绿色圃中小学教育网

找回密码
 免费注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3831|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

2020中考英语专题复习讲义:首字母填空之副词+经典阅读+主题作文训练之成长历程(教师版)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2020-9-20 09:15:11 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
常考副词汇总

有“猜测或判断”语气的副词:surely,certainly,probably,perhaps,possibly,maybe,properly(in the proper way)

一、表示“程度”的副词:

1.十分,很    quite,very,pretty

2.极端/非常   extremely,terribly

3.完全        completely

4.恰恰; 确切地; 精确地 exactly(可用句中可用句末)

5.实际上; 确实; 竟; 事实上 actually

二、用于谓语旁边的副词:

1.字母a开头:  almost, always, also, already(常与完成时连用)

The brain is able to finish great works,but it is not a _82__ perfect.Students should never rely on it to remember all school details. always

2.否定含义的副词:never, hardly, rarely, seldom

These four men n   82   took music lessons. They taught themselves to play music. never

3.字母p开头:possibly,probably(句子开头是perhaps)

The values of your parents are p  87     different from those of your own. probably

三、用于句子开头,有逗号的副词:

(b开头)besides并且

(f开头) first, finally, fourth  

(h开头)however

(i开头)instead然而

(l开头)luckily,last,later

(s开头)second,soon

(t开头)third,therefore,then,

T___85___, slowly turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory. Then

备注:常考的副词短语greatly disappointed,what’s more,  what’s worse,more importantly

四、用于句子末尾比较难想到和高频的副词:

excitedly, clearly, first, finally, instead, soon, together, well, quickly, quietly, fast,exactly

Today, we use pieces of paper i___86___, but many countries still keep bars of gold in the banks. instead

I can’t tell all the dates e___84_ because I was too young to understand calendars, but I remember what I did that day, what the weather was like and so on. exactly

常考连词汇总

a开头:after,as,and,although,

b开头:before,because,but

h开头:how

i开头:if

s开头:since,so

t开头:though,then,than

u开头:until,unless

w开头:which,when,where,who ,why

备注:备考时那些连接状语从句的连词短语也都要复习下。

A_____Walt Disney made many of his most famous movies many years ago, they are as popular now as they were when he made them.  Although

A___87__ we may not know which bands are their favorites at the moment, an MP3 player will give them the freedom to download whatever music they like. Although

一.常用搭配

I was very comfortable speaking to everyone, so I got lots of chances to (82)p_____ my spoken English.    practise

When I got home, my friends couldn’t believe how much I had (83)i _____ in English!   improved

Listen to birds or the sound of your ax (斧子). If the sound is sharp, stormy weather is moving nearer. If the sound dissipates (散去), a high-pressure system and nice weather is on the w____81___.  way

常考的有:by the way 顺便说一下;in the way ,挡道,阻碍;in many ways 在许多方面;in some ways 在某些方面;in this way 用这种方式。

It would be a very b____85____ life for a budgerigar(虎皮鹦鹉) in its cage without a ladder and a bell or a mirror.    boring

常考的有:a good life , a happy life , a bad life , a colorful life , an enjoyable life,a hard life , a wonderful life ,a better life

Greatly d___84___, Edward left the building and went to wait for a bus to take him back home. Next to the bus stop, a man was selling newspapers from a stand(摊位).   disappointed

Nowadays many children are chosen to learn English at a very y__84___ age, but which is the right way should take?  young

建议学生在平时的学习中要及时积累课文中重要的常用搭配,比如往年考过的a big success , a heavy traffic , what’s more , what’s worse ,after class , on the way,Greenhouse Effect, make a difference等等,很多这样的例子。做题的时候如果对这些短语非常熟悉,就好很自然的想起来。

二.固定句式

But if the grass is dry, then it will be w____87___of you to take your umbrella.  wise

此处其实考it is + adj. of sb. to do sth.,并且adj.修饰人的。备考时应该提醒学生如果从联系上下文以及句子成分分析的角度仍然想不出恰当答案,可以从句子的整体结构入手,可能是考常见的句型,比如考定语从句/宾语从句/状语从句的连接词,或者考it is + adj. for sb. to do sth.等等。

常考的还有:some...others...,so...that...

Some special effects, especially in science fiction movies, are made with computers. O_____85____are made by machines, which can make a rainy day or a snowy night at any time of the year. Fires and explosions in movies are created with special effects. Others

三.前后对比

In your classroom, you have learned to read "fast". A___87____ class, you should try to learn to read "slow".   after

如果从整体来看,本段是明显的前后对比结构,前面说课堂上,大家需要读得快一些,后面说的是课后,大家应该学会慢读。

Later I knew an exam was a kind of competition. In competitions, there are always w_________ and losers. As I grew up, I got to know competition well. In one’s life, there must be competitions, so people can improve. winners

文章译为“在竞赛中,总是会有……和失败者”,从句意上面可以推断,这是考“失败者”的反义词“赢家/成功者”的。

四.被动句转主动句

At the moment the Milu deer live in centres where they are being w      protected and cared for.  well

