打印 上一主题 下一主题

中考复习资料初三英语短文填空练习题大全

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-1-28 12:20:58 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
根据短文内容及首字母提示,填写所缺单词。

(海南中学篇)
The Amazon rainforest is home to t____1____ of different kinds of animals, plants and birds. Most of the world’s fresh water is here and the forest plants clean the Earth’s air every day.
Chico was b____2___ near the Amazon town, Brazil, in 1944 and started working when he was very young. Like the r___3____ of his family, the boy got money by taking a little rubber from the trees in the forest. (The trees are not hurt when the rubber is t___4___.)
But some people think too much about t____5____ and never think about the future.. In 1980, the forest was burned to build roads, houses and factories. Chico was so angry t___6___ he wanted to save the forest. “ Many voices are stronger than one,” he thought and held group meetings. He soon found that many people a___7____ with him. Large areas of forests were saved. L__8__, he traveled to many other countries for help. People soon became very i_____9______ in this brave Brazilian.
Chico died in 1988. T___10___ his life was short,  he changed the world’s ideas.

A Page From Li Meng’s Diary
Thursday, June 23
Today I was so happy to know that I did quite b__1____ in my last week’s science exam than before. T___2___ to Daniel, he taught me a new way of going over lessons. It is c__3____ “map idea”.
Because of the map idea, I’ve learned how to find out the m__4__ idea in every lesson. And in my mind I can draw a map of all the important k____5_____ I need to remember. It’s really good. I can remember so much in the w___6___.
I had never thought of c__7_____ the way of my study before. I was always complaining about my poor memory, but now my memory has become good b____8___ of the map idea. It made my study m__9___ easier and more enjoyable. I realized learning h__10____to learn well is the most important for us students.

If you t___1___ to some towns in India, you will be lucky e__2___to be waited upon by guides—monkeys. These monkeys are always ready to help you. When you are h___3____, you only have to point at your o__4__ stomach and they will show you to a restaurant. If you are t__5___, you put your hands behind your head and the monkeys will take you to a hotel. Do not feel s___6___, however, when they stretch their hands out in f___7____ of you after they have helped you. They just hope you can give them a little m___8___ as a tip. After you have g__9___ them the money, they will w___10_____ their hands to say good bye.

There is a lion in the f___1____. Every day he goes out to look for food. The small animals in the forest are all a____2____ of him.
Not f____3___ from the forest there are four bulls. They are good friends, and often go about together. The lion t___4___ many times to catch them, but cannot do so. Every time he comes near, the four bulls stand together to fight a____5___ him. So he can do n____6____ to them.
One day the bulls have a quarrel. After that e___7___ of them goes his own way. W___8___ the lion sees this, he is very happy. One b___9____ one he catches all the four bulls and eats t___10___ up.

A dancing robot
A new robot n___1___ Mahru is coming to people’s life in Korea this Monday. Mahru looks l___2___ a man. It can do housework for people. It can even get emotional(闹情绪) like a child when it wouldn’t do the housework. The robot can move its lips and eyebrows to make f___3____. It can a____4____ give off two kinds of fragrances(香味) when it is happy.
It can move its body freely while walking with its l___5___. Sometimes it dances to e___6___ itself. Isn’t that interesting? Mahru’s hands are also u___7___. It can move them easily when there are some obstacles (障碍) in f___8___ of it.
Scientists in Korea developed this kind of robot. They said they also developed a___9___ robot called Mahru-M. It is more interesting t___10_____Mahru. He can pass things for people.

On September 27th, Chinese astronaut Zhai Zhigang opened the door of the s___1____ and walked i____2_____ space. And m____3____ of Chinese on the earth saw his 20-minute stay there.
It t___4____ the 42-year-old Zhai 10 years to the short spacewalk. He was in the country’s airforce (空军) before he j___5____ the space program. He made a safe flight record of 950 hours as a pilot (飞行员).
He was b___6___ in a farmer’s family in northeastern Heilongjiang Province and he is the y__7___ of six children. Once he wanted to give up s____8____ because his father was ill and the whole family was supported by his mother. B___9____  his mother stopped him and asked him to go on his study and join the airforce.
“Our mother left the most influence on h___10___,” his brother Zhiqiang told the reporter. “He loved her very much.”
When the two boys, John and Peter, reached their home, it was seven o’clock. It was dark o____ but there was a light inside their home and the door was o______.They could see a man inside.
“Who could i____ be?” said Peter. “Mother and father have gone shopping. They won’t be back u______ eight o’clock.”
When the man saw Peter, he looked f_______. But he smiled and said,”Come in! You don’t know me, but I’m a friend of your f________.” The man didn’t see John.
Peter went inside and began t_______ with the man but John didn’t. He quickly ran off. He soon found a policeman and brought him back t______ their home. The man was s_________there. But when he saw the policeman , he tried to run off. The policeman caught him by the arm. Just then the boys’ parents r________.
“Is the man your friend?” the policeman asked Mr.Tuener.
“ No. He is a thief. Thanks for catching himfor us.”

“Cool” is a word w______ many meanings. Its old meaning is used to express a temperature that is a little b____ cold. As the world has changed, the w____ has had many different meanings.
“Cool” can be used to express feeling of interest in almost anything. When you see a famous car in the street,maybe you will say,” It’s c______.” You may think, “He’s so cool.” w____you see your favourite football player.
We all maximize(扩大) the meaning of “cool”. You can use it i________ of many
words such as “new” or “surprising”. Here is a_____ interesting story we can use to
show the way the word is used.  A t______ asked her students to write about the
waterfall thay had visited. On one student’s paper was j_____ one sentence, “It’s so
cool.” Maybe he thought it was the b_____ way to show what he saw and felt.

It is said that people born on different d_____ have different characteristics.
For example, people born between March 21st and April 20th are likely to be active,brave and strong. They think q______ and have strong wills. People born between April 21st and May 21st are l______ to learn more slowly, but they can remember what they learn w_____. They love children and usually have many friends.
People born between May 22nd and June 21st are bright and humourous. They like to talk and enjoy w______ fine clothes. People b____ between June 22nd and July 22nd think deeply. They would r________ hide their feelings than express them..
People born between July 23rd and August 22nd are interested in many subjects and it is interesting to hear them talk. People born between August 23rd and September 22nd are said to be calm and thoughtful. They like to read and often become s_______scientists.
If you have time, you can read a____ star signs to see if your date of birth m______ your characterstics.

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶15 踩
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:21:10 | 只看该作者
(海南中学篇)

Keys:
1.)  1.thousands             2. born                     3. rest                     4. taken               5. themselves  
6. that                        7. agreed                   8. Later                    9. interested           10.Though
2 )  1.better                    2. Thanks                   3.called              4.main                   5.knowledge
6.way                     7. changing                  8. because                   9. much                   10. how.
3 )         1.travel                    2.enough                   3.hungry             4.own                     5.tired  
6.surprised                  7.front                     8.money                     9.given                    10.wave
4 )  1.forest                         2. afraid                         3.far                         4.tries                         5.against
6.nothing                 7. each                         8.When                         9.by                         10. them
5 )        1. named                 2.like                         3.faces                         4.also                         5.legs
6. enjoy                         7.useful                         8.front                         9.another                 10. than
6)        1. spaceship                 2.into                         3.millions                 4.took                         5.joined
6.born                         7.youngest                 8.studying                 9.But                         10. him
7)        1.outside                  2.open                         3. it                          4.until                         5. frightened
6. father’s                 7. talking                 8. to                         9. still                          10.returned
8)        1. with                          2.bit                          3.word                          4.cool                         5. when
6. instead                 7. an                         8. teacher                  9.just                         10. best
9)        1.dates                         2.quickly                 3. likely                         4. well                          5.wearing  
6.born                          7.rather                        8. successful          9.about                         10. matches
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:21:25 | 只看该作者
(实验学校篇)
Football may be the most popular of all the games. People in many countries (1) a_____ the world like playing it .In the 19th (2) c_______ ,people in England first played this kind of ball. The players moved the ball with their (3)f_____. The first international game was (4 )b_____ England and Scotland in 1872. Two teams play football with (5) e_____ players on each team. Each team has one way to win. It must (6)k________ more goals than the other team. Each goal in games is one (7)p_________. Football is a round ball. Players may kick it and move it by any part of the body (8)e______ the hands .(9)O______ one player on the team can use his hands. This
(10) p________ is the goalkeeper.

If you don’t use your arms or your legs for some time, they will become weak; when you start using them again, they will gradually (逐渐地) become stronger again. Everybody knows this. Yet many people do not seem to know that it is the(1) s______ with memory. When someone says that he has a good memory, he really means that he (2)d______ give it enough chance to become
stronger.
      If a friend says that his arms and legs are weak, we (3)k______ that it is his own fault. But if he tells us that he has a poor memory, many of us think that his(4) p______ are to blame, and (5)f______ of us know that it is just his own fault.
     Have you (6)e______ found some people can’t read or write but they usually have(7)b______ memories? This is (8)b______ they cannot read or write and they(9) h______ to remember things; they cannot write them down in a little notebook. They must remember dates, names, songs and stories; so their memory is the whole time being exercised.
    So if you want a good memory,(10) l______ from these people: practise remembering.

Only Mother Love is true love . It gives everybody everything all (1)h       life. When you are still a baby, mother takes good care of you as much as (2)p        .In your (3) w         hours she always holds you in her arms. When you are ill, she sto her work right now to look after you day and night(4) a         forgets about herself. When you are growing up day (5)b        day, she feels very happy. When you are old enough to go to school, mother still looks after you all the time. On cold winter days, she always tells you to put on more clothes. She always stands in the wind (6) w       for you back from school. When you hurry to leave home for school with little breakfast, she always feels(7) w     about you at home. She usually knows about your study and spends much money on your school things. When you do well at school, you will see the brightest smile on her face.
Mother is always ready to give everything she (8)h       to her children, (9)n     
to receive. What true love that is in the (10)w       ! We will remember Mother Love for ever!

Mr Newton was a famous scientist. He liked thinking of some p___1___ and for it he was often absent minded(心不在焉). One evening, when he a___2____ home at eight o’clock, his family were out. He waited for a long time, b___3____ no one appeared. He became so worried about them that he couldn’t eat. He didn’t want to eat anything at all. Then he r___4___ his wife always took the children to the park on Wednesday and after that she would take them to the cinema. And it was W____5___ that day.
Mr Newton was no longer worried. He began to feel h___6___. He ate some bread, meat and tomatoes. After supper he fell a____7___ in the chair. Later on a little noise woke him up. He h__8___ that someone had entered the house. They slipped into(潜入) the sitting room, w__9___ turning on the lights.
Jumping off the chair, he cried, “Thieves!”
Then he heard, “What are you doing, Daddy?” Now he understood--- they were his c___10____.

Hello. Today I’d like to tell you a___1___ the fantail goldfish. Fantail goldfish can l___2___ a long time if you look after them carefully. You must make s___3___ their water is clean and you mustn’t pick them up with your h___4___. You should not put them  i___5__ the sun.
   You should f___6___ them special fish food every day. Sometimes, they e___7___ vegetables too. My fantail goldfish likes to eat peas.
When a fantail goldfish g___8____ up, it can be 20 cm long and w___9___ about 400 grams. The b____10___ of a fantail goldfish is something like an egg. Most fantail goldfish are orange, but sometimes they are black, white or green. They have long, beautiful fins.

One day a tiger caught a fox in the forest. Before the tiger could eat him up, the fox cried out, “You can’t eat me. Don’t you know that I’m k____1___ of the forest. If you eat me up, all the other a____2____ in the forest will be a___3___ with you.” The tiger didn’t b___4___ him. “How can such a small animal be king of the forest?” He asked h___5_____. “If you don’t believe me,” the fox said, “Then ,take a w____6___ with me in the forest. You can see for yourself if they are afraid of me.” The tiger thought it was a good i____7___, so they set off together. The fox walked in f____8___ and the tiger went behind. When the other animals saw the tiger c____9____, they ran away as fast as they c___10_____.
   “See for yourself, Mr Tiger,” he called out quickly. “ All the animals are afraid of me.” “Yes, yes,” the tiger said, “You are quite right.” He then let the fox go.

Advertisements are everywhere! They’re on the r__l__ and TV,in newspapers and magazines.on buses and buildings.They’re on websites and mobile phones.Companies g__2____ their products to film stars,pop stars and sports stars to u__3__ so that fans will buy them in order to copy the stars.
    Advertisements have become so common that they aren’t w__4__  any more.We don’t like advertisements, so we try not to see them. We turn o__5__ the advertisements on computers. We refuse to watch them on TV, or read them in magazines.We no longer pay attention to the posters all around us. We don’t copy the stars b__6__ we know they don’t really like the things they advertise.
    This means that advertising companies need a new w__7__ to sell.They can’t make their products “cool” by advertising.Advertisements aren’t cool,and teenagers won’t buy the things in advertisements i__8__ because the advertisements say they are fashionable. The latest way to advertise is not to advertise.
    I__9__  of using stars,companies are using teenagers. They pay them to tell their friends about new products. Teenagers don’t want to dress like everyