a great American 1.________  . When he was a child, he was always   2.________  questions and trying out new ideas. No matter  3.________  hard it was, he never gave up.
Young Tom was in school for only three months. His teacher didn’t understand why he had  4.________  many strange questions. Most of them were not about his lessons. The teacher didn’t want to teach Tom any 5.________ . He asked Tom’s mother to take the boy home. Tom’s mother taught him to read and write, and she found him  6.________  a very good pupil. He learnt very fast and became very  7.________ in science.
One day , he saw a little boy   8.________ on the railway tracks at a station. A train was coming near quiclly, and the boy was too frightened to move. Edison rushed out and carried the boy to  9 .________. The boy’s father was so  10.________  that  he taught Edison to send messages by telegraph.
1.inventor  2. asking 3.how  4.so 5. more  6.to be 7.interested  8.playing 9. safety 10.thankful
( 12 )

as, sleep ,dream, like, again, about, think, must, wake up, quick, much ,why

"Dreams (梦 ) may be more important than sleep. We all need to dream," some scientists say.
Dreams take up about one quarter of our 1 .________ time. People have several
2. ________each night. Dreams are like short films. They are usually in colour. Some dreams are 3. ________ old films. They come to us over and over 4. ________. That may be because the dreamer is worrying about something. Dreaming may be a way of trying to find an answer.
Some people get new ideas 5. ________ their work from dreams. They may have been 6. ________ about their work all day. These thoughts can carry over into dreams.
Sometimes we 7. ________ with a good feeling from a dream. But often we can't remember the dream. Dreams can disappear (消失) 8. ________ from memory (记忆).
Too much dreaming can be harmful (有害的). The 9. ________ we sleep, the longer we dream. The mind is hard at work when we dream. That is 10. ________ we may have a long sleep and still wake up tired.  
1 .sleeping 2.dreams 3.like 4. again 5. about 6. thinking 7. wake up 8.  quickly 9. more 10. why

( 13 )

see, looked for, hunt , dog ,kill , wolf ,die, tear , remind , back , hunt , his, remember

More than seven hundred years ago, the Prince of Wales had a very big and brave dog called Gelert.
One day the Prince wanted to go 1. ________ with his men. He told his 2. ________ to stay at home and look after his baby son. The baby was in a wooden cradle (摇篮), which was like a small bed.
When the Prince came back from hunting, Gelert ran out to meet his master. He wagged his tail and jumped up to put his paws (前爪)on the Prince's chest. Then the Prince saw the blood on Gelert's jaws and head.
"What have you done?" the Prince said. He rushed into his house and 3. ________his baby son. The cradle was lying on its side on the floor. The clothes were torn and there was blood on them.
"So you have killed my son?" the Prince said angrily. "You unfaithful dog!" He took out his sword(剑) and  4. ________ the dog. Just as Gelert was  5. ________  , he managed to bark. Then the Prince heard a baby call to the dog.
The Prince ran out of the house and saw his son lying on the ground unhurt. Near him was a dead  6. ________. Then the Prince knew that Gelert had defended(保卫) the baby and killed the wolf.
The Prince ran  7. ________ into the house but he was too late. Gelert was dead. The Prince was very sad indeed. 8. ________ ran down his face when he realized 'he had killed 9. ________faithful friend. The Prince carried the body of his brave dog to the top of a mountain and buried him there. After this, the Prince never smiled again. Every morning at dawn, he walked up the mountain and stood by the dog's grave for a few minutes.
If you go to Mount Snowdon in Wales, people will show you where Gelert is buried. There is a sign by his grave. It  10. ________people of a brave and faithful dog.

1.hunting 2. dog 3. looked for 4,killed 5. dying 6. wolf. 7. back 8.Tears 9. his10.  reminds

( 14 )

and ,receive , satellite , weather , change ,help, or , early , for, when, forecast , star

Satellites Forecast the Weather
Now satellites are helping to forecast (预报) the weather. They are in space, and they can reach any part of the world. The 1.________ take pictures of the atmosphere (大气), because this is where the weather forms (形成). They send these pictures to the 2. ________ station. So the scientists there can see the weather of any part of the world and tell how the weather will change.
Today, nearly five hundred weather stations in sixty countries can  3. ________ satellite pictures. 4. ________they receive the new pictures, they compare (比较) them with the earlier ones. Perhaps they may find that the clouds have  5. ________ during the last few hours. This may mean that the weather on the ground may soon change, too. In their next weather 6. ________, they can tell people about it. So the weather satellites are of a great  7. ________ to the scientists at the station. In the past they could forecast the weather for about 24 or 48 hours  8. ________. Now they can make good forecasts for three  9 ________ five days. Soon, perhaps, they may be able to forecast the weather  10. ________ a week or more ahead.

1.satellites 2.weather 3.receive  4.When  5.changed  6. forecast  7. help 8.earlier 9. or 10. for

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:35:00 | 显示全部楼层
( 15 )

have, study , happy ,leave, coffee, message, on , must , next ,arrive, go , she

Catherine was a famous writer of children's stories. She lived in a fine old house in a small town near London. Often she worked at home, in her quiet 1.________.Long before her books became popular, she had tried to teach 2         how to use a computer. And now she typed(打字)all her stories on her computer. But sometimes she had to 3        the house to get some books from the library or have a meeting. She didn't like being away because she was worried about burglar(盗贼).So she was very careful. Just before leaving, she always put a full cup of coffee on the writing desk, and left the radio playing to make a burglar think someone  4        be at home.
One day she came back after a day out, and found that there was something different in her house. There  was only a little 5.         lift in the cup, and the radio was off. But when she looked at her computer, she saw it was 6.         , and someone had typed in a new story. She had no idea who had got in, or how, because none of the doors or windows was broken. Then she sat down to read the story. To her surprise, it was a very good one. "I'll use it in my 7.        book!" she said 8         .
The next month she had to go to London. She put a cup of coffee and a plate of sandwiches on the desk. When she returned, the coffee and the sandwiches had 9.         .She ran to the computer. This time there was only a 10.         on the screen(屏幕)."IT'S NOT YOUR STORY.IT'S MINE!" it said.
1.        study 2. herself  3. leave 4. must 5. coffee  6. on 7. next 8. happily 9. gone 10. message
( 16 )

try,  how,  what,  if,  can, wonderful , much,  shop,  glass , read, down, put

Tom lived a way from town. One day he went into town to buy something in the shop, and after he bought  1. ________ he wanted, he went into a restaurant and sat  2 .  ________  at the table. When he looked round, he saw some old people  3.   ________ eyeglasses on before 4. ________ their books, so after lunch he went to a shop to buy 5. ________, too. He walked along the road, and soon found a 6. ________.
The man in the shop made him 7. ________ on a lot of glasses, but each time Tom said, “ No, I can’t read with these. ”
The man became 8 . ________ and more puzzled (困惑) . At last he said,  “ Excuse me, but 9. ________ you read at all?”
“ No, I can’t! ” Tom said,  “10. ________ I can read, do you think I will come here to buy glasses? ”
1.        what 2.down 3.put  4.reading 5.glasses 6. shop 7.try 8.more 9.can 10. If  

Sa  
     ( 17 )

well, brother, on , ago , I , for , make , needn’t , as , because , much, before  

In my spare time, I paint designs on T-shirts. I got the idea two years   1         for my 2          birthday present. The shop wanted $ 20 for a special design  3        a T-shirt, so I decided to do it  4         . I bought a white cotton T-shirt    5         $6 and some paints, and I painted a lion on the front. My brother loved it!
Painting T-shirts is great fun. You  6         be a great artist, you can just paint shapes and lines. The T-shirts are the   7         expensive part of my hobby. Also you have to use special fabric paints and you need to buy good quality brushes.
I love my hobby  8         I can make T-shirts that no-one else has. I give a lot of them away    9         presents to my family and friends. Sometimes, I sell them. Since I started, I’ve    10         about 60 T-shirts and each one is different.   

1.        ago 2. brother’s 3. on  4. myself  5.for  6. needn’t  7. most 8. because  9. as 10. made

( 18 )

what, leave, ask, in, driver, something, inside , number , bring, me, how

A: Good morning, madam. May I help you?
B: Yes, I’m afraid I  1         my handbag on the taxi this morning!
A: What’s  2         the handbag?
B: About 5000 yuan.
A: 3         else?
B: Yes, my ID card, I think.
A: By the way, have you  4          for the taxi ticket?
B: Yes, the ticket 5         is 3456789.
A: Well, I’ll help you to call the taxi  6         . ( Knocking at the door)
B: Come in, please.
A: Good morning, sir. I found this handbag on my taxi and I  7         it here. There’s much money  8        .
B: Thank you very much. (turning to the woman). Is this your handbag?
A: Yes, it’s  9         . Thank goodness!  10           a kind man! Thank you.

1. left 2.in 3.Anything 4. asked 5. number 6. drive 7. brought 8. inside 9. mine 10. What

( 19 )

eat,  around ,  be ,  of , amuse , difficult,  different , probable,   gift,  but, and,  other,

Have you ever  been  to Disneyland? For most of the kids 1           the world, this  2       park is a fantastic place for them to have fun. When we  3         young, we all have heard  4         Mickey Mouse, Sleeping beauty, Snow White and many Disney characters. Some of us   5            have seen them in cartoons. Actually, you can go to see them all in a theme park. Now, there are four  6           Disneyland amusement parks all over the world. Two are in the United States, one is in Tokyo, and the   7         is in France. There are not only some amusement attractions there ,  8         also many specials  with      
Disney characters. In Disneyland, you can have a lot of fun watching Disney movies,  9         in Disney restaurants, and buying Disney  10         .