此题的做题方法建议是转为主动句At the moment the Milu deer live in centres where people are protecting and caring for them w       .然后根据常用短语搭配的角度,学生就很容易想起 care for sb./sth. well 这个短语。

五.特殊结构

动名词作主语

It can also be stored as a liquid but only at extremely low temperatures. It seems likely, therefore, that there will have to be a completely new technology before hydrogen replaces fossil fuels. S__86___ these problems is an urgent (急迫的) matter. Although China, India and Australia have huge amounts of cheap coal, and there are still l__87___ oil and gas reserves(储藏量) elsewhere, the effects on the planet’s climate will be bad if they are used. Solving

此处be动词是is,因此these problems 不能做主语,只能动宾结构做主语,所以填动名词形式。

前后一一对应

The cost of a college education can be quite expensive. In English-speaking countries, the a___82___ cost per student per year is well over US$10,000. average

首字母中凡是出现per,every,each字眼的题目,从含义上面又涉及到平均量的,填average的可能性很大,或者填one,比如下题:

It was p_________ in the 16th century to complete university without learning how to read or write. Since books were handwritten, there was not enough to give o___________ to each student. Often, only the teacher had a book. He would read to the students who would memorize what he said. Tests were oral, not written, In fact, many students finished school without ever writing a word. one

考到e      sb. to do 的结构

Reading provided me with escape, but it also e___86____ me to understand the world around me. It was an education in a classroom that had no walls. enabled

首字母中若考到e      sb. to do 的结构,一般考三个,enable,encourage,expect。

考“先后”含义

讲之前先讲一下follow的各种含义:

vt.        跟随,接着;

vt.        继承; (按时间、顺序等) 接着; 从事; 采用;

vi.        理解; 发生兴趣; 由此产生; 跟着人(或物)去(或来)

“How are you?” is often used to greet someone we are familiar with. It usually f__________ with a response of “I’m good, and you?” or “I’m well, and you?” follows

此题其实很多学生都能够理解大意:“how are you”一般是我们所熟悉的问候他人的话语,通常说完这句话后对方会说“I’m good, and you或者I’m well, and you”。之所以理解了句意却想不出答案,是因为英汉互译的过程中会出现个别单词的翻译与平时所掌握的该单词常用语义有出入,这个时候就要从本单词的功能上去考虑了,follow这个单词可以表示时间上和方位上的后面,所以用该词就合理很多了。比如下面一题:

Then one day, his high-school English teacher, Ruth White, asked the class to write their own chapter that would f   95     the last chapter of the novel since they had been reading To Kill a Mockingbird. Davis wrote his chapter and turned it in. follow

此题大意为:一天,他的高中英语老师Ruth White 小姐,在他们读过《杀死一只知更鸟》这部小说之后要求他们在最后一章节后面再续写一个章节。此题仍然考查“先后含义”,故填follow。

Do not get into a lift during an earthquake! Stay in a safe area until you are sure it's OK to leave. Some aftershock (余震) may f____85____ an earthquake. These are as dangerous as the earthquake. follow

此题大意为:地震以后会有余震。是表示方位上的“先后”含义,仍然填follow。

Fortunately, it was a great success. He next made Dumbo,

about a baby elephant, and this was f________ by many more movies. Many of these are still

popular today. followed

考结构对称

Babbage was the first person to come up with the idea of computers. And he is more famous today than he w___ in his day. was

此题大意:Babbage是提出“电脑”想法的第一人,并且,与他所在的时代相比,在当今时代,他更加知名。很多学生都意识到此句是比较级,但忽略了前后结构的对称性,today与in his day想对称,同样地,he is应该与he was 相对称。

首字母专题训练

Two【奉贤】

Say hello to the world

November 21 is World Hello Day. At school, we learned that “How do you do?” and “How are you” are standard ways to say hello when meeting others. But do you know how to respond to them? Nowadays, do native speakers s________ use them today?

As we learned, “How do you do?” is for greeting someone we meet for the first time. And it can be responded with the same “How do you do?” “How are you?” is often used to greet someone we are familiar with. It usually f__________ with a response of “I’m good, and you?” or “I’m well, and you?”

But English is a casual (随意的) language. The formal “How do you do?” is rarely said by native speakers. It is considered old-fashioned. Yet they greet each other in m_______ other ways.

You may hear a conversation b__________ British people : “You all right?” “Yea, you?” “I’m good. Any plans for the weekend?” or “How’s it going?” “Yea, fine, and you?” These ways of greeting are popular for young people to say hello to friends.

Americans like saying, “What’s up” or “What’s good?” to friends. Don’t be confused. It doesn’t mean “What’s wrong?” It is just one way of saying hello. And people usually respond “Not much” or “Nothing”. “Hey, man” is also popular. But it is only used among men. What do w________ say? You guessed it. They often say “Hey, girl.”

If you meet an Australian, you may hear “G’day, mate”. It means “Good day”. You can respond with the same “G’day”.

H_________, there is no rule to say hello to each other. If you can’t remember all of the above, just choose “How are you?”. This is the most c_________ and standard way for people of all ages. You can reply with “pretty good”, “same as usual” or “I’m hanging in there.”

