Unit 1 Friendship Period 7 Revision优秀教案教学设计
发布者: 真美珍
Unit 1 Friendship
Period 7 Revision
(Summing up and Learning tip)
整体设计
真美珍
从容说课
This is the seventh (also the last)teaching period of this unit. The emphasis should be placed on going over what has been learned in this unit. It mainly includes two parts, Summing up and Learning tip.
Summing up summarizes the whole contents of this unit from the aspects of topics, vocabulary and grammar. The teacher can first use this part to let the students sum up what they have learned and then explain what the students couldn’t understand very well in this unit. An experienced teacher should design some exercises for the students to do in order that they can learn to use and grasp all the contents. Learning tip encourages students to form the good habit of keeping a diary. It will help students improve their English. So, make sure that the students form the habit.
In this period, the teacher can also add more exercises to consolidate what the students have learned. Finally, ask the students to finish Checking yourself on Page 47. This part aims at encouraging students to make a self-assessment after they finish learning this unit. It is very important to improve their learning.
教学重点
Get the students to review and consolidate what they have learned in this unit.
教学难点
Get the students to turn what they have learned into their ability.
教学方法
Summarizing, discussing and practicing
教具准备
A projector and other normal teaching tools
三维目标
Knowledge aims:
1. Get the students to go over useful new words and expressions.
2. Have the students review the grammarirect Speech and Indirect Speech.
Ability aims:
1. Develop the students’ ability to use the important language points.
2. Enable the students to learn to express their attitudes, agreement and disagreement, and certainty.
Emotional aims:
1. Get the students to form the good habit of keeping a diary.
2. Strengthen the students’ comprehension of friendship.
教学过程
→Step 1 Checking the homework exercises.
→Step 2 Lead-in
Tell the students:Up to now, we have finished Unit 1. Have you learned and grasped all in this unit? Turn to Page 8. You can check yourself by filling in the blanks in the part Summing Up.
→Step 3 Summing Up
Five minutes for the students to sum up by themselves. Then check and explain something where necessary.
Suggested answers:
Write down what you have learned about friends and friendship.
(The students’ answers will vary. )Friends are just the people who share your happiness and sorrow. Friendship is love with understanding.
From this unit you have also learned
Useful verbs:add ignore calm concern cheat list share trust dare suffer communicate
Useful nouns:reason list feeling Netherlands German series purpose nature thunder power teenager advice questionnaire quiz situation editor habit
Useful expressions:add up calm down have got to be concerned about walk the dog go through hide away set down a series of on purpose in order to face to face according to get along with fall in love join in
New grammar itemirect speech and Indirect speech (Statements/Questions)
→Step 4 Word and expression exercises
Show the exercises on the screen or give out exercise papers.
Fill in the blanks with proper words or phrases given. Change the forms where necessary.
communicate suffer series situation habit add up be concerned about join in hide away get along with in order to on purpose
1. The______________ is very difficult.
2. I came here______________ to see you.
3. How are you______________ your English study?
4. Although he______________ the discussion, he said nothing.
5. Mothers usually______________ their children.
6.______________ catch the train, she hurried through her work.
7. It’s a good______________ to go for a walk after supper.
8. He wrote down the weight of each stone and then______________ all the weights.
9. His friend______________ from ill health for some years.
10. The naughty boy______________ for two days before he was discovered.
11. The Minister for Foreign Affairs has already______________ on this event with the American President.
12. He saw a______________ of white arrows painted on the road.
First get the students to do the exercises. Then the answers are given. The teacher can give them explanations where necessary.
Suggested answers:
1. situation 2. on purpose 3. getting along with 4. joined in 5. are concerned about6. In order to 7. habit 8. added up 9. has suffered 10. hid away 11. communicated12. series
→Step 5 Grammar exercises
Turn the following direct speech into indirect speech and indirect into direct.
1. “I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary, ” said Anne.
2. He asked, “Are you leaving tonight? ”
3. “When did you go to bed last night? ” Father said to Anne.
4. Anne asked her father when they would go back there.
5. Mother asked me whether I had finished my homework before I watched TV.
6. He said that he had gone there the week before.
Suggested answers:
1. Anne said that she didn’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary.
2. He asked us whether we were leaving that night.
3. Father asked Anne when she went to bed the night before.
4. “When will we come back here? ” Anne asked her father.
5. Mother asked me, “Had you finished your homework before you watched TV? ”
6. He said, “I came here last week. ”
→Step 6 Discussion and talk
The teacher can ask the students to work in pairs and discuss with each other, “What is/are the most important quality/qualities that a friend needs to have? ” Tell them to use the following they learned in this unit:
I agree.  I think so.  Exactly.  That’s correct.
I don’t agree.  I don’t think so.  I’m afraid not.  Of course (not).
Sample dialogue:
A:I think what is important for me is that a friend is always around when I need him. If I feel sad or upset, he will comfort me. He won’t leave me alone when I’m in trouble. He will help me.
B:I agree. But in my opinion, a real friend should also tell you the truth. He should tell you what he really thinks about things.
A:That’s right. But Wang Ping said he didn’t agree with you.
. . .
→Step 7 Learning tip
It is a good habit for students to keep a diary. Encourage them to have a try.
→Step 8 Assessment
1. Checking yourself (on Page 47 in the Workbook)
First get the students to think about these questions individually. Then they can discuss in groups sharing their experience. The teacher can join in and give them advice and suggestions where necessary.
2. Testing assessment
First get the students to do the following exercises. Then the answers are given. The teacher can give them explanations where necessary.
Show the exercises on the screen.
1)Complete the sentences using the words below in their proper forms.
add point ignore reason dare power concern suffer advice communicate
(1)Can you explain the______________ behind the decision?
(2)Jane, who grows up in a circus, is able to______________ with all the animals.
(3)After the earthquake, people hardly_____________ hope that their families were still alive.
(4)I______________ from a bad headache after the operation.
(5)I followed my teacher’s______________ and bought an English-English dictionary.
(6)Parts of the city had______________ cuts yesterday because of the big fire from the restaurant.
(7)Please______________ your daughter’s name to this list.
(8)Air pollution is one of the problems that we can’t afford to______________ .
(9)There are five important______________ in her speech.
(10)We’re rather______________ about Father’s health.
2)Complete the short passage using suitable phrases you learned from this unit. When you finish, try working out a surprising ending of the story with a partner.
Paul and I are good friends. We always______________ each other. He can______________ in his head quite easily, but I have to______________ all the numbers on paper for calculations. Last week Paul took me to a newly opened small pub. I______________ it as soon as I stepped in. It was such a nice place with all kinds of lovely candles. While we were chatting happily together, someone came near at our table. He asked politely, “Can I______________? ”. . .
3)Choose the best answer.
(1)Mother asked me______________ or not I liked that coat.
A. that B. what C. whether D. if
(2)The man asked Alice______________ the good ring.
A. where she had put
B. where had she put
C. where she has put
D. where has she put
(3)Did you have trouble______________ the post office?
A. to have found
B. with finding
C. to find
D. in finding
(4)Why don’t you put the meat in the fridge? It will______________ fresh for several days.
A. be stayedB. stay  
C. be stayingD. have stayed
(5)______________ is it______________ I’ve grown so crazy about evening to do with nature?
A. Why; thatB. Why; what
C. What; thatD. What; what
Suggested answers:
1)(1)reasons (2)communicate (3)dared (to) (4)suffered/was suffering (5)advice (6)power (7)add (8)ignore (9)points (10)concerned
2)get along (well)with; add up; set down; fell in love with; join in
3)(1)C (2)A (3)D (4)B (5)A
→Step 9 Homework
1. Review and summarize what you have learned in Unit 1.
2. Preview the next unit.
板书设计
Unit 1 friendship
Unit Revision
Summing Up
Write down what you have learned about friends and friendship.
(The students’ answers will vary. )Friends are just the people who share your happiness and sorrow. Friendship is love with understanding.
From this unit you have also learned
Useful verbs:add ignore calm concern cheat list share trust dare suffer communicate
Useful nouns:reason list feeling Netherlands German series purpose nature thunder power teenager advice questionnaire quiz situation editor habit
Useful expressions:add up calm down have got to be concerned about walk the dog go through hide away set down a series of on purpose in order to face to face according to get along with fall in love join in
New grammar item:Direct speech and Indirect speech (Statements Questions)