1.        around 2. amusement 3. were 4.  of 5. probably 6. different  7. other  8. but  9. eating 10.gifts

( 20 )

choose, across , never, thirst,  need,  time, play, on, exercises, photo, through  difference

Do you want to be healthier? Then go  1           the passage, and you may find it’s easy to keep fit.
1)        Eat all kinds of foods, especially fruits and vegetables.
You may have a favourite kind of food, but the best   2          is to eat as many kinds as possible. If you eat   3          foods, you’re more likely to get the nutrients your body needs . Taste new foods that you  4          tried before. Some foods, such as green vegetables, are very important. Have five servings(份) of fruits and three vegetables.
2)        Drink water and milk often.
When you are really  5         , cold water is the No. 1 choice. Kids need calcium(钙) to grow strong, and milk is a great source of this mineral (矿物质) . How much do children  6       ? About three glasses of milk every day.
3)  Limit screen time.
What’s screen time? It’s the  7         for watching TV, DVDs, and videos, 8         
computer games, and using the computer. If you spend much time  9         these activities, you may have less time left to take  10           ,  such as playing basketball, bicycling, and swimming.
1.        through 2. choice 3. different 4. never 5. thirsty 6. need 7. time 8. playing  9. on 10. exercise

( 21 )

think, find, drink ,dinner, bright, around , hear , scare,  interesting, animal, sleep , darkness      

I went on a camping trip in the mountains with my classmate. After hiking all day, we  1            
A good place to camp for the whole night. We make a campfire so that we can cook our  2        . We  roasted some hot dogs and potatoes and  3          some lemonade. When it got    4         , we told ghost stories by sitting  5         the campfire.
Later when we lay down to go to   6         , we listened to the sounds of crickets(蟋蟀) and some   7         moving around in the grass. We  8         there were some ghosts nearby. “ What?” we asked. “ I think I hear someone walking in the woods. ” Kathy said. Soon we all   9            footsteps and we were all so  10          that we couldn’t go to sleep.
Of course, there was no one there, but we have very active imagination(想象).

1.        found 2. dinner 3. drank 4 . dark  5. around 6. sleep  7. animals  8. thought 9. heard 10. scared   

( 22 )

careful ,enjoy, where , see, idea, go ,take, sunny, make, with, problem, morning

A: What are you going to do next weekend?
B: I have no   1         . What about you?
A: I don’t know. Do you want to do something  2          me?
B: Sure. What do you want to do?
A: How about  3         fishing on Saturday?
B: OK.  4         are we going to meet?
A: Let’s meet at my house. My father has a boat.  He can   5         us fishing on the lake.
B: What time shall we leave?
A: Let’s leave at 5: 30 in the   6         . Fishing is good at that time.
B: So early? Can we   7         it a little later?
A: Well, no   8         . What about 6:00?
B: Great. We are sure to   9         ourselves.  10         you at 6:00 on Saturday morning.
A: OK. Bye!
1. idea  2. with  3. going  4. Where  5.take  6. morning 7. make 8. problem 9. enjoy 10. See

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:35:00 | 显示全部楼层
选词填空专项训练
                               A
by   gave   found  just  went   finally  sent  into  passed  never   bad  near

There was a little boy with a bad temper(脾气)。His father(1)_________ him some nails to drive into the back fence(栅栏) when he lost his temper. The first day the boy drove 37 nails(2)________ the fence. Then it began to become less. He (3)_________it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
(4)__________the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at a11.He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy should now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days (5)__________and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
The father took his son (6)___________the hand and led him to the fence. He said,“You have done well. my son, but look at the fence. It will (8)__________be the same. When you say things in anger,they leave a scar(痕迹)(9)___________ like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry. the wound(伤口) is still there. A verbal(言语)wound is as (10)____________as a physical(肉体)one.

New York,London,Paris and other big cities are exciting places to live in.There are many interesting things to see and to do.You can go to different kinds of museums,plays and films.
You can also go shopping to buy things from all over the world.
    But there are serious problems in big cities too.  The cost of living is high,and there are too many people in some of big cities.  Every year many people move to the big cities because there are some chances to find jobs,to study at good schools,and to receive good medical care.
But sometimes these people cannot find work or a good place to live in.Also,too many people in a small space make it hard to keep the cities safe and clean.
    Some people enjoy living in big cities.  Others do not. Before people move to big cities,they should think about the problems of living there.

I worked for a short time as a cashier(出纳员)at a restaurant a few months ago,I also helped clean up the tables when it was especially busy.  One night,just before Christmas, I found a large black wallet on the floor near one of the tables.I guessed I should check it to find out who was the owner,but I was very busy at the time.Also,I imagined that if there was
something valuable(有价值的)in the wallet,the owner would be back.Sure enough,an hour later a man came up to the counter and asked if anyone had found a wallet.  I asked him to describe the lost wallet,and after he described it exactly,I gave him the wallet.He expressed his sincere thanks when I handed it to him.He asked me if I had opened it,and when I told him “no”.At once he opened it and showed that it had nearly $8QO in cash(现金).He took out a twenty—dollar bill and handed it to me and I was amazed atthis.“A reward(酬劳)for your honesty(诚实).”he said and then turned and walked away.
    Thinking about it later;I began wondering whether I would have been honest if I had known what was in the wallet!  I thought that if I had no way to find the owner and no one returned to claim(认领)it,I might keep it.But it also came into my mind  that I actually saved someone’s Christmas plans by finding and returning the wallet.  The good feeling it gave me was worth more than anything money could buy.

In a small town, there lived a doctor. He was good and kind. He was ready to go and help people. People always went to him when they were ill.
Many years later, the doctor began to forget things. People were afraid and little by little, they stopped going to him. The doctor saw his business wasn’t as good as before. He thought, " Well, if I was the patient (病人), I' d be afraid to go to me too. Maybe it's time for me to stop being a doctor. But this town has no doctor. What will the people do when they become ill?"
His wife heard him talking to himself and said, "Why don’t you find a young doctor to take your place? Then people will have another good doctor to take care of them and I will get my husband back."
The doctor liked what his wife said. He found a very good young doctor to help the people. The doctor and his wife then had time to take long walks together, go dancing, go travelling and spend the rest(剩余部分) of their days together.

eat, high, really, give, man, want, in, when
The food in the White Rose Restaurant was cheap and good, but nobody seemed              to eat there. Its owner did not know what to do at first.
Then he did something and it changed all that. In a few weeks his restaurant was always full of              with their lady(女性)friends. Every time a gentleman (先生) came                with a lady, a menu(菜单)           to each of them by a smiling waiter (服务员) . The menu looked the same on the outside, but there was an important difference inside. The lady has the menu with a much             (价格)for the same food and drink.                the man ordered (点菜) different kinds of delicious food and drink, the lady thought he was much more generous (慷慨) than he               was.
Do you enjoy              in this kind of restaurant?

My parents divorced (离婚) when I was 8 years old. Their marriage was a mistake of World War II. And about 50 years ago, I was the only child I knew who didn't have a father at home on Father's Day. Divorce was very uncommon back then.
So when my friends were in town shopping for presents for their fathers, I decided since my mother was both Mother and Father, no one else was like her, who better deserved a present on Father's Day than her?
I bought her a little set of (一套) tools, just a few things, hammer, pliers and screwdriver and a box to put all these things in. I got some ideas from my grandfather and named it Mother's Tool Box. She was excited, more at the thought of being cared for on Father's Day than of the present. She always said she liked her Father's Day memories better than the Mother's Day ones. It made her feel special — and she was. I have noticed in the past few years, greeting cards are even made for "Mother on Father's Day". Ever since then, my mother has got cards on Father’s Day. By the way, she knew just how to use those tools and others she had ever used over the years.

It was 8:40 in the evening and I was at Starbucks—Plaza Singapura, the place we are going to meet. I was 20 minutes before meeting time. It is not polite to be late for a date(约会)for the first time anyway. I waited, looking at the people coming and going. I was daydreaming about today's soccer match I played and started thinking about life and soccer. Life is like soccer. You never know when you are going to get hit by the ball in your face. You have to live!
As I was trying to relax myself, I felt her appearance—the smell, I can never forget. I looked up and saw her smiling and making her way towards me. She was pretty-looking and she was in fashion (时尚). I stood there watching her coming. A bright colour T-shirt with a beautiful skirt. Wow, I really love girls wearing skirts. It makes them look more attractive and natural.
“Sorry I am late.”
“No, it’s OK. I am just early myself.”
“So what film are we going to see?”
“It's OK, we will check it out later, and anyway what matters most is who I am going to see it with, not the show.”

It is a beautiful day in June. The sun is hot. It's time to harvest strawberries (草莓),and the strawberry fields are full of people. These people are picking strawberry. They are not farmers, and they are picking fruit for fun. They can buy strawberries in a supermarket but it is cheaper to pick their own fruit. Strawberries from the farm are also flesher (更新鲜的). Most people also like to pick their own fruit because it is a pleasant way to spend as afternoon .        
One little boy is walking between the rows of plants. He is Picking the strawberries and eating them as fast as he can. Two young women in petty dress and high-heeled shoes(高跟鞋)are getting out of their car.  Now they are 'taking off their shoes. These women are taking a break from their work. They want to pick fruit and enjoy the sunshine.

The most popular food in America was invented  because a cook got angry. George Crum was a  cook at a restaurant in Saratoga Springs, New York. One day in 1853,a customer (顾客)who had ordered fried (油炸的)potatoes sent them back to the kitchen. He wanted the cook to slice (切)them thinner and fry them longer. George Crum had a bad temper(脾气),and he thought the potatoes were fine the way he made them. To teach the customer a lessen, he sliced potatoes very thin and fried them until they were crispy (脆的).But instead of being angry. the customer loved the new fried potatoes? He asked for more. Other people who tried them like them too, and customers kept asking for them. Far many years, people called them Saratoga chips after the town where they were first made.
Even now. after more than 150 years, potato chips are very popular. Al least one of every ten potatoes grown in the United States is made into potato chips. So if you like potato chips, be glad George Crum had a bad temper!

Many students get a driver's permit at 15. In California, they are then allowed to drive for 50 hours under supervision. "Under supervision" means that a friend or relative who already has a license has to ride with them. But what happens when teenagers(persons between 13 and 19 years old)start driving on their own? Many are careful drivers and never have a problem. But many other are not, and they create(造成)Problems on the road. Fifteen-year-olds are too young to drive, and sixteen-year-olds are too immature(不成熟的)to start driving alone.
In the United States, more teenagers are killed in driving accidents than in any other way. While fewer than 7% of drivers are teenagers, teenagers are involved (占,包括)in 14% of the terrible car accidents in the country. Sixteen-year-olds involved in over 43 crashes in every million kilometers they drive. But seventeen-year-olds cause only about 30 accidents a million kilometers of driving. One year makes a difference. So the age limit(限制)should be increased.