【参考答案】

86.still   87.follows   88.many   89. between  90.women  91. However  92. Common
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2020-9-20 09:15:31 | 只看该作者
Three【松江】

If you are reading this article in class, you are trying to read it quickly. you have been taught to skim and scan. You will look for key words so as to understand the main idea of the article and the i_____81______ points in the article. Skimming and scanning is a good way in a limited(有限的) time, such as when you are taking an exam. However, many people skim and scan everything and they have l_____82____ the ability to enjoy reading. Something called the "slow reading movement" has become popular to solve the problem. The idea is that people turn off their computers and mobile phones for over half an hour each day and enjoy the h_____83____of reading a good book - slowly! In many cities there are e___84_____slow reading clubs where members go to a cafe, not to discuss books, but to sit quietly with each other, drink coffee and just read. Scientists have found that reading slowly, especially books of fiction, helps people relax and think about what they are reading. It also helps people empathize(共鸣). This point is essential. When you read a novel slowly, you get to understand the characters' emotions and to see the world t_____85_____ their eyes.

Reading, of course, isn't easy. You have to sit still for one thing. It can seem boring when compared(比较) to the excitement of playing video games. For me, reading has been an endless pleasure in my life. From the age of ten, when I got my first library card, I've enjoyed the company(陪伴)of heroes,  evil criminals and clever detectives, of thousands of interesting people I would have never met in real life. Reading provided me with escape, but it also e___86____ me to understand the world around me. It was an education in a classroom that had no walls.

In your classroom, you have learned to read "fast". A___87____ class, you should try to learn to read "slow". You may be surprised at how much you enjoy it.

【参考答案】

81 important     82.lost    83.happiness    84.even   85.through    86.enabled      87.After

Six【徐汇】

In March of 1999, Edie and Sarah began hiking(徒步旅行)the Appalachian Trail in Georgia. Sarah was a teacher, she and Edie thought their hike would be an interesting learning experience for students. Before they set off, they visited classrooms for two weeks. Students had the chance to try on a bag to see how much w_81____ Sarah and Edie would be carrying during the trip. Students were also able to ask Sarah and Edie questions about the trail. Sarah and Edie planned to post photos and diaries on the Internet during the trip so that the students would be able to check on their p___82__.

Before they left, Sarah and Edie packed 18 boxes with things they need like biscuits, noodles, peanut butter, and dried fruits and vegetables. Their parents would mail the boxes to small towns a __83____the trail so Sarah and Edie could pick them up wherever they go. That way, Sarah and Edie did not have to carry all their supplies(补给)with them from the beginning of the trip. Sarah and Edie met plenty of friendly hikers during their trip. People who are hiking the Appalachian Trail often create “trail names” for t __84____and their friends. That explains why Sarah and Edie met hikers with names like “Cold Feet” and “Baked Beans”!

There are many shelters. Hiker can stay there overnight, especially in times of bad weather. There are also books called Registers(签到本)at many of the shelters. Hikers can sign the books and leave n ___85__for friends they have made, giving them some information or just saying “Hi”.

Sarah and Edie met with all kinds of weather on their hike. They had days of beautiful clear weather, but they also hiked through rainstorms. S ____86___the weather was so hot that they had to drink a lot of water.

When Sarah and Edie were in Virginia, there was a forest fire. They had to wait until it was c ___87__safe to go on. Because of a fire in Shenandoah National Forest, they missed a 45-mile of the hike. Later in their trip, Sarah and Edie had to ask someone to drive them back there so they would not miss a single mile of the AT!

Four and a half months after they began the hike in Georgia, Sarah and Edie finally succeeded at Mount Katahdin in Maine.

【参考答案】

81.weight;    82.progress;    83.along;      84.themselves;

85.notes;     86.Sometimes;  87.completely

Seven【嘉定】

Edward Sims was born in 1892. He was the fifth child and only son of Herbert and Dora Sims. Herbert was a carpenter(木匠), and did a successful b__81____ making furniture. He decided that his first-born son would be a carpenter just like him. For this reason, Edward was kept away from school and worked with his father.

However, Edward was not born to be a carpenter. T__82____ he had a fit body, he didn't have strong arms like his father. When he tried to find another job, he found it difficult because he had never learnt to read or write.

One day, he went for an interview at a law office. The job was a runner, taking papers from the office to other offices in the city. The lawyer was pleased to see that Edward was physically fit, but when he discovered that the young man couldn't read or write, he d___83___ not to employ him. "How can you deliver documents to other offices," he asked, "if you can't read the addresses on them?"

Greatly d___84___, Edward left the building and went to wait for a bus to take him back home. Next to the bus stop, a man was selling newspapers from a stand(摊位).

"Excuse me, young man?" he said. "Would you look after my stand for a moment?"

For the next 20 minutes, Edward sold newspapers, lots of them. When the man came back, he was so happy to see his new assistant's honesty that he o___85___ him a job. Edward took it immediately.

