中考复习资料初三英语短文填空练习题大全

[复制链接]
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:22:38 | 只看该作者
(东洲中学篇)
Keys
1)        1.good/great     2.much       3.trees        4.look       5.animals
6.places         7.fly         8.describe     9.busy      10.ourselves
2)        1. power      2. growing/getting   3. during      4. lives    5. bodies
6. hard        7. sit          8. when       9. difficult      10. become
3)        1.already         2.from            3.interest     4.spending           5.corne
    6.stop             7.people            8.close             9.way         10. describes
4)        1. like,    2.because,     3. made,     4. open,     5. won’t,
6. speed,   7. colours,     8.sure,      9.before,     10.long
5)        1.who,      2.easily,     3.example,      4.clear,      5.spelling,
6.mistakes,   7.used,      8.games,       9.in,        10.serve
6)        1.getting    2.in        3.newest      4.hour      5.faster  
6.used      7.around    8.first        9.took      10.ship
7)        1.sky      2.in      3.well     4.dark       5.bright
6.draw     7.turn     8.rises     9.west      10.Night
8) 1.instead      2.quite     3.gives       4.or         5.different  
6.for         7.times     8.warning     9.making    10.families
9)        1. village  2. other      3. kinds      4. worried      5. sitting
     6. at      7. answer    8. Again      9. happy       10. third
10)1. with       2.  called     3.  through       4. celebrated      5.  that
6. However    7. ones       8.  also           9. known        10.visit
11)1 with     2. other        3.  enemies      4.  afraid      5.  helps
6.its       7. because      8. wings         9.   well      10. short
12)1. On      2. telephone    3.  meet     4. found     5.   for
6. around   7. stopped      8. whether    9. speak     10  angrily
13)1. interesting      2. height     3.  longer      4.  groups     5.  birth
6. within         7. protect     8. danger      9. at           10 stay
14)1. need      2. quickly     3.  better     4. noisy     5.   attention
6. other     7. fewer       8. important    9. learn    10.  at
(正余中学篇)
The mobile phone is a useful thing, but maybe I don’t know h   1    to use it. Sometimes it makes things difficult for me.
One day I wanted to see my friend nearby. I could a     2   at his house in five minutes, but I looked at my mobile phone and thought i    3    would be better to ring him up. I r    4    him for the first time, but the line was busy. Five minutes later, there was an answer, but it was the wrong number. Then I tried a     5   and this time I got an answer from him.
I asked him if he was at home in the afternoon. And he said---at least I thought he said---he would be at home the w     6  afternoon. So I went to his house, but then I found n   7     in. I called him for the third time. This time I got s   8    angry that I shouted ,“You are not at home? But you just told me over the phone that you would be at home all afternoon!”
Here w  9    his answer,“No, I said:‘I will NOT be at home all afternoon.’”
I went back to my room, sat down in front of the mobile phone and looked at it. What e   10    could I do? Nothing!

1.           2.         3.         4.         5.         
6.           7.         8.         9.         10.         

There are two main kinds of sports. These two kinds of sports are team sports and individual(个人的)sports. Team sports are such as baseball, basketball and v     1    . Team sports r     2    two separate(独立的)teams. The teams play against each other. They compete against each other in order to get higher s   3     . For example,in a football game, if team A gets 7 points and team B gets 3 points, team A wins the game. Team sports are sometimes c   4     competitive sports.
Besides team sports, there is a     5    main type, or kind, of sporting activity. This is individual sports. In individual sports there are n  6     teams. There isn’t any competition. People play individual sports in order to get exercise. They don’t play individual sports for competition. Generally, they want to get some e   7    , not to win a game. Individual sports are such sports as swimming, skiing,and r    8     .
Of course, it is possible to compete in individual sports. It is possible to keep a score in individual sports. The main difference, however, b 9   team sports and individual sports is that individual sports can be performed alone. Team sports always need more than o 10      person.

All over the world people enjoy sports. Sports help one to keep h  1     , happy, and to live longer. Many people like to watch others play games. They buy t     2   or turn on their TV to watch the games. Often they get very excited when “their” player or team w    3    .
Games and sports often grow out of people’s work and everyday activities. The Arabs use horses or camels in much of their everyday life. They a  4  use them in their sports. Some sports are so interesting that people everywhere like t   5    . Football, for example, is p  6      by more and more young people.
Some sports or games such as running and jumping go back t  7      of years. But basketball and volleyball are rather new. N   8     one is two hundred years old yet. People are inventing new sports or games all the time. Water-skiing is one of the n    9     in the family of sports.
People from different countries may not be able to u   10      each other, but after a game together they often become good friends.