Rivers are one of our most important natural resources(自然资源). Many of the world’s great cities are located on rivers, and almost every country has at least one river flowing through it that plays an the lives of its people.
Since the beginning of history, people have used rivers for transportation. The longest one in the United States is the Mississippi. The lifeline of Egypt is the Nile. To the people of India , the Ganges is great, but it is also important for transportation; ships can travel along it for a thousand miles. Other great rivers are the Congo in Africa and the Mekong in southeast Asia, The greatest of all for navigation(航海), however, is the Amazon in Brail, It is so wide and so deep that large ships can go about two thousand miles upon it.
Besides transportation, rivers give food, water to drink, water for crops, and chances for fun and recreation for the people who live along their banks. In order to increase the supply of water for crops, engineers sometimes build a dam(大坝) across a river and let a lake form behind the dam. Then people can use the water not only to irrigate(灌溉) their fields but also to make electricity for their homes and industries.
However, large cities and industries that are located upon rivers often make problems. As the cities grow in size and industries increase in number, the water in the rivers becomes polluter with chemicals and other materials. People are learning the importance, however, of doing more to keep their rivers clean if they want to enjoy the benefits(利益) of this natural resource.

A friend of mine named Paul received an expensive car from his brother as a Christmas present.On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office,a street urchin (顽童) was walking around the shining car.“Is this your car,Paul?”he asked.
Paul answered,“Yes,my brother gave it to me for Christmas.”The boy was surprised.“You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you nothing?Sir,I wish…” He hesitated(犹豫).Paul thought of course he knew what the boy wanted, but what the boy said surprised him greatly.“I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.”Paul looked at the boy
in surprise, and then he said again, “Would you like to take a ride in my car?”“Oh yes,I’d love to.”The boy answered.
After a short ride,the boy turned and with his eyes shining,said,“Paul,would you mind
driving in front of my house?”
Paul smiled a little.He thought he knew what the boy wanted.He wanted to show his neighbours that he could ride home in a big car. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked.
He ran up to the steps. Then in a short while Paul heard him coming back, but he was not
coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled (残疾的) brother. He sat him down on the step and
pointed to the car.
“There she is, Buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas and it didn’t cost him a cent. And some day I’m going to give you one just like it…then you can see for yourself all the nice things in the Christmas windows that I’ve been trying to tell you about.”
Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother
climbed in beside him and the three of them began an unforgettable holiday ride.

April 1st is a day on which, in some countries, people try to play jokes on others. If one succeeds in joking with somebody, one laughs and says, “April Fool,” and then the person who has been joked with usually laughs, too.
    One April 1st, a country bus was going on a countryside road. The road was so small and not so straight that the driver had great trouble in driving along. When the bus slowed down and stopped, he quickly turned his key again and again, looking very worried, but nothing happened. Then he turned to the passengers with an unhappy look on his face and said, “This poor bus is getting old and it isn’t going as well as it used to. There is one thing to do if we want to get home before dark. I shall count three, and on the word ‘three’, I want you all to lean forward(前倾)suddenly as hard as you can. That should get the bus started again. Now, all of you lean back(后仰)as far as you can in your seats and get ready.”
    The passengers all followed the driver’s words. They leaned back all at once and waited quietly for the driver’s number counting. Then the driver turned to his front and asked whether they were ready. The passengers hardly had enough breath to answer “yes”.
    “One! Two! Three!” counted the driver. The passengers all leaned forward suddenly —— and the bus started up at a great speed.
    The passengers breathed more easily and began to smile with joy. But their smiles turned to surprise and then big laughter when the driver cried, “April Fools.”

A 10-year-old British girl saved 100 other tourists from the Asian tsunami(海啸)having warned them a huge body of water was on its way after learning something about this weeks earlier at school.
    “I was on the beach and the water started to go funny,” Tilly Smith told the Sun.
    “There were bubbles(水泡)and the huge waters went out all of a sudden. I realized at once what was happening and had a feeling that there was going to be a tsunami. I soon told mummy about this.”
    While other holidaymakers stood and watched as the disappearing waters left boats and fish on the sands. Tilly seemed to know the danger signs at once because she had just learned a school lesson on huge waves caused by the moving and shaking of the underwater earth.
    Quick action by Tilly’s mother and Thai hotel staff(工作人员)meant Maikhao beach was quickly cleared, just minutes before a huge wave fully swept the beach. The beach was one of the few on the Thai island of Phuket where no one was killed.
    Her teacher, Andrew Kearney, spoke highly of his quick-thinking student. “Tilly is a very bright, clear-headed girl … It happened that our class were learning about tsunami just two weeks before Christmas,” he told the newspaper.

A woman saw:three o1d men sitting in her front yard.She said,“I don’t think I know you,
but you must be very hungry.Please come in and have something to eat.”
    “We don’t go into a house together,”they replied.
    “Why is that?” she asked.
    One of the old men answered。“His name is Wealth,this is Success,and I am Love.” Then he said,“Now go in and discuss with your family which one of us you want in your house.”
    Then the woman went in and told her family what was said.She said “Let’s invite Wealth.
Let him come in and bring us nice things.We have been so poor."His husband disagreed,“My
dear why don't we invite Success? Don’t you want me to be a successful man?" Then the daughter asked,“Would it be better to invite Love? Our life will then be filled with 1ove!" “Let’s take our daughter's advice(建议),"said the father and mother.
    So the woman went out and asked,“Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our
guest.”Love got up and started walking toward the house.The other two also got up and followed
him.Surprised,the lady asked Wealth and Success,“I only invited Love.Why are you corning
along?” The two o1d men answered,“If you had invited Wealth or Success,two of us would have
stayed out,but since you have invited Love,wherever he goes,we go with him.Where there is
Love.there is Wealth and Success.”

A
An old farmer had spent all his life on his farm in the country,far from the city.One day he decided to visit the big city.Everything was new and strange to him,because he had never travelled to the city.
     The old farmer visited a lot of interesting places in the city.
     He went into a large tall building and saw a lift.When he watched,an old woman got into the lift and closed the door.After a while,the door opened again and a very beautiful young girl came out.
The old farmer was very surprised.“What an interesting little room!”he said to himself.“It’s magic(魔术)! It can change an old woman into a young girl.The next time I come here,I’m going to bring my wife to take the lift.’

New rules and behavior standards(行为规范) for middle school students came out in March.The Middle School is going to use a new way to decide who the top students are.The best students won’t only have high marks(分数).They should not dye染) their hair,smoke or drink because they are students.The following are some of the new rules.
     Have you ever copied someone else’s work in an exam? Don’t do that again! That’s not something an honest(诚实的) student should do.
     Do more at schoo1.Good students love animals and care for other people.April is Bird-loving Month in China.Is your school doing anything to celebrate it? You should join! And you can learn more about animals and how to protect them.Be friendly to the people around you.Try to think of others,not only yourself.
     Be open to new ideas.Do you think people can live on the moon? Maybe you’ll find another earth someday.Don’t look down on(轻视) new ideas.Everyone’s ideas are important.You should welcome them,because new ideas make life better for everyone.
     Protect yourself.Has someone ever taken money from one of your classmates? Don’t let it happen to you.If you have to go home late,you should let your parents know.
     Use the Internet carefully.The Internet can be very useful for students.But some things on the Internet aren’t for children,so try to look at web pages(网页) that are good for you.

The world is not only hungry, it will also be thirsty for water. About 97% of water on the earth is sea water, or salt water. Man can only drink or use the other 3% of the fresh water which comes from rivers, lakes and underground. On the other hand, because the number of people in the world is becoming larger and larger, more and more fresh water is needed. So water shortage (短缺) becomes a big problem.
  How can we work out this problem? Scientists have found some ways to turn salt water into fresh water. One important way is to boil (使达到沸点) sea water with high heat until vapor (蒸汽) rises, leaving the salt. In this way, a lot of fresh water can be made quickly.
  But heating is not the only way to get fresh water. Other ways are tried, for example, digging deep wells, keeping rain water and stopping rivers from becoming dirty.
  Which way is the best? To get the most fresh water for the least money is the best.

Hi, dear boys and girls! Do you know how to be a healthy kid? Here are some rules you should follow.
  First, eat different foods, especially fruit and vegetables. You may have a favourite food, but you'd better eat something different, if you eat different foods, you will probably get more nutrients (营养物质) your body needs.
  Second, drink water and milk as often as possible. When you're really thirsty, cold water is the No.l choice (选择). Milk is a great drink that can give you more calcium (钙) your body needs to grow strong bones (骨头).
Third, listen to your body. How do you feel when you are full? When you are eating, notice how your body feels and when your stomach (胃) feels comfortably full. Eating too much will not make you feel comfortable and make you fat.
  Fourth, limit (限制) screen time. Screen time is the time you watch TV, DVDs and videos, or using computers. It is good to take more exercise such as basketball, bike riding and swimming. You can't watch TV for more than two hours a day.
  Fifth, be active. One thing you'd like to do as a kid is to find out which activity you like best. Find ways to be active every day.
  Follow these rules and you can be a healthy kid.

Jim, a successful businessman, told the experience of his childhood.
   When he was 12, his parents died. He was alone and didn’t get on well with others. People always laughed at him. No one showed kindness to him.
His only friend was a dog named Tige. He gave his dog enough to eat and drink, but sometimes he was not polite to it. He didn’t know that an unkind work sometimes could cut one’s heart like a knife.
One day as he walked down the street, a young lady was walking in front of him. Suddenly one of her bags dropped from her arms. As she stopped to pick it up, she dropped other bags. He came to help her. “Thank you, dear! You are a nice little boy!” she said kindly, smiling.
A special feeling came to him. These were the first kind worlds he had ever heard. He watched her until she went far away, and then he whistled (吹口哨)to his dog and went directly to the river nearby.
“Thank you, dear! You are a nice little boy!” he repeated(重复) the woman’s words. Then in a low voice he said to his dog!” Tige raised its ears as if it understood.
“Uhum! Even a dog likes it!” he said, “Well, Tige, I won’t say unkind words to you any more.” Tige waved its tail happily.
The boy thought and thought. Finally he looked at himself in the river. He saw a clean nice boy. He was amazed. From then on, he had a new life.
After telling this, the businessman stopped for a while, and then he said, “Ladies and gentlemen, this is the very place where that kind woman planted in me the first seed(种子) of kindness. All of us should learn about kindness. What a great power(力量) it has!”

In Canada and the United States, people enjoy entertaining(请客) at home. They often invite friends over for a meal, a party, or just for conversation.
Here are the kinds of things people say when they invite someone to their home.
"Would you like to come over for dinner this Saturday night?"
"Hey, we're having a dinner on Friday. Can you come?"
To reply to an invitation, either say thank you and accept(接受), or say you' re sorry and give an excuse(托辞): "Thanks, I'd love to. What time would you like us to come?" or "Oh, sorry, I've tickets for a film."
Sometimes, however, people use expressions that sound like invitations but they are not real invitations, such as, &quotlease come over for a drink sometime." or "Why don't you come over and see us sometime?"
They are really polite ways of ending a conversation. They are not real invitations because they don't mention a nice time or date. They just show that the person is trying to be friendly. To reply to expressions like this, people just say: "Sure, that would be great!", "OK." or "Yes, thanks."

The mascot first appeared in the Olympic Games in 1972 in Munich. After that it played an important part in each Olympic Games. So it will be in the Beijing Olympic Games. The mascot for the 29th Olympic Games has been the subject of the discussions since Beijing won the right to hold it. There is a competition for mascots of the Beijing Olympic Games. So far Beijing has received more than 600 mascot designs(设计) from around the world. The result will come out in June next year.                The lovely panda, the Monkey King, the golden monkey and the red–crowned crane all have been chosen. But it’s difficult to decide because it should not only show the spirit of the Olympic Games, but also the Chinese culture(文化) as well. It should be welcomed by young and old, men and women. And it should have a market worth that can be easily used in different Olympic things, such as T-shirts, bags, cups, pens and so on. At the same time, it should also look good on TV, the Internet, mobile phones and anything else that has something to do with the Olympics.
          What will be the mascot of the 2008 Olympic Games? What’s your idea? Why not think about it?

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
选词填空专项训练
( 1 )
well , soft, second ,better , may , strongly, afraid, sand , stay up,  if, now, house

We can’t stop an earthquake(地震), but we can do things to make sure they don’t destroy(毁坏) whole cities. First, it is not a 1 .________  idea to build houses along lines where  2. ________ of the earth’s plates(板块) join together. Second, if you think there  3. ________ be an earthquake, it is better to build houses on rocks , not on  4. ________. Third, you must make the houses as  5. ________ as possible. Weak buildings will fall down in an earthquake, but strong ones may  6. ________ .  .
   Scientists are   7. ________  that one day an even bigger earthquake will hit the part around San Francisco(旧金山) . They call it “ The Big One ”. However, people today are still building more   8. ________  . The population in and around San Francisco is  9. ________  ten times more than it was in 1906. This means that  10. ________   there is another earthquake, a great many houses and buildings will be destroyed.

( 2 )
forget, bring,mend,beside,luck,pick,same,differently, I ,every , stop,each
     Mr. Brown had an umbrella shop in a small town. People sometimes 1 ________  him broken umbrellas, and then he took them to a big shop in London. They were  2 ________ there.
    One day Mr. Brown went to London by train. He 3 ________  to take an umbrella with him that day. Sitting in front of him was a man with an umbrella standing   4 _______ the seat. When the train arrived in London, Mr. Brown  5 ________  up the umbrella as he often did during his journey by train. Just as he was getting off, he was   6 ________  by the man. He said angrily, “That’s   7________   !” Mr. Brown’ s face turned red and he gave it back to the man at once.
    When Mr Brown got to the big shop, the shopkeeper had got his six umbrellas ready. After a good look at   8 ________  of them, he said, “You’ve mended them very well.”
    In the afternoon he got into the train again. The   9 ________  man was in the same seat. He looked at Mr Brown and his six umbrellas, “You’ve had a  10 ________ day,” he said.

( 3 )
not speak, call , idea, and, what, garden, hear , quiet , do ,eat , name, say
A farmer saw an old man growing something on the other side of the river.
The farmer  1. ________ out to him, “ What are you growing , Grandpa? ”
The old man  2 . ________ for a moment, then said, “Swim over 3.  ________ I’ll tell
you.”
The farmer didn’t like the   4. ________  of swimming across the river. But he wanted to know   5. ________  the old man was doing. He swam over. The old man said very   6. ________  in his ear, “ I’m planting peas in  my  7. ________ .”
“ You should have shouted. I would have  8. ________  quite clearly on that side.” Said the farmer.
“ Oh, no, I wouldn’t  9. ________ that . The sparrows would have heard me and   10. ________ my peas.”
( 4 )
telephone , for, lose, so, strong, clever, somebody, good, happy, outside, everybody, at
    Mrs Andrews had a young cat, and it was the cat’s first winter. One evening it was  1.________ when it began to snow heavily. Mrs Andrews looked  2. ________it everywhere and shouted its name, but she did not find it, 3. ________ she telephone the police and said, “ I have
4. ________ a small black cat. Has 5.  ________ found one? ”
“ No,madam, ” said the policeman at the other end, “ But cats are really very 6. ________ animals. They sometimes live for days in the snow, and when it melts (融化) or somebody finds them, they are quite 7. ________  .”
Mrs Andrews felt 8. ________ when she heard this. “ And ,” she said, “ Our cat is very  9. ________. She almost talks. ”
The policeman was getting tired, “Well then, ” he said “ Why don’t you put your

( 5 )  
tell, hear, listen to , guard, drum, much, fly , army,  with, other, way , instruction
   Here are some old ways to sending messages.
   An Egyptian(埃及人) put his ear to the ground. He 1 . ________ the horses coming this way. He ran to   2. ________ his people . He was a  3. ________ . That was one way for Egyptians to send messages.
People in  4.________ countries sent message, too. When enemies came, one man beat his drum. In the next village people heard the drum and beat their drums, too. The messages went from village to village by  5.________ .
Much 6. ________ , some armies (军队) kept many pigeons(鸽子) . These pigeons always 7. ________ back. When a soldier was sent far away from his own 8. ________ , he might take a pigeon along. He could tie a message to the bird’s leg. It would fly back 9.  ________   the soldier’s message.
These are shown ways to send messages. Can you think of more 10. ________?

( 6 )   
before, discover , fast, in, come, watch , so, fastly, it, ago , shine, not can
  Light travels at a speed(速度) which is about a million times 1 . ________ than that of sound.  2. ________ one second, light travels about 300,000 kilometers, but sound travels only 340 meters. You can get some idea of this difference by  3. ________  the start of a running match. If you stand far away from the starter(发令员), you can see smoke 4.________ from his gun 5.________ the sound reaches your ears.
The fast speed of light produces some strange facts. The nearest star is 6. ________ far away that light which you can see from it tonight started to travel to you  four years  7. ________ at a speed of nearly two million kilometers every minute. The light from some of tonight’s started on 8. ________ journey towards you even before you were born.
So, if we want to be honest(诚实), we 9.  ________ say , “ The stars are shining brightly tonight.”  We have to say, “ The stars look nice. They were 10. ________ four years ago but their light has just reached our earth. ”

( 7 )
happy, interest, problem, never, get away, eye, run , tire, have, miss ,catch, think
A man was sitting in the doctor’s office. He was telling the doctor about his 1 . ________ .
“I like football, Doctor.” He said, “ Please help me. My life has 2. ________ been a good one since I became 3. ________ in football and  it is getting worse and worse. I can’t even 4.________ from it in my sleep. When I close my 5.________, I’m out there in the football field and 6. ________  after a flying ball. When I wake up, I’m more 7. ________than I was before I went to bed. What am I going to do?  ”
The doctor sat back and said,  “ First of all, you 8. ________ to do your best not to dream(做梦) about football. Before you fall asleep, try to 9.  ________about something else. Try to think that you are at a party and someone is going to give you several million dollars.”
“ Are you crazy (疯了) ?”  the man shouted,  “ I’ll 10. ________ the ball !”

( 8 )
other, move, enough, find ,desert, make, use , another, friend , carry , trouble, friend
You may think there is nothing but sand in the desert of the world, but it is not true. In the desert we can 1._______ stones. We can see hills, too. There is a little rain in the 2.________, but it is not 3. ______ for most plants.
The animals are  4. _______ to the desert people in many ways. The desert people eat the meat and drink the milk of the animals. They use their skins to 5. ________ shoes, water bags and even tents(帐篷). They use the camels(骆驼) for 6. _______ things.
The people of the desert have to keep 7. _______ from places to place. They must always look for grass or desert plants for their animals. They usually live in the tents. When there is mo more food for their animals, they take down their tents, put them on the camels and move to 8. _______ place. The desert people are very 9.  _______. No man in the desert would ever refuse to help the people in  10._______ and give them food and water.

( 9 )
how, they ,winter, summer  spend, care , dance , take, show , open , only, good
The world of the out-of doors is full of secrets. And 1. ________ are so interesting  that quite a lot of people are busy studying them. All around us are birds, animals, trees and flowers. The facts about 2.________ they live and grow are as interesting as anything could be.
Do you know that one of the great presidents of the United States 3 ________ hours and hours studying birds? A businessman who lives near New York City became so interested in insects(昆虫) that he began to collect them. He now has more than one thousand different kinds 4. ________ kept in the glass boxes.
Come then with me, and I will help you find some of Nature’s secrets. Let us go quietly through the woods and fields. Here we shall find how a rabbit tells the other rabbits that there is danger. We shall follow a mother bear and her young ones as they search for food and get ready for 5. ________ sleep. We shall watch bees 6. ________ in the air to let other bees know where they can find food. I will 7.________ you many other interesting things, but the 8. ________ thing that I can teach you is to keep your eyes and ears 9.________ when you go out of doors. Nature tells her secrets 10.________ to people who look and listen carefully.

( 10 )
two, sudden , cold, teach, in surprise, French, hot, beard, photo, office, passport, China
Mr Hill arrives at London Airport, at the end of a three-week holiday in 1. ________. Usually he wears a beard(蓄着胡须). Since it has been 2.________ there, he has taken it off (剃掉). But his passport photo shows him with his 3. ________.
An officer looks at the 4. ________for a moment, and says,"Will you excuse me? Please sit down. I shan't keep you long." With this, he walks away, shows the photo to a second 5.________, and says: "I know that face." The second officer looks at the  6. ________ and asks where Mr Hill has come from. When he hears that Mr Hill has arrived back from Paris, the 7.________ officer smiles and says: "An Englishman with a beard stole a painting in Paris on Friday, And that man looks just the kind of man..."
8.________ it comes to the first officer who Mr Hill is. He returns to him, and asks: "Did you
9. ________ at the No.2. High School?" When Mr Hill answers, 10. ________, that he did, the first officer smiles and says: "I thought so. I'm Jack Smith. You taught me French. You haven't changed a bit."
( 11 )
how, much, safe, thank, play , be, invent , no, so , interest, must , ask
Thomas Edison was a great American 1.________  . When he was a child, he was always   2.________  questions and trying out new ideas. No matter  3.________  hard it was, he never gave up.
Young Tom was in school for only three months. His teacher didn’t understand why he had  4.________  many strange questions. Most of them were not about his lessons. The teacher didn’t want to teach Tom any 5.________ . He asked Tom’s mother to take the boy home. Tom’s mother taught him to read and write, and she found him  6.________  a very good pupil. He learnt very fast and became very  7.________ in science.
One day , he saw a little boy   8.________ on the railway tracks at a station. A train was coming near quiclly, and the boy was too frightened to move. Edison rushed out and carried the boy to  9 .________. The boy’s father was so  10.________  that  he taught Edison to send messages by telegraph.
( 12 )
as, sleep ,dream, like, again, about, think, must, wake up, quick, much ,why
"Dreams (梦 ) may be more important than sleep. We all need to dream," some scientists say.
Dreams take up about one quarter of our 1 .________ time. People have several
2. ________each night. Dreams are like short films. They are usually in colour. Some dreams are 3. ________ old films. They come to us over and over 4. ________. That may be because the dreamer is worrying about something. Dreaming may be a way of trying to find an answer.
Some people get new ideas 5. ________ their work from dreams. They may have been 6. ________ about their work all day. These thoughts can carry over into dreams.
Sometimes we 7. ________ with a good feeling from a dream. But often we can't remember the dream. Dreams can disappear (消失) 8. ________ from memory (记忆).
Too much dreaming can be harmful (有害的). The 9. ________ we sleep, the longer we dream. The mind is hard at work when we dream. That is 10. ________ we may have a long sleep and still wake up tired.  

( 13 )
see, looked for, hunt , dog ,kill , wolf ,die, tear , remind , back , hunt , his, remember
More than seven hundred years ago, the Prince of Wales had a very big and brave dog called Gelert.
One day the Prince wanted to go 1. ________ with his men. He told his 2. ________ to stay at home and look after his baby son. The baby was in a wooden cradle (摇篮), which was like a small bed.
When the Prince came back from hunting, Gelert ran out to meet his master. He wagged his tail and jumped up to put his paws (前爪)on the Prince's chest. Then the Prince saw the blood on Gelert's jaws and head.
"What have you done?" the Prince said. He rushed into his house and 3. ________his baby son. The cradle was lying on its side on the floor. The clothes were torn and there was blood on them.
"So you have killed my son?" the Prince said angrily. "You unfaithful dog!" He took out his sword(剑) and  4. ________ the dog. Just as Gelert was  5. ________  , he managed to bark. Then the Prince heard a baby call to the dog.
The Prince ran out of the house and saw his son lying on the ground unhurt. Near him was a dead  6. ________. Then the Prince knew that Gelert had defended(保卫) the baby and killed the wolf.
The Prince ran  7. ________ into the house but he was too late. Gelert was dead. The Prince was very sad indeed. 8. ________ ran down his face when he realized 'he had killed 9. ________faithful friend. The Prince carried the body of his brave dog to the top of a mountain and buried him there. After this, the Prince never smiled again. Every morning at dawn, he walked up the mountain and stood by the dog's grave for a few minutes.
If you go to Mount Snowdon in Wales, people will show you where Gelert is buried. There is a sign by his grave. It  10. ________people of a brave and faithful dog.

( 14 )
and ,receive , satellite , weather , change ,help, or , early , for, when, forecast , star
Satellites Forecast the Weather
Now satellites are helping to forecast (预报) the weather. They are in space, and they can reach any part of the world. The 1.________ take pictures of the atmosphere (大气), because this is where the weather forms (形成). They send these pictures to the 2. ________ station. So the scientists there can see the weather of any part of the world and tell how the weather will change.
Today, nearly five hundred weather stations in sixty countries can  3. ________ satellite pictures. 4. ________they receive the new pictures, they compare (比较) them with the earlier ones. Perhaps they may find that the clouds have  5. ________ during the last few hours. This may mean that the weather on the ground may soon change, too. In their next weather 6. ________, they can tell people about it. So the weather satellites are of a great  7. ________ to the scientists at the station. In the past they could forecast the weather for about 24 or 48 hours  8. ________. Now they can make good forecasts for three  9 ________ five days. Soon, perhaps, they may be able to forecast the weather  10. ________ a week or more ahead.

( 15 )
have, study , happy ,leave, coffee, message, on , must , next ,arrive, go , she
Catherine was a famous writer of children's stories. She lived in a fine old house in a small town near London. Often she worked at home, in her quiet 1.________.Long before her books became popular, she had tried to teach 2         how to use a computer. And now she typed(打字)all her stories on her computer. But sometimes she had to 3        the house to get some books from the library or have a meeting. She didn't like being away because she was worried about burglar(盗贼).So she was very careful. Just before leaving, she always put a full cup of coffee on the writing desk, and left the radio playing to make a burglar think someone  4        be at home.
One day she came back after a day out, and found that there was something different in her house. There  was only a little 5.         lift in the cup, and the radio was off. But when she looked at her computer, she saw it was 6.         , and someone had typed in a new story. She had no idea who had got in, or how, because none of the doors or windows was broken. Then she sat down to read the story. To her surprise, it was a very good one. "I'll use it in my 7.        book!" she said 8         .
The next month she had to go to London. She put a cup of coffee and a plate of sandwiches on the desk. When she returned, the coffee and the sandwiches had 9.         .She ran to the computer. This time there was only a 10.         on the screen(屏幕)."IT'S NOT YOUR STORY.IT'S MINE!" it said.

( 16 )
     try,  how,  what,  if,  can, wonderful , much,  shop,  glass , read, down, put
Tom lived a way from town. One day he went into town to buy something in the shop, and after he bought  1. ________ he wanted, he went into a restaurant and sat  2 .  ________  at the table. When he looked round, he saw some old people  3.   ________ eyeglasses on before 4. ________ their books, so after lunch he went to a shop to buy 5. ________, too. He walked along the road, and soon found a 6. ________.
The man in the shop made him 7. ________ on a lot of glasses, but each time Tom said, “ No, I can’t read with these. ”
The man became 8 . ________ and more puzzled (困惑) . At last he said,  “ Excuse me, but 9. ________ you read at all?”
“ No, I can’t! ” Tom said,  “10. ________ I can read, do you think I will come here to buy glasses? ”

( 17 )
        well, brother, on , ago , I , for , make , needn’t , as , because , much, before  
In my spare time, I paint designs on T-shirts. I got the idea two years   1         for my 2          birthday present. The shop wanted $ 20 for a special design  3        a T-shirt, so I decided to do it  4         . I bought a white cotton T-shirt    5         $6 and some paints, and I painted a lion on the front. My brother loved it!
Painting T-shirts is great fun. You  6         be a great artist, you can just paint shapes and lines. The T-shirts are the   7         expensive part of my hobby. Also you have to use special fabric paints and you need to buy good quality brushes.
I love my hobby  8         I can make T-shirts that no-one else has. I give a lot of them away    9         presents to my family and friends. Sometimes, I sell them. Since I started, I’ve    10         about 60 T-shirts and each one is different.   

( 18 )
what, leave, ask, in, driver, something, inside , number , bring, me, how
A: Good morning, madam. May I help you?
B: Yes, I’m afraid I  1         my handbag on the taxi this morning!
A: What’s  2         the handbag?
B: About 5000 yuan.
A: 3         else?
B: Yes, my ID card, I think.
A: By the way, have you  4          for the taxi ticket?
B: Yes, the ticket 5         is 3456789.
A: Well, I’ll help you to call the taxi  6         . ( Knocking at the door)
B: Come in, please.
A: Good morning, sir. I found this handbag on my taxi and I  7         it here. There’s much money  8        .
B: Thank you very much. (turning to the woman). Is this your handbag?
A: Yes, it’s  9         . Thank goodness!  10           a kind man! Thank you.

( 19 )
eat,  around ,  be ,  of , amuse , difficult,  different , probable,   gift,  but, and,  other,
Have you ever  been  to Disneyland? For most of the kids 1           the world, this  2       park is a fantastic place for them to have fun. When we  3         young, we all have heard  4         Mickey Mouse, Sleeping beauty, Snow White and many Disney characters. Some of us   5            have seen them in cartoons. Actually, you can go to see them all in a theme park. Now, there are four  6           Disneyland amusement parks all over the world. Two are in the United States, one is in Tokyo, and the   7         is in France. There are not only some amusement attractions there ,  8         also many specials  with      
Disney characters. In Disneyland, you can have a lot of fun watching Disney movies,  9         in Disney restaurants, and buying Disney  10         .

( 20 )
choose, across , never, thirst,  need,  time, play, on, exercises, photo, through  difference
Do you want to be healthier? Then go  1           the passage, and you may find it’s easy to keep fit.
1)        Eat all kinds of foods, especially fruits and vegetables.
You may have a favourite kind of food, but the best   2          is to eat as many kinds as possible. If you eat   3          foods, you’re more likely to get the nutrients your body needs . Taste new foods that you  4          tried before. Some foods, such as green vegetables, are very important. Have five servings(份) of fruits and three vegetables.
2)        Drink water and milk often.
When you are really  5         , cold water is the No. 1 choice. Kids need calcium(钙) to grow strong, and milk is a great source of this mineral (矿物质) . How much do children  6       ? About three glasses of milk every day.
3)  Limit screen time.
What’s screen time? It’s the  7         for watching TV, DVDs, and videos, 8         
computer games, and using the computer. If you spend much time  9         these activities, you may have less time left to take  10           ,  such as playing basketball, bicycling, and swimming.

( 21 )
think, find, drink ,dinner, bright, around , hear , scare,  interesting, animal, sleep , darkness      
I went on a camping trip in the mountains with my classmate. After hiking all day, we  1            
A good place to camp for the whole night. We make a campfire so that we can cook our  2        . We  roasted some hot dogs and potatoes and  3          some lemonade. When it got    4         , we told ghost stories by sitting  5         the campfire.
Later when we lay down to go to   6         , we listened to the sounds of crickets(蟋蟀) and some   7         moving around in the grass. We  8         there were some ghosts nearby. “ What?” we asked. “ I think I hear someone walking in the woods. ” Kathy said. Soon we all   9            footsteps and we were all so  10          that we couldn’t go to sleep.
Of course, there was no one there, but we have very active imagination(想象).

( 22 )
careful ,enjoy, where , see, idea, go ,take, sunny, make, with, problem, morning
A: What are you going to do next weekend?
B: I have no   1         . What about you?
A: I don’t know. Do you want to do something  2          me?
B: Sure. What do you want to do?
A: How about  3         fishing on Saturday?
B: OK.  4         are we going to meet?
A: Let’s meet at my house. My father has a boat.  He can   5         us fishing on the lake.
B: What time shall we leave?
A: Let’s leave at 5: 30 in the   6         . Fishing is good at that time.
B: So early? Can we   7         it a little later?
A: Well, no   8         . What about 6:00?
B: Great. We are sure to   9         ourselves.  10         you at 6:00 on Saturday morning.
A: OK. Bye!            
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:37:00 | 显示全部楼层
初三英语中考专题复习
第一节        冠词  名词

(   ) 1. It takes us _________ hour or more to go to my home town by _________ train.
       A. an; a           B. a; an           C. an; /           D. a; /
(   ) 2. –In which class is _________ boy in white?    --He’s in Class 4.
       A. the             B. an             C. an             D. /
(   ) 3. –By the way, have you got _________ E-mail address?
       --Oh yes, it’s rggren@ hotmail. com.
       A. the             B. an             C. a              D. /
(   ) 4. Have you seen such big ________?
       A. a tomato        B. tomato         C. tomatoes        D. tomatos
(   ) 5. Several _________ are talking under the tree. And their ________ are swimming in the lake.
       A. woman; children  B. woman; child   C. women; children D. women; child
(   ) 6. –What would you like,Madam?
–I’d like ________, please.
       A. two bottles of orange                B. two bottles of oranges
C. two bottle of oranges                D. two bottle of orange
(   ) 7. The little baby has two ________ already.
       A. tooth            B. tooths          C. teeth          D. teeths
(   ) 8. –Which _________ of Shanghai do you come from?
       --Let me show you on the map.
       A. city             B. village          C. country        D. part
(   ) 9. “What _________ do you like best?”      “Football.”
       A. food             B. subject         C. sport          D. music
(   ) 10. About _________ films were shown during the 5th Shanghai International Film  Festival.
       A. two hundred of    B. two hundreds of C. two hundred    D. two hundreds
(   ) 11. This is an old photo of mine when I ________.
       A. have short hairs   B. had short hairs   C. have short hair D. had short hair
(   ) 12. More college graduates would like to work in ________ west part of our country ________ next year.
        A. the; the         B. /; /              C. /; the          D. the; /
(   ) 13. Can you see _________ sun in the day-time?
        A. a               B. the             C. an            D. /   
(   ) 14. The singer usually sings while playing ________ guitar.
        A. a               B. an              C. the           D. /
(   ) 15. I’ve got information for all the computers now.
(   ) 16. It would be ________ waste of money to buy such a small dictionary.
(   ) 17. ________ good news we’re got!
        A. What a          B. How a          C. What          D. How
(   ) 18. Because of the unhealthy diet, many people in Africa die at _______ early age from terrible illnesses.
        A. the            B. /             C. a             D. an
(   ) 19. –How soon shall we start the bicycle trip?        -- _________.
        A. In five day’s time                B. In five days’ time
C. In five days time                 D. For five days
(   ) 20. I don’t think men and women are equal in _________ countryside at present.
(   ) 21. There’s _________ umbrella behind the door.
(   ) 22. ________ went to Japan yesterday.
        A. The White’s    B. The Whites    C. The White     D. The White family
(   ) 23. John Smith works in ________ big hospital in Hangzhou.
(   ) 24. Look, five _________ are feeding on the hill.
        A. sheeps         B. sheep         C. sheeps         D. the sheep
(   ) 25. Several years later, John’s aunt made ________ second trip to China.
        A. the            B. one           C. a             D. an
(   ) 26. –You needn’t wait for Tom any longer. He must be having supper at ________.
        A. the Tell’s       B. the Tells’      C. the Tells        D. Tells
(   ) 27. This tree has green ________ throughout the year.
        A. leaf            B. leafs          C. leave          D. leaves
(   ) 28. At the age of eight, Mary joined a group of ________.
        A. children dancers  B. child dancers  C. child dancer   D. children’s dancers
(   ) 29. –Mary, it’s going to rain. Better take ________ raincoat with you.
        --Well, but I can’t find ________ raincoat I put yesterday.
A. a; a            B. a; the          C. the; a         D. the; the
(   ) 30. In western countries, ________ are thrown away each day.
        A. mountains of rubbish              B. mountains of rubbishes
C. a lot of rubbish                   D. a lot of rubbishes
(   ) 31. He is trying to explain how ________ began on the earth.
        A. life             B. lives          C. the life         D. a life
(   ) 32. Look, the police ________ coming.
        A. is              B. were          C. are            D. was
(   ) 33. Writing compositions in English is not ________.
        A. easy job         B. an easy work   C. an easy job     D. the easy work
(   ) 34. China was the earliest ________ center for ________.
        A. research’s; agriculture             B. research; agriculture
C. research’s; agricultures            D. researches; agricultures

初三英语中考专题复习
第二节        代词 数词
(   ) 1. Students are usually interested in sports. Some like running, some like swimming, _______ like ball games.
       A. the others        B. others         C. the other        D. other
(   ) 2. _______ of the two girls is from Beijing.
       A. All              B. Both          C. None           D. Neither
(   ) 3. The weather in summer here is like _______ in Beijing.
       A. this             B. that           C. it              D. its
(   ) 4. The room on the right is _______.
       A. her             B. she            C. Lucy’s          D. Lucy
(   ) 5. Where are the students? Are they in _______?
       A. the Room 406     B. Room 406      C. the 406 Room   D. 406 Room
(   ) 6. There are ________ people in the factory now.
       A. thousand of       B. two thousands  C. thousands of   D. thousand
(   ) 7. The man over there is my brother. _______ is a doctor.
       A. She              B. He            C. Hers          D. His
(   ) 8. I have two cats. One is black, and _______ is white.
       A. another          B. some           C. other         D. the other
(   ) 9. I’m looking for a babysister (保姆). She must be ________ too old ________ too young.
       A. neither; nor       B. both; and      C. either; or       D. not only; but also
(   ) 10. –What’s in your car?      -- _______.
       A. No one           B. Nothing        C. Nobody        D. None
(   ) 11. There are quite a few old books on the shelf, but _______ of them is useful to him.
       A. both             B. all             C. neither        D. none
(   ) 12. –I’ve had enough bread. Would you like ________?     --No, thanks.
       A. a few more        B. one more       C. another more   D. some more
(   ) 13. The film star is going to spend ________ dollars on a new dress for the coming party.
       A. three thousands    B. thousands of    C. thousand of    D. three thousands of
(   ) 14. –Did Eric buy any vegetables in the market?   
-- No, he didn’t, but he thought _______ fish.
A. no               B. any            C. some         D. both
(   ) 15. It is said that SARS has killed more than ________ people worldwide.
        A. three hundreds    B. three hundreds’  C. three hundred’s D. three hundred
(   ) 16. If you want a ticket for a round-trip, sir, you’ll have to pay ________ $8o.
        A. another          B. other           C. each          D. more
(   ) 17. The place is not interesting at all. ________ of us wants to go there.
A. Neither          B. Both            C. All           D. Some
(   ) 18. Both of the two rulers are broken. I want to buy a ________one.
        A. three            B. third            C. forth         D. /
(   ) 19. I heard the sports meeting has been put off until _______, hasn’t it?
        A. the 3 and 4      B. the 3th and 4th    C. the 3 rd and 4th   D. four and five
(   ) 20. _______ of the earth _______ made up of oceans.
        A. Two-third; is    B. Two-thirds; is     C. Two-third; are   D. Two-thirds; are
(   ) 21. Most of us don’t know _______ about how life is formed.
        A. many          B. little             C. few            D. much
(   ) 22. –Is this short-wave radio _______?    --No. it belongs to _______.
        A. yours; me       B. yours; his         C. her; him       D. yours; her
(   ) 23. –Have you got any books on music? I want to borrow _______.
        --Yes. You can find them on the top shelf of the second bookcase.
        A. it              B. any              C. one            D. them
(   ) 24. –Have you read the paper?
        --Yes, but I don’t think there’s _______ new in it.
        A. something       B. nothing          C. anything       D. everything
(   ) 25. Since 1964, _______ satellites have been sent into space.
        A. dozens of        B. four dozens       C. dozen of       D. several dozens
(   ) 26. _______ of the two boys are clever enough to work out the problem.
        A. Either          B. Both             C. Some          D. Many
(   ) 27. –Who has been to Hawaii?     -- _______ has.
        A. No one          B. I                C. All of us        D. None
(   ) 28. Jack Booth is a _______ man.
        A. 21-years-old     B. 21 years old       C. 21-year-old     D. 21 year old
(   ) 29. I’ve lived here for about _______.
        A. two and a half year                   B. two and a half years
C. two year and a half                   D. two years and half
(   ) 30. The book on the desk is newer than _______ in the desk.
        A. the one          B. that             C. the ones        D. those
(   ) 31. In our class, _______ has a dictionary.
        A. all of us          B. each of us        C. some of us      D. every of us

初三英语中考专题复习
第三节 介  词
(   ) 1. China lies _______ the east of Asia and ______ the north of Australia.
       A. to; to          B. in; to         C. to; in         D. in; on
(   ) 2. ______ the afternoon of March 8, the women in the city had a big party.
       A. To            B. In            C. At           D. On
(   ) 3. We all agree _______ you. Let’s start at once.
       A. to             B. for           C. with         D. on
(   ) 4. Where’s Lily? We are all here _______ her.
       A. besides        B. about         C. except        D. with
(   ) 5. Does your father go to work, _______ foot or _______ bike?
       A. on; with       B. with; on       C. by; on        D. on; by
(   ) 6. Lucy was _______ duty yesterday, but she forgot to clean the classroom.
       A. in             B. on            C. at           D. of
(   ) 7. Timmy goes to school _______ every day. It’s 5 minutes’ walk from his home to school.
       A. in a bus        B. by plane       C. on foot       D. by boat
(   ) 8. Mum, today is Mother’s Day. Mike and I want to invite you to have dinner _______ us at Shanghai Restaurant, which is famous _______ its seafood.
       A. with; of        B. with; for       C. for; to       D. to; for
(   ) 9. He has got a chair to sit _______, but nobody to talk _______.
       A. on; to          B. /; with         C. on; /         D. /; to
(   ) 10. Jack has studied Chinese in this school _______ the year of 2000.
       A. since          B. in             C. on           D. by
(   ) 11. –How are you going to the train station to meet your aunt?
        --I’m going there _______ my car.
A. by            B. in             C. to            D. on
(   ) 12. Andy often helps her mother ________ the housework on Sunday afternoon.
       A. to             B. with          C. for           D. of
(   ) 13. –You’d better not go out now. it’s raining.
        --It doesn’t matter. My new coat can keep _______ rain.
A. in             B. of             C. with          D. off
(   ) 14. English is widely used ________ travelers and business people all over the world.
       A. to             B. for            C. as            D. by
(   ) 15. My sister usually thinks _______ her own language first. Then she turns her words into English.
       A. by             B. in             C. with          D. through
(   ) 16. –It’s kind _______ you to come to see me.
        --It’s a pleasure. You were so kind _______ me.
       A. of; with        B. for; with        C. of; to         D. for; to
(   ) 17. –Is the manager in?
     --Sorry, he is out. But he will be back _______ three o’clock.
       A. in             B. on             C. until          D. before
(   ) 18. _______ the age of fifteen, she had written scores of articles for a newspaper.
       A. At            B. Before          C. Since          D. By
(   ) 19. In China, the price of TV sets has been reduced ________ 30% in the last three years.
       A. on            B. by             C. with           D. for
(   ) 20. When you called on me, I was _______ a visit to Mr Smith.
       A. on            B. at              C. in             D. to
(   ) 21. –Bob, you are wanted _______ the phone.        –Thanks a lot.
       A. on            B. by             C. of              D. for
(   ) 22. The soil is made _______ the dead leaves of the trees.
       A. up of          B. of              C. from           D. by
(   ) 23. I didn’t have any breakfast _______ a cup of milk.
       A. besides        B. except for       C. except          D. for
(   ) 24. We’re sure you’ll be famous _______ a writer before long.
       A. as            B. for             C. with            D. by
(   ) 25. The writer often sat up far into the night working _______ a new novel.
       A. for           B. on              C. with            D. in
(   ) 26. You look tired. ________ working indoors you should be out for a walk.
       A. Ahead of      B. Instead of       C. In front of       D. In spite of
(   ) 27. You must stand _______ line when you are waiting _______ a bus.
       A. on; in         B. in; for          C. in; on           D. on; for
(   ) 28. Man landed on the moon in 1969 for the first time. Have you ever heard ______ it?
       A. on            B. to              C. of              D. from
(   ) 29. It’s very nice ______ you to get me two tickets _______ the World Cup.
       A. for; of         B. of; for          C. to; for           D. of; to
(   ) 30. The woman feels worried _______ her sick baby.
       A. for            B. to              C. on              D. about
(   ) 31. –What do you think of the report on the UFOs?
        --Great! Many students were interested in it and they kept on standing ______ the end of the meeting.
       A. until           B. in              C. at              D. by
(   ) 32. Have you got any books _______ science?
       A. at              B. about           C. of             D. in
(   ) 33. She likes reading _______ many different subjects.
       A. of              B. at              C. on             D. in
(   ) 34. Mr Wang is very strict. His students are afraid _______ him.
       A. at              B. of              C. about          D. to
(   ) 35. This story happened _______ the last few years.
       A. at              B. since            C. during         D. for
(   ) 36. We should do something to stop sandstorms ______ happening again and again.
       A. from            B. on              C. by            D. to
(   ) 37. China became a WTO member _______ December 11th , 2001.
       A. on              B. in               C. at            D. of
(   ) 38. There’s a smile on her face. I think she’s _______ my work.
       A. sorry for        B. worried about     C. pleased with   D. afraid of
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-18 08:37:00 | 显示全部楼层
初三英语中考专题复习
第四节   连词
(   ) 1. –I won’t go to the party tomorrow.
       --________ you told me you would. What’s happening?
        A. But          B. So          C. And          D. Or
(   ) 2. Mike did something wrong, _______ the headmaster is talking with him.
        A. so           B. but         C. and           D. or
(   ) 3. Jim has been in the factory for two years _______ he left school.
        A. when        B. since        C. as soon as      D. whether
(   ) 4. Mike is good at playing basketball _______ Bruce does well in football.
        A. when        B. until        C. since          D. while
(   ) 5. –Excuse me. Do you have a table for two?
       --I’m sorry, ______ there aren’t any seats now. Would you mind waiting for a while?
        A. but          B. and         C. or            D. so
(   ) 6. You’d better do it _______ your mother did.
        A. when        B. as           C. like           D. because
(   ) 7. Stop cutting trees, _______ the earth will become worse and worse.
        A. and          B. but         C. or             D. then
(   ) 8. Do you want to stay at home _______ go shopping with us?
        A. and          B. but         C. or             D. so
(   ) 9. He was riding to school _______ he was hit by a car this morning.
        A. while        B. when        C. as             D. so
(   ) 10. The war was over about three months ago, _______ the American soldiers in Iraq are still having a lot of trouble to deal with.
        A. or           B. and         C. but            D. for
(   ) 11. The mountain was _______ steep _______ few people in our city reached the top.
        A. so; as        B. so; that      C. as; as          D. too; to
(   ) 12. Mr Brown knows little Japanese, _______ he can’t understand the instructions on the bottle of the pills.
        A. so           B. or           C. but            D. for
(   ) 13. It’s raining outside. Put on more clothes, _______ you may catch a cold.
        A. and          B. but          C. or            D. though
(   ) 14. –What is writing brush, do you know?   --It’s used _______ writing and drawing.
        A. with          B. to           C. for           D. by
(   ) 15. _______ my mother ________ my sister watches football games these days.
        A. Either; nor    B. Both; and    C. Neither; nor    D. Neither; or
(   ) 16. Mr Smith is an English teacher _______ will teach us English next term.
        A. or            B. and          C. but           D. so
(   ) 17. I may live _______ in a hotel _______ in a friend’s house.
        A. both; and      B. either; or     C. neither; nor    D. between; and
(   ) 18. I’m sorry, _______ I can’t help you with your homework.
        A. and           B. but          C. or             D. then
(   ) 19. This coat will not lose colour ________ it’s washed.
        A. until          B. till           C. before         D. after
(   ) 20. I think we should get this computer, _______ it will take up more space.
        A. but           B. although         C. and           D. so
(   ) 21. Stop smoking, _______ you will get better soon.
        A. and           B. or               C. that          D. after
(   ) 22. Gray didn’t recognize his old classmate ________ he was told her name.
        A. when          B. unless           C. so            D. until
(   ) 23. I was about to leave the office _______ the telephone rang.
        A. when          B. after            C. before         D. while
(   ) 24. A lot of new buildings have been put up in our university. It is no longer the same _______ it used to be.
        A. like what       B. that             C. as            D. what
(   ) 25. He is a scientist, ________ a singer as well.
        A. but            B. nor             C. or            D. and
(   ) 26. John fell asleep ________ he was listening to the music.
        A. after           B. before          C. while          D. as soon as
(   ) 27. ________ our football team failed in the match, we did our best.
        A. Though         B. But            C. Because        D. As
(   ) 28. We bought Mary a present, _______ she didn’t like it.
        A. and            B. but             C. or             D. so
(   ) 29. It was very late, _______ the students still went on repairing their desks and chairs.
        A. and            B. or              C. so             D. but
(   ) 30. _______ China isn’t rich now, _______ we’re working hard to make her richer and richer.
        A. Though; but     B. Though; /       C. Both; and       D. Because; so
(   ) 31. –You’d better remember what I said yesterday, _______ others will laugh at you.
        --Sure. I’ll do it _______ you told me.
A. or; as           B. and; as          C. or; after        D. and; after
(   ) 32. Though we students have _______ money _______ time, we try out best to help them.
        A. both; and       B. neither; nor      C. either; or        D. not; but
(   ) 33. I won’t believe you _______ I see it with my own eyes.
        A. if              B. when            C. until            D. while
(   ) 34. I must finish the work _______ I go home.
        A. before          B. when            C. until            D. if