In the next few months, the two men progressed from working on newspaper stands to s__86___ newspapers, cigarettes, candy and other goods in a shop. Then they opened a second shop, and a third. Finally, they had a chain of 25 shops in three cities.

Edward became very rich, so he employed a private teacher to teach him to read and write. The teacher was e__87___ amazed at what Edward had achieved. "Imagine what you could do if you were able to read and write when you were younger!" he said.

【参考答案】

81.business;        82.Though;       83. decided;      84.disappointed;

85.offered;         86.selling;        87.especially  

课后作业

Nine【金山】

Once upon a time, there was a hippo. He lived in a river next to a big tree.

One day, a bird came and nested in the tree. The bird had a beautiful voice. She sang every morning and many other animals came to appreciate her songs. The hippo was so jealous (嫉妒) of the bird's sweet voice that he couldn't think of anything else. He was u___81___ about being a hippo. He wished he were a bird. After knowing that, the bird came to the hippo and tried to cheer him up. She told the hippo that he was so lucky to be so big. More importantly, he was s__82___ a good swimmer. But the bird's words didn't work. The hippo was still unhappy. He was so eager to be a good singer like the bird.

Finally, the hippo made a decision. He would come out of the river, climb the tree, stand on the branch and start singing. He tried hard to climb the tree, but he f___83___ because he didn't have wings or claws to climb with.

The hippo felt so frustrated. He knew he would never make it, so he angrily used all his s___84___ to push down the tree. Now he could stand on the tree. The hippo felt like a w__85___. He began singing.

Unfortunately, the hippo couldn't sing, either. All that came from his mouth were terrible noises. When other animals heard him singing, they w___86___ what was happening. After seeing the hippo standing on the branch of a fallen tree and trying to sing like a bird, they all laughed.

The hippo was greatly embarrassed by this. He decided to never again regret being a hippo. He also felt bad about having knocked the tree over. He used all his strength to raise the tree back up again, replant it, and look after it until it c___87___ recovered.

【参考答案】

81.unhappy/upset;      82.such;        83.failed;      84.strength;

85.winner;             86.wondered     87. completely

Eleven【闸北】

Charles Babbage: Father of the Computer

Charles Babbage was born too soon. He hoped to invent a calculator. But the technology of his time was too simple. Babbage could not make his dream come true.

All his life, Baggage was interested in n____ . For example, he could find out how f____ a pig’s heart beats or make a table to calculate how much wood a man could saw(锯) in 10 hours.

Baggage was also an inventor. Around 1830, he decided to d____ and built a machine for doing simple mathematical calculations. He called this machine the Difference Engine .

Making the machine

The Difference Machine was very big and difficult to make. It was made of two tons of steel and gears(齿轮).While he was building this h____ machine, he had an idea for a new machine. This one would do all kinds of calculations. He called it the Analytical Engine. It was the start of the modern computer. But Babbage used up all his money b____ he could complete either machine.

Re-inventing the Engine

In 1854, two Swedish inventors built a working mechanical calculator. It was b___ on the Difference Engine. This machine was able to print out different kinds of forms and tables. It was very accurate.

Babbage was the first person to come up with the idea of computers. And he is more famous today than he w___ in his day.

【参考答案】

81.numbers;   82.fast;   83.design;    84.heavy;85.before;      86.based    87. was

Twelve【黄浦】

A new term has begun. Teachers are worried about the fact that new students are not easy to deal with. They like to bring cellphones and MP3 players to school.

some students even use cellphones to do out-of-class matters in class, or sometimes just for fun. Some other students listen to MP3 players when they are having a lesson that they are not interested in.

Are these new students really that r_________? "Yes." says Delaney Kirk, a professor at Drake University. But she adds it's not their fault. I_________, the teachers should be blamed (责备). Mrs Kirk first began thinking about students' manners six years ago. "I had my first class in which students were sleeping or talking to each other. It seemed that learning well had n________ to do with them." she says. "At first, I got worried about this, but then I said to myself: You're giving lessons, and you need to m_________ this kind of situation. These students need to know more about manners. It's time to help them develop some good h________. They shouldn't waste time when they are young. Sooner or later, they may feel sorry about the time they have wasted."

Mrs. Kirk also gives some advice to help teachers during their classes. The following are her s_________:

On the first day of class, tell students how they will benefit(受益) by taking the class and the importance of listening carefully in class.

Do not allow them to bring cellphones or MP3 players to the class at all.

Tell them the proper time to use cellphones or MP3 players at school.

【参考答案】

81.worse;     82. rude      83.instead;       84.nothing;   

85.manage;    86.habits;   87. suggestions

Fourteen【静安(青浦)】

The weather is getting cold. We have a warm home to keep comfortable. But what about the stray (流浪的)animals? They are poor and l___81___. All they can do is to walk the streets and hope to find food in the rubbish dump. There are around 500 million stray and unwanted dogs in the world and a similar number of stray and unwanted cats, according to the WSPA(世界保护动物协会). Why are there so many stray animals? Being given up may be the main r___82___, Zeng Li, host of the Beijing-based stray cats protection website Luckycats, told China Daily.