回复

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:22:58 | 只看该作者
(正余中学篇)

Keys
1)1~5   how   arrive  it   rang   again
6~10  whole   nobody   so    was   else
2)1~5   volleyball    require    score   called     another
6~10   no         exercise   running  between  one
3)1~5    healthy     tickets    wins     also      them
6~10    played      thousands  neither  newest   understand

(能仁中学篇)
In the world, soccer of football is the most popular 1s_________. This is 2b________ many countries have wonderful teams for the World Cup. The World Cup is held every 3f______ years.
To remember 2002 FIFA World Cup ,children from different countries and more than 60 children from Japanese schools came together and spent three weekends 4d________ a big picture called “Dream World Cups ”in Japan. The children drew 5a_______, flowers and people playing soccer under a 6b_______ bright sky. They wished each football team good 7 l_______ by drawing the flags(旗帜) of all the countries that would take part in the World Cup in Japan and South Korea. The picture was put up in a park near a 8p__________ in Yokohama.Some football teams would have games there.
Are you a football fan?The World Cup makes more and more people 9 i________ in football. Teenagers like playing and watching football. Many of them love some football stars so much that they get the pictures of their favourite players on the walls of their rooms. That is the way to 10 s_________ their love for the World Cup as children in Japan.
Americans with small families 1o_________ a small car or a large one. If both parents are working, they usually have two cars. When the family is 2 l_________, one of the cars is sold and they will buy a van(住房汽车).
A small car can 3h_________ four persons and a large car can hold six persons but it is very 4c__________. A van hold seven persons easily, so a family with three children could ask their grandparents to go on a 5h_________ travel. They could all travel together.
Mr.Hagen and his wife had a third child last year. This made them 6s_______ a second car and buy a van. Their sixth and seventh seats are used to put other things, for a family of five must carry many suitcases(衣箱) when they travel. When they arrive at their grandparents’ home, the two seats can then carry the 7g____________.
Americans call vans motor 8h_________. A motor home is always used for holidays. When a family are traveling to the m__________ or to the seaside, they can live in their motor home for a few days or to the seaside, they can live in their motor home for a few days or weeks. All the members of a big family can enjoy a happier life when they are traveling together. That is why motor homes have become very p_________. In America there are many parks for motor homes.
Now some women are spending a weekend at Mother’s Camp(营地). There, husbands and children are not 1a________. Why would a woman want to take a vacation 2w_________ her family? Some women say they need time to be 3a__________.
At Mother’s Camp a woman has room to 4h_________. She can sleep, read or watch TV, and no one will 5b_________ her. No children will ask, “Mom, what’s for dinner?” No husband will say, “Oh, dear, I can’t find any clean socks.” In fact almost 50% of women in the United States work outside the home. Many of them work full-time and then come home to a second job-taking care of their homes and families. These working women say one of their biggest problems is 6h___________.
In the United States, working wives do about 75% of the housework. Many of their husbands say they want to help. But then they burn the rice or they can’t find the pans. They ask so many questions that their wives decide it is easier to do the job 7t__________.
Some women go to Mother’s Camp just to get a 8b________ from housework. For two days they don’t cook, they don’t clean, they don’t look after their children and husbands. What do they do? They 9e________ warm, sunny weather, walking, swimming or boating in a clear blue lake and sing songs around the campfire. They 10 r_________ away from home. They have a really wonderful vacation at Mother’s Camp.
Canada is the 1s________ largest country is the world. It is over 7,000 kilometers from the 2w____   coast(海岸)to the east. It has 3s_______ time zones. When it is 9 a. m. in Vancouver on the west coast,it is 1:30 p. m. in St John's on the east coast
    4E_________ and 5F_________ are the two main languages in Canada. About 60 percent of its people speak English, and about 25 percent speak French. More than 70 percent of its population live in cities near the US border(边境).
    Ottawa is the 6c_________. Every year millions of 7t__________ go there to visit museums and take part in the cultural(文化的)8a___________. Toronto is the largest city of the country with about 2. 5 million people. Montreal is the second biggest French-speaking 9c_______ in the world.
    The maple leaf is the national 10s___________ of Canada. The Canadian flag has a red maple leaf on a red and white background.