初三英语中考专题复习
第五节  形容词
(   ) 1. Let’s go and have a drink. We’ve got ________ time before the train leaves.
       A. little           B. few            C. a little          D. a few
(   ) 2. The ______ you eat, the better your health will be.
       A. little           B. few            C. less             D. fewer
(   ) 3. They have just cleaned the windows, so the room looks _______.
       A. more brighter   B. more bright     C. less bright       D. much brighter
(   ) 4. Which is the _______, the train station, the bus station or the airport?
       A. far             B. farthest        C. father           D. more far
(   ) 5. Now the air in our home town is ________ than it was before. Something must be done.
       A. much better     B. more worse     C. more better      D. much worse
(   ) 6. I was feeling tired last night, so I went to bed _______ than usual.
       A. early           B. earlier          C. late            D. later
(   ) 7. Either of them can take this job, but what I’m interested in is who is _______.
       A. the most careful  B. more careful    C. careful          D. even careful
(   ) 8. In our city, it’s _______ in July, but it is even _______ in August.
       A. hotter; hottest    B. hot; hot        C. hotter; hot       D. hot; hotter
(   ) 9. I think Yao Ming, the famous basketball player, will be ______ new star in NBA.
       A. hot             B. hotter          C. hottest          D. the hottest
(   ) 10. Of the two Australian students, Masha is _______ one. I think you can find her easily.
       A. tallest           B. the taller       C. taller            D. the tallest
(   ) 11. It’s good for your health to do _______ sports.
       A. much           B. least           C. more            D. most
(   ) 12. –Our holiday was _______.      –Yes. I’ve never had _______.
       A. such; a better one                   B. greatly; a good one
C. so great; a better one                D. very good; the best one
(   ) 13. –Mum, could you buy me a dress like this?
        --Certainly, we can buy _______ one than this, but ________ this.
       A. a better; better than                 B. a worse; as good as
C. a cheaper; as good as                D. a more important; not as good as
(   ) 14. –Why don’t you ask Tom to do it?
        --I don’t know whether he is ______ to. He sometimes makes things worse.
       A. possible          B. able           C. afraid           D. easy
(   ) 15. Lots of visitors come to Nanjing because she is ______ city.
A. so a beautiful     B. very a beautiful  C. such beautiful a  D. quite a beautiful
(   ) 16. If you like the chicken, you may have as _______ as you can.
A. much            B. many          C. more            D. little
(   ) 17. The Changjiang River is one of _______ rivers in the world.
A. long             B. longer          C. longest          D. the longest
(   ) 18. ______ children there are in a family, _______ their life will be.
A.        The less; the better B. The fewer; the better C. Fewer; richer D. More; poorer
(   ) 19. The boy is _______ young to carry the box. Let’s go and help him.
        A. too           B. so            C. very          D. quite
(   ) 20. The coat I bought last week is too big for me. I’d like to change it for a _____ one.
        A. small         B. large         C. nicer          D. smaller
(   ) 21. 30,000 dollars is a large amount of money, but it’s ______ than we need.
A. far more       B. very much    C. far less        D. very little
(   ) 22. China has _______ population in the world.
       A. bigger         B. larger        C. the biggest     D. the largest
(   ) 23. Lucy’s handwriting is good, but Rose’s handwriting is much ______.
A. good           B. best         C. better         D. the best
(   ) 24. The day is bright and ______. Let’s go for a walk.
A. sunny          B. dark         C. cloudy        D. windy
(   ) 25. As a result, _______  people like to travel by air than before.
A. much more     B. many more    C. more much    D. more many
(   ) 26. Why not make a kite yourself? You don’t need _______ for it.
A.        anything special B. something special C. special anything D. special something
(   ) 27. This computer is as good as a new one but _______ expensive.
A. much less       B. more less     C. more much    D. much more
(   ) 28. The young scientist decided to work _______ in the _______ forest.
A. lonely; alone    B. alone; lonely   C. alone; alone   D. lonely; lonely
(   ) 29. _______ you eat butter, cream and chocolate, _______ you will become.
A. The more; the thinner            B. The less; the fatter
C. More; fatter                    D. The more; the fatter
(   ) 30. The old man next door was found _______ in the living room. Maybe he died from a heart attack.
       A. dead           B. die          C. dying         D. death
(   ) 31. I paid a visit to Mrs Smith yesterday evening. She didn’t look _______, but she said she was getting on all right.
       A. as worried as ever              B. as happy as usual
C. happier than                 D. as happily as usual
(   ) 32. The ______ boy had been sent to hospital before his mother got back home.
        A. ill            B. dangerous    C. sick          D. sleeping
(   ) 33. She is ______ she can not reach the top of the blackboard.
        A. such a tall person that         B. much shorter than
C. as short that                 D. so short that
(   ) 34. Try to make as _______ mistakes as possible.
        A. less           B. little        C. few           D. a few

初三英语中考专题复习
第六节  副词
(   ) 1. They young man is _______ carry that heavy bag.
       A. strong enough to  B. enough strong to  C. not strong enough  D. strong enough
(   ) 2. Yang won the women’s 500 meters in the sports meeting. She did _______ of all.
       A. best             B. better           C. well              D. good
(   ) 3. –It’s so cold today.        –Yes, it’s _______ colder than it was yesterday.
       A. some            B. more            C. very             D. much
(   ) 4. --_____ did it _____ the conductor to check the tickets this morning. --Half an hour.
       A. How soon; take   B. How long; cost   C. Hoe often; spent   D. How long; take
(   ) 5. –Excuse me, _______ is the nearest bookshop?
       --Go down the street and turn left at the second corner.
       A. how             B. what            C. where            D. who
(   ) 6. --_______ is it from our school to Lupu Bridge?
       --About half an hour’s bus ride. Shall we go and visit it?
       A. How long         B. How often       C. How far          D. How much
(   ) 7. Tom does his homework _______ Lucy.
       A. as carefully as     B. so careful as      C. as careful as      D. so carefully as
(   ) 8. Pass my glasses to me, Jack. I can _______ read the words in the newspapers.
       A. hardly           B. really            C. rather           D. clearly
(   ) 9. –Please write to me when you have time. --Sure. But _______ is your e-mail address?
       A. when            B. where            C. what            D. which
(   ) 10. –How far is it from your home to your school?   --It’s a quarter’s walk, _______.
       A. here and there     B. now and then     C. up and down     D. more or less
(   ) 11. –It’s a nice car. _______ have you been in it?       --Just to Shanghai.
       A. How much        B. How long        C. How soon         D. How far
(   ) 12. --_______ were you away from school last year?   --About two weeks.
       A. How often         B. How soon        C. How long        D. When
(   ) 13. –George looks strong. Has he ever been sick?
        --He’s a superman! He _______ goes to the doctor.
       A. already           B. even             C. often            D. seldom
(   ) 14. –Does Liu Hua ever guess the meanings of English words?
        --He _____ guesses the meanings of new words. He uses his dictionary all the time.
       A. usually           B. always           C. never            D. sometimes
(   ) 15. You must drive _______ next time, or there may be another accident.
       A. more carefully     B. carefully         C. careful           D. more careful
(   ) 16. --_______ do you go to the library?      -- Four times a month.
       A. How often         B. How soon        C. How long        D. How much
(   ) 17. I can’t say _______ I want to see you again. It’s a year since I last saw you.
       A. how long          B. how often        C. how much        D. how soon
(   ) 18. Don’t worry, sir. I’m sure I can run _______ to catch up with them.
        A. slowly enough    B. enough slowly    C. fast enough    D. enough fast
(   ) 19. This question is _______ more difficult than that one.
        A. rather           B. quite           C. very           D. a little
(   ) 20. It’s twelve o’clock at night, but he is _______ working.
        A. already          B. ever            C. still           D. yet
(   )21. A noise was coming from _______, and after a while a man in black came downstairs and disappeared in the street.
A. the bedroom over B. the bedroom below C. the above bedroom D. the bedroom above
(   ) 22. –What a nice motorbike! ________ have you been on it?        -- Just to Beijing.
        A. How long         B. How soon       C. How far       D. How often
(   ) 23. All the black people refused to take the city buses. ________.
        A. Neither did some whites               B. So some whites did
C. Neither some whites did               D. So did some whites
(   ) 24. –What about having a picnic here, John? --Good idea! I’m feeling ____ hungry, too.
        A. much            B. a bit            C. not a bit        D. a bit of
(   ) 25. It’s a pity that I didn’t think of ringing you _______.
        A. soon             B. sooner          C. early           D. earlier
(   ) 26. –It’s very dark. Let’s go _______.      –All right. Let’s return.
        A. not far           B. no far           C. no farther      D. not farther
(   ) 27. I got to the station _______ than Jim.
        A. early 20 minutes B. earlier 20 minutes C. 20 minutes early D. 20 minutes earlier
(   ) 28. John came to work ______of them all yesterday because his bike had broken down.
        A. late             B. later             C. latest          D. latter
(   ) 29. Asia is _______ the largest continent in the world.
        A. by far           B. far away          C. in the distance  D. a little
(   ) 30. Mike is still _______ with his work as he was when I saw him last.
        A. more careful     B. the most careful    C. as careful      D. as carefully
(   ) 31. There was _______ to weight the elephant.
        A. nothing enough big                    B. big nothing enough
C. nothing big enough                    D. big enough nothing
(   ) 32. Kate said that she didn’t feel very _______ today.
        A. well             B. good             C. nice           D. better
(   ) 33. -- _______ will Jim be back?      --In five minutes.
        A. How long        B. How often        C. How soon      D. How about
(   ) 34. The old gentleman has ________ been to the Great Wall before, has he?
        A. always          B. already           C. ever           D. not
(   ) 35. Now China has joined WTO, so I think English is _______ useful than before.
        A. more           B. most              C. much         D. many
(   ) 36. Jane’s brother didn’t work so _______ as the others did in his class.
        A. harder          B. hard             C. hardest        D. hardly
(   ) 37. I was ill yesterday. But now I feel much _____. I think I can go to school tomorrow.
        A. worse           B. bad              C. better         D. well
(   ) 38. My parents are _______ busy that they have no time to do housework.
        A. so              B. very              C. too           D. quite
(   ) 39. Allen had to call a taxi because the box was _______ to carry all the way home.
        A. much too heavy  B. too much heavy   C. heavy too much  D. too heavy much
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 04:10

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表