Today, the whole world is calling for better care of tray animals. And many countries have already taken lots of effective ways. In the UK and US, the WSPA helps animals find new homes. It also provides m____83__ service for unwanted sick animals. The society has a 24-hour animal abuse(虐待)hotline. Anyone can call if she or he finds that someone is hurting an animal.

In Germany, the government has made lots of l___84__ for animal protection. Besides, it also encourages people to get those stray pets back home. You can also do something else to help you.

For a child, once you find a stray animal, you can ask adults around you for help instead of r__85_ to catch it yourself. Or it may bite you.

If it is safe enough to catch a stray animal, you’d better send it to an animal shelter(避难所). These shelters are usually private organizations. Most people v__86__ to take care of stray animals there. You can find the number of such organization online.

There is one thing you need to keep in mind. When you decide to have a pet, take care of it carefully and g___87__. Never give it up, or it will become a poor, stray animal.

【参考答案】

81. lonely          82.reason          83.medical            84.laws   85.running          86.volunteer        87.gently

回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2020-9-20 09:15:48 | 只看该作者
经典阅读理解A篇汇编(三)

One night I was sitting in my room half – listening as my 15 year – old brother fought with my 12 year – old brother Kevin.I didn’t pay attention when Kevin rushed up the stairs with the hurt on his face.

About 20 minutes later, as I was walking upstairs I heard Kevin crying inside the bathroom.I knocked on the door and asked, “Hi, Kevin, do you want to talk?”

No response(无应答).I tried again, “Why don’t you come out of there?”

Again, no response.

Then I took a stack of(一堆) index cards and a pencil and wrote, “If you don’t want to talk, we can write notes to each other.”

An hour later I was still sitting on the floor outside the bathroom with two stacks of index cards in front of me.One was blank and one was cars from Kevin on which he had translated all his yucky feelings into words for me.As I read one of Kevin’s notes, tears came to my eyes.It said, “Nobody in this family cares about me.I’m not the youngest, and I’m not the oldest, and I’m not talented.Tommy thinks I’m stupid and Dad wishes he had the other Kevin as a kid because he’s better at basketball.And you’re never around to even notice me.”

Tears came to my eyes again as I wrote back to him.“You know Kevin, I really do love you and I’m sorry I don’t always show it.I am here for you and you are loved in this family.”

There was no response for a while, but then I heard a tearing sound coming from inside the bathroom.Kevin, who had run out of index cards wrote on a torn – up paper cup, “Thanks.”

I wrote back “For what?” It returned to me with “Loving me” written on it.[来源:学科网ZXXK]

Kevin and I have closer relationship now, and sometimes when one of us notices that the other is upset we’ll smile and say “Write it on a paper cup.”

74.How many children are there in the family?

A. At least two                        B. At least three                C. At least five                D. At least one

75. Why did Kevin stay inside the bathroom alone crying? Because he

A.fought with Tommy.

B.wasn’t loved by Tommy.

C.hurt himself

D.felt no love from the family

76.The underlined word “yucky” may mean “__________”.

A.exciting                             B. terrible                    C.doubtful           D.surprising

77.What could be the reason that Kevin’s Dad doesn’t like him? Kevin_______________________

A.is not good at playing basketball.

B.is always alone with himself.

C.likes fighting with others.

D.is not talented as his brother.

78. Which of the following is true?

A. Kevin was not a good boy as he liked crying

B. Kevin’s father never had a talk with Kevin

C. The author didn’t often express her love to Kevin

D. Kevin was the smallest boy among the children in the family

79.What did the author learn from the incident(发生的事)?

A.It’s hard to make friends with your brothers.

B.It’s important to keep peace in the family.

C.Everyone should show he/she loves his/her family members.

D.The best way to communicate with members of the family is by writing

A. 74. B             75. D                76. B                77. A                78. C                79. C

A. Choose the best answer(根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案): ( 12分)

Geoffrey Payne talks for the first time about the night his wife was killed. The judge thought it was he who killed his wife. Now he wrote to a magazine from the prison about what happened on the night of 13 October 1999.

I had to stay late at the hospital that night to do an operation. I finally left at about 1pm. I drove home slowly because the weather was terrible—the wind was blowing and it was raining heavily. I was running into our road when a man suddenly ran in front of my car. I almost hit him but I stopped just in time. I was frightened and the man looked frightened, too. I got out of the car but he ran away before I could ask if he was all right. It was very strange.

When I got home, the lights were on but it was very quiet. I called to my wife but there was no answer. Then I remembered that she was out at a concert.

I was still very upset about what happened on the road, so I made myself a drink. Then I went upstairs to have a bath. I saw that the window in the bedroom was open. This was strange because my wife always locked the doors and windows before she went out. She was afraid of burglars(夜盗者). When I went to close it, I found Ellen. She was lying on the floor. There was blood everywhere. I rushed over for her pulse but she was dead. I sat on the floor beside her body and was too frightened to do anything.