How to practice spoken English?
How can we practice our spoken English?
The first and the most i____________ thing is to believe yourself. You should always be full of confidence or you will never be able to i____________ your English.You should often encourage y____________.“Come on, don’t be afraid!”
You should never lose heart and never g____________ up.
Maybe you are afraid of losing face, but you should think since we  are students and we’re learning, there’s no n____________ to worry  about anything. You must always be active in practice.There’s no problem that your pronunciation and intonation(语调)can’t be as good a____________ the native people because we are Chinese, and we don’t have chances to live in f____________ countries and talk with the people there all the time.But you must know that the main way to study English is to make ourselves understood and understand other people. You should believe that native speakers will not l____________ at you.I____________ they will encourage you.So if you are brave enough, you’ll certainly make a rapid progress in your spoken English.
  Don’t be shy or afraid! Just have a t____________.

1970 was the “World Conservation (保护) year”. The United Nations wanted everyone to know the world is in d____________. They hoped that governments would act quickly to conserve nature. Here is one example of the problem. At one time there were 1300 d____________ plants, trees and flowers in Holland, but now o____________ 860 remain. The others have been destroyed by man. We are changing the earth, the air and the water, and e____________ that grows and lives. We can’t live without these things. If we continue like this, we will d____________ ourselves.
  What will happen in the f____________? Perhaps it is more important to ask, “What must we do now?” The people who will be living in the world of tomorrow are the young of today. A lot of them know that conservation is necessary. Many are helping to s____________ our world. They plant trees, b____________ bridges across rivers in forests, and so on. In a small town in the United States a large g____________ of girls cleaned the banks of eleven kilometers of their river. Young people may hear about conservation through a record called NO ONE’S GOING TO CHANGE OUR WORLD. It made by the Scatles, Cliff Richard and other singers. The m____________ from it will help to conserve wild animals.

At school many things h____________ to us. We may feel excited when we have success in a school play. We may feel sorry if we l____________ an important game. We want to keep the memory for the r____________ of our lives.
How to keep the m____________? Our English teacher, Miss Wang, has taught us a good w____________ of remembering things to make our own yearbook. What is a yearbook? A yearbook is a kind of book which is used to keep the memory of exciting moments. It’s usually made at the e____________ of the year.
Last December, we began to make our yearbook. F____________ we chose the persons who had done something special, then some students interviewed them, some wrote down their stories, o____________ took photos of them. Everyone in our class had something to do. Finally our teacher h____________ us to put the things together. We had our first yearbook.
All of us put a lot of love into making the yearbook. It is so wonderful that not only the students but also our p____________ and teachers will remember the special time for ever.