活动与探究
Go to the library or surf the Internet to collect materials like poems, songs, stories, and plays on friendship. Prepare for an English party on friendship.
Friendship is such a popular topic on which there are lots of stories, songs, poems and plays. After learning this unit, the students should be encouraged to collect as much material on this subject as they can from the library, media and the Internet. They may hold an English party, where they can put on performances, for example, reciting poems, singing songs, telling stories, etc. This is a good way to increase the students’ interest in learning English as well as enhance their understanding of friendship.
Suggested English song
Auld Lang Syne
should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
should auld acquaintance be forgot,
for the sake of auld lang syne. 
if you ever change your mind,
but I living, living me behind,
oh bring it to me, bring me your sweet loving,
bring it home to me.

I’ll give you jewelry and money too.
that s all all I’ll do for you.
bring it home to me, yeah~ yeah~
darling you know I laughed when you left,
but now I know that I only hurt myself.
please bring it to me, bring your sweet sweet love,
bring it home to me, bring it home to me. 
if you ever change your mind,
but I living, living me behind,
bring it home to me. 
for auld lang syne my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll take a cup of kindness yet
for the sake of auld lang syne.
The song Auld Lang Syne can remind people to think of old friends and remember the good times of the past, as they look forward to the future. It is sung at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve in nearly every English-speaking country. This tradition is centuries old, but the version of the song that is sung today was written by Robert Burns in the 18th century. “Auld Lang Syne” comes from the old Scotch language and literally means “Old Long Age”(旧日时光) or “Good Old Days”(美好往昔). It was used as the theme song in the 1940 movie Waterloo Bridge (《魂断蓝桥》).
附参考译文:《友谊地久天长》
怎能忘记旧日朋友/心中能不怀想/旧日朋友岂能相忘/友谊地久天长/
我们曾经终日游荡/在故乡的青山上/我们也曾历尽苦辛/到处奔波流浪/
我们也曾终日逍遥/荡桨在碧波上/但如今却劳燕分飞/远隔大海重洋
我们往日情意相投/让我们紧握手/我们来举杯畅饮/友谊地久天长
友谊万岁/友谊万岁/举杯痛饮/同声歌颂友谊地久天长
Suggested English little poem
Childhood Friends
 by Mindy Carpenter
As childhood friends, we grew up together,
Swearing to be friends forever and ever.
Sometimes we would argue and fight,
Other times we would laugh and stay up all night. 
We went from playing with games and toys,
To talking and dreaming about different boys.
My thoughts and feelings, to you I would confide,
Never having anything to hide. 
Friends we do remain,
Things changing, and things staying the same.
To each other we still listen and share,
About each other, we will always care.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶6 踩
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 07:08

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网