The next thing I knew was that the sky was getting light. I can’t remember a thing about that night. In the morning I phoned the police. They arrived half an hour after I phoned them. But it seemed like hours. During that time I tried hard to remember anything I could about the night before. I couldn’t stop thinking about the man in the road. What was he doing at that time of night in our quiet neighborhood? Why did he look so frightened ? Why did he run away ?

69.Geoffrey Payne was a ______

A. doctor                      B. policeman                      C.  judge              D. taxi driver

70. _______ while Payne was turning into his road that night?

A. A man suddenly ran in front of his car.

B. His wife called him from the concert hall

C. A man stopped him and asked him the way

D. A man hit Payne’s car with a big stone and ran away

71.When  Payne got home ,he found ______

A. Ellen waiting for him

B. the bedroom window close

C. Ellen lying on the floor ,blood all over [来源:Zxxk.Com]

D. a burglar in his house

72. After he found Ellen dead, Payne______        .

A. called the police at once

B. called out for help

C. tried to find out who killed his wife

D. sat beside his wife’s body without knowing what to do

73. Which of the following is NOT true?

A. Payne called the police the next morning.

B. Payne could remember clearly what had happened.

C. The policemen arrived 30 minutes after Payne’s call.

D. Payne wondered what the man was doing in his neighborhood that night.

74. In this passage Payne tried to______      .

A. say something about his family

B. show he was very sorry for his wife’s death

C. tell why his wife was killed that night         

D. make people believe the man in the road probably killed his wife

69. A     70. A     71. C     72. D   73. B   74. D  

[来源:Zxxk.Com]

At Duke University, there were four second-year students taking Chemistry. They had done so well on all the quizzes, mid-term exams and lab experiments that each had a solid "A" for the term.

These young men were feeling very good the weekend before the final exam, so they decided to go up to the University of Virginia to party with some friends. They had a great time, however, after all the partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday.

Instead of taking the final exam according to schedule (安排表) on Monday morning, they decided to find their professor after the exam and let him know why they had missed it. They explained that they had gone to UVA for the weekend with the plan to come back to study, but, unfortunately, they had had a flat tire (漏气的车胎) on the way back, hadn't brought a spare tire, and hadn't been able to get help for a long time, As a result, they had missed the exam.

The Professor thought it over and then agreed that they could take the final exam the following day. These young men were excited. They studied hard that night and went in the next day in time for the exam.

The professor placed the four friends in different rooms, handed each of them a test paper, and told them to begin.

They looked at the first question and it was easy and equal to 5 points.

"Cool," they thought at the same time, each one in his own room, "this is going to be easy." Each finished the question and then turned the page.

On the second page was written: (For 95 points): Which tire?

78. When did the final exam take place according to schedule?

A. On Sunday.             B. On Monday.            C. On Tuesday.             D. On Saturday.

79. How did the young men feel before the final exam?

A. They were nervous about the final exam.      B. They were afraid they might fail.

C. They were sure they could do well.          D. They didn't want to take the final exam.

80. How did they spend the weekend before the final exam?

A. They studied hard for the final exam.            B. They paid a visit to their family.

C. They slept day and night.                           D. They were partying with friends.

81. They told the professor they missed the final exam because _________.

A. their car ran out of oil on their way back           B. their car went wrong on their way back

C. they forgot all about the final exam               D. they didn't have the money to buy a new tire

82. The final exam consisted of _________.

A. only one easy question                         B. one question and one experiment

C. two questions only                            D. four different questions

83. The final question proved that _________.

A. the professor knew the students were lying

B. the professor didn't prepare the question well

C. the professor wanted them to pass the final exam

D. the professor was a difficult person to please

84. What lesson can we learn from the story?

A. Life is too short to waste time partying all the time.

B. No one can predict what will happen in the future.

C. We should think twice before we decide to do anything.

D. Clever people may pay a high price for being too clever.

Keys: BCDBCAC

More than forty years ago, a group of artists gathered to develop a television program. They planned to make a television show that would teach young children about subjects like reading and math in a fun way.

Sesame Street was first shown on TV on November 10th, 1969. It was produced by a group called The Children’s Television Workshop, and today it was called The Sesame Workshop. The show combines animation (动画), music, large puppets (布偶), and human actors to create funny and creative lessons. Some of the most famous characters on the show are Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, and Bert and Ernie. Puppet maker Jim Henson created these lovely characters.

Research is an important part of what made Sesame Street special. The show’s creators studied children very carefully to understand how to best keep them having fun and learning. When the show was first introduced to children, some of its creators were not sure whether it would last one season. But forty years later, Sesame Street is the longest running children’s television program in the United States.

As part of its fortieth anniversary (周年纪念日), Sesame Street had a special guest on its show. First Lady Michelle Obama showed a group of children and Big Bird how to plant. She explained that the seeds would grow into vegetables, which are healthy and good to eat. She also had a message to the parents who watch the show with their children. She said parents can help their children do things to have healthy lives, like getting enough exercise.