Here’s story about Ming’s life on the waters . Ming has lived all his life on a wide r________(1) in China . His home is a large house-boat with a roof, one of hundreds that move up and down. In about six years he has not once been on l_______(2) , but he is never lonely . He is a strong swimmer. In fact, he could swim before he could walk . When he wants to play with his f _______(3) , he just swims across to their boats or asks them to v________ (4) him .
    Ming’s father is a fisherman but he never u________(5) a line or a net. Great black birds called cormorants do the fishing for him. Rings have been put around the birds’ n________(6) so that they cannot eat the fish they catch . They have been taught to b________(7) the fish to people . And then people reward (奖励) them with a fine big fish as soon as their work is f________(8) . Ming loves watching the cormorants, but better still he likes going s_________ (9) with his mother. The shops, of course, are boats very like his o__________ (10) .
    Last week Bruce wrote to Dick, telling him that he wasn’t enjoying the n_________ (1) school in Richmond at all . As all the o________(2) students were from the same junior middle school , they g________(3) on well with each other. Bruce tried his best to be friendly, but they didn’t . I________(4) , they made fun of  him , for he was the s_________ (5) in the class . He had no idea about what to do. So Bruce n_________(6) some help from his best friend, Dick .
    Now , in his l_________(7) back to Bruce , Dick gave him two pieces of advice:First of all , d________(8) worry about being short . And the s_________(9) , think about l__________ (10) for a good friend .
    There are some people who just can’t make up their m_________ (1) by themselves . They often ask the advice of their friends and then do the opposite of what their friends have said .
    My brother, Mike, is such a person. He can never decide what to do and always asks my i__________ (2) . I try to help him as well as I can. But he never t__________(3) my advice . Yesterday I answered his questions in a different way. “Look , ” he said, s_________(4) me a letter . “What do you think I should do?”
    The letter was an o__________(5) of a job . It seemed to be a good chance for a young doctor. Mike would be s__________(6) to Africa to work . The job would pay very well, and he would be able to travel and visit many i___________(7) places .
    “What do you think, Peter ?” he asked . “Should I go? If I take the job, I’ll have to stay longer . But it will be a wonderful time for me , what should I do ?”
    “Don’t go .” I told him . “You would be u__________(8) .”
    “Don’t go ?” he looked very surprised at my answer .
    As you’ve probably g________(9) , Mike took the offer . I don’t know if he found that I r__________(10) wanted him to take the job .
    Here’s a part of an e-mail answer from Joe giving some advice to his son in college. “When I was young, I often met t_________(1) about what to do and what not to do . My grandmother told me not to worry about those things. I o_________(2) did them once a year or once a lifetime . I__________(3) , I should try to do well those things , and I do them every day . For example, I need to eat every day, so I should learn how to c__________ (4) . I need to talk to o__________ (5) every day, so I should learn how to work with d__________ (6) people and know how to s__________ (7) well . I walk every day , so my s__________ (8) should be all right and comfortable. Every night I sleep , so my bed should let me have a good rest . Taking care of the e__________ (9) things m__________ (10) that you do a better job of the one in a lifetime things as well .”
    We usually use two kinds of money . One kind is money made of paper and the other kind is money made of m__________  (1) . But in the past people used many things i__________ (2) of money . Some countries used salt , tea or stones. Other countries even used some animals . Today people in some p__________ (3) in the world still do not use paper money all the time .
    On the island of Yap , people use the h__________ (4) money in the world —Yap stones . These are round , white stones w__________ (5) a hole in the middle . The Yap stones do not c__________ (6) from this island . The Yap men have to go to the islands over 600 kilometres away to get t__________ (7) .
Rich people do not carry Yap stones . Servants (仆人) f__________ (8) the rich . Each servant carries a stone on a long s__________ (9) over his shoulder (肩) . Today people on the island of Yap use paper money for everyday shopping . But for other things they still p__________ (10) Yap stones to paper money .

回复

使用道具 举报

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:23:09 | 只看该作者
(能仁中学篇)
Keys
1) 1. sport                   2.because                   3. four                         4. drawing         5. animals         6.blue
7. luck             8. playground         9. interested                 10. show
2) 1.own                 2. large                         3. hold                         4. crowded         5. holiday         6. sell
7. grandparents         8. homes         9. mountains                 10. popular
3)        1. allowed         2. without                 3. alone                         4. herself         5. bother         6.housework        7. themselves                 8. break                         9. enjoy                 10. relax
4)        1. second         2. west                         3. six                         4. English         5. French        
6. capital         7. tourists                 8. activities                 9. city                 10. symbol
5): 1.important,         2.improve,         3. yourself,         4.give,         5. need,                         6.as, 7.foreign, 8.laugh,                 9.Instead,         10.try
6): 1.danger,         2.different,         3.only,                 4.everything,         5.destroy,         6.future,
7.save,                 8.build,                 9.group,                 10. money
7): 1.happen,         2.lose,                 3.rest,                 4.memory,         5.way,                 6.end,                 7.First,                 8.others,                 9. helped,         10.parents
8 )1. river                 2. land                 3. friends         4. visit                 5. uses                 6. necks                         7. bring                 8. finished         9. shopping         10. own
9) 1. new                 2. other                 3. got                 4. Instead         5. shortest         6. needed                 7. letter                 8. don’t                 9. second         10. looking
10)1. minds                 2. idea                 3. takes                 4. showing         5. offer                 6. sent                         7. interesting         8. unhappy         9. guessed         10. really
11) 1. trouble(s) 2. only                 3. Instead         4. cook                 5. others                 6. different                 7. speak                 8. shoes                 9. everyday         10. means
12) 1. metal         2. instead         3. places                 4. heaviest         5. with                 6. come 7. them                 8. follow         9. stick                 10. prefer

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 17:08

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表