74. Sesame Street is a program shown __________.

A. in the cinema               B. on the radio                    C. on TV            D. on the Internet

75. The characters in the program were created by __________.

A. The Sesame Workshop       B. Jim Henson               C. Big Bird      D. Michelle Obama

76. Sesame Street was produced mainly __________.

A. to make money     B. to introduce the United States     C. to teach parents    D. to help children learn

77. On the program’s fortieth anniversary, First Lady tried to help parents learn __________.

A. how to grow and eat vegetables correctly              B. to watch the show with their children

C. to teach children to do enough exercise                 D. the importance of a healthy life for their children

78. Children may find the lessons taught by Sesame Street very __________.[来源:Zxxk.Com]

A. funny            B. difficult            C. strange            D. useless

79. Sesame Street is a successful children’s program because __________.

A. it was developed by a group of artists                  B. it is the longest running children’s program.

C. it has invited many famous actors and actresses      D. it knows very well what children really want

74—79  CBDDAD

回复

使用道具 举报

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2020-9-20 09:16:03 | 只看该作者
主题训练

--- 成长历程

I.主题词汇

成长经历:teenager, graduate from, allow sb. to do, ask for advice, one’s best friend,

be curious about sth.(对某事好奇), do one’s best, make efforts to do sth.

(尽力做某事), little by little  

校园生活:understand, get on well with sb.(与某人相处得好), raise one’s hand,   

take an active part in

业余爱好:be interested in, be fond of, enjoy doing, spend ... doing, in one’s spare           

time

学习生活:take courses, put one’s heart into, pass an exam, fail an exam, cheat in the

exam, chat in the exam(在考试中作弊), subject, hand in(上交), pay

attention to, full of competition(充满竞争)

人物偶像:genius, respect, think highly of sb.(高度评价某人), look forward to

doing

学习策略:express, explain, confidence, make a survey, collect information, plan a

schedule      

II. 常用句型

1.To improve the situation, I suggest ...

2.As middle school students, we ought to be responsible for ourselves.

3.It’s also important to find a way to be involved in social activities.

4.Here I have two suggestions. First ... Second ...

5.Your life today is the result of your attitudes and choices in the past. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and choices today.

6.Sometimes your biggest weakness can become your biggest strength.

7.Some of the great success stories have followed a word of encouragement.

8.From her confidence, we know that ...

9.We should believe in ourselves.

10.Just keep on trying. The process of trying is much more valuable than the results.

11.Smile on failure and smile on life.

12.Actually, failure is like a naughty boy who plays with us on the way to our goals. On one hand, he wants to test us. On the other hand, he wants to help us become braver. The more we smile on failure, the braver we shall be.

13.Growing older and growing up. Growing up doesn’t need any talent or ability. Growing up is always finding the opportunity for change. Never give up dreaming.

14.A volunteer’s work is very great and helpful. I learn responsibility and to be patient from it. I hope more and more young people will be volunteers.

15.When I am free, I often go to the nursing home to so something good, such as reading books. washing clothes and doing some cleaning for the old.

16.Everyone is not perfect to do everything. We often get help from others in our daily life. In return to the help from others, we must help other people as often as possible.

III. 模拟试题

__________ is the most important thing in my life

a.What is the most important thing in your life? ( health, happiness, friendship, honesty...)

b.Why do you think so? (Give two reasons)

c.What is your suggestion?

要点分析:

1.在审题时,学生要注意“我生命中最重要的东西”,不是单指某一样东西或某一件事,而是通过实例来突出某一项品质(如:友谊、自信助人、诚实、感恩等)。

2.注意:提出的建议要围绕主题来写,而不能前后脱节。

写作思路:

围绕“友谊”,给出一些建议和保持友谊的秘诀:

1.Friends share happiness with us. In addition, they keep us from sadness.

2.Without friends, we feel lonely and bored. However, with them our life will be more and more coulourful.

3.In a word, friends are our most precious wealth and friendship is necessary to everyone.

4.Friendship is like a leaf on the tree. Though they are small and ordinary, without them the tree will be ugly.

5.Friendship can male our life more coulourful and meaningful.

6.Nobody can get through life without friendship.

7.I’m lucky enough to make many kinds of active friends around me.

8.Whenever I am blue, they comfort me and help me find solutions to my problems.

9.I like my friends because we can believe in each other and help each other.

10.I regard him as my best friend. We always discuss together and have many activities in our spare time.

范文讲评

修改稿

Friendship is the most important thing in my life

If I don’t have friendship, my world may become coulourless. So I think friendship is one of the most important things in my life. No one can live in the world alone. When we are in trouble, friends can help us overcome those difficulties in life. When we feel happy, we hope there is someone who can share our happiness.

To make friends with people, we should be frank and honest to others so that people can trust us. What’s more, a real friend never hesitates to give his or her love and care to us. Let’s try our best to treat our friends sincerely, and we will find that our life may become coulourful with so many friends around us.

1.Happiness is the most important thing in my life

Happiness is the most important to us. When we feel happy, the world feels like a better place. First, wearing a smile will make us more charming and help us to win lots of friends. A good mood always gives us hopes. Second, remember life is full of ups and downs. We can’t change the way life is, but we can do our best to be happy. Third, we should always be confident. Confident is half success. When we smile, the world smiles with us. Let’s make our world full of happiness.

2.Confidence is the most important thing in my life

There are a lot of important things in my life, such as friendship, money, family and time. But I think the most important thing is confidence. Confidence is the first step to success. It makes you not afraid of difficulties. When I was in Grade Four, I made a speech in the school hall, and all of the students listened carefully, if I didn’t have confidence, I couldn’t make that speech so fluently. Confidence makes me shine brightly. It is the most important thing to me.

3.Independence is the most important thing in my life

As we all know, independence is a symbol of growing up. I’m independent on my study and I don’t need my parents to worry about my study. In my opinion, we should learn to do something by ourselves because we can learn about responsibility and get ready for becoming an adult.

To realize this goal/achieve the aim, we should try to study by ourselves and learn to do some housework as often as possible. To sum up, we can be brave to face our future life if we learn to be independent.

范文链接

1.Growing up

Growing up is no doubt hard but unforgettable. Among all these experiences that made me grow up, the PE lesson is the most unforgettable one. I used to be poor at physical activities. When the teacher told us to jump high in the lesson, I felt afraid and shy at first. Though I fixed my eyes on the teacher’s performance and listened carefully, I still failed in my first jump. I almost wanted to give up, but the teacher encouraged me a lot. With the help of the teacher and my hard work, I succeeded at last. This experience taught me never to give up when I meet difficulties. I grew up after this unforgettable lesson. ‘’No pains, no gains.” That’s what I learned from my process of growing up.

2.How to get on well with others?

a.  Getting on well with others is very important in our daily life. I can get on well with others easily because I am always kind and friendly. Besides. I have many friends as well. To achieve it, first you should talk to others with smile and never be impolite. Other people will think you are a good boy/girl. Second, you should think about others more than yourselves. If you do this, everyone would like to make friends with you. All in all, we ought to try our best to get on well with others.

b.    As we all live in such a modern city, getting on well with others has become a necessary ability in our daily life. I get on well with others because of the following reasons.

Firstly, we should be helpful to others. When some people have trouble, I always give a hand to them. Then we can set up strong relationship between each other. Secondly, honesty is important to everyone. No one wants to make friends with dishonest persons, so we should never tell lies. Finally, we should trust on others’ manners and always be generous to give our best to others and expect for nothing.

I believe we’ll all get on well with others by following the above tips. Let’s spread warmth and love around us and set up strong relationship together.

c.   Relationships between one and another have strong effects on our lives. So I think it is necessary to get on well with others. I’m getting on well with others because I am always friendly and helpful to others. Another reason is that I don’t get angry easily. Here are some suggestions on how to get on well with others. First, keep good mood. People would not like to be friends with a person who has bad temper. Second, be willing to help others. We give them a hand when others are in trouble. This can prove that we are a true friend worth getting along with. Third, compliments are welcomed. Praise our friends more often. In that way, they will certainly like you.

To sum up, getting on well with others can be easy, but it requires some effort. Let’s try our best to get on well with others.

3.Where there is a will, there is a way

When I was only 5 years old, my parents often told me that where there is a will, there is a way. At that time, I couldn’t understand it very well. But now I think it is very important. For example, I passed the PE test successfully though I was not very good at sports. I could do it because I believed in myself and took an active part in it. Here I have two suggestions. First, when you meet some serious problems, you can tell yourself that no one can achieve their goal without effort. Second, you should work harder and harder. I believe that everyone can succeed in their own field if they believe in themselves.

4.After I failed….

Nobody can be successful without failure. Neither can I. As a Grade Nine student. The PE exam is very important. But when we first practiced running in class, my score really made me disappointed. Then, I told myself that I must try my best to improve my score. To make my dream come true, I first gave myself a plan of doing exercise. Then, I always tried my best to do it. Finally, during the final exam, I got an unbelievable score. It made me feel really excited. From then on, I know that where there is a will, there is a way.

5.An interesting lesson

Last week I had an interesting English lesson and I like it very much. At the beginning of the class, the teacher taught us a text. It was a detective story. All of us were very curious about the story. After we learned the whole text, the teacher asked us to have a role play. Luckily, I was asked to be the clever detective. At first, I felt so nervous that I couldn’t remember my words. But the teacher and my group members encouraged me a lot. Then  I felt confident in myself and began to enjoy the play. Although I still made some mistakes in my performance, I felt very happy because English was not so difficult or boring. Learning English can be an interesting game, if we can find interest in it, we will enjoy it.

6.My example of learning by failure

When I was in Grade Eight, I always played computer games. It attracted me so much that I had no time to review my lessons. When the final exam was on, I had almost no ability to finish the whole test paper. I knew I failed again and felt very sad. With the help of my teachers and my parents, I realized how foolish I was to spend so much time playing the computer games. From the beginning of Grade Nine, I Knew I had no time to lose. I began to study harder than before and make great progress in some subjects. I still remember an English saying “No pains, no gains.”

Although I have made great progress, I know that is not enough. I will try my best to improve some subjects which I’m still not good at. I believe my ability in dealing with some difficulties. I will enter the high school I like best.

7     I want to volunteer in_________________

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 13:44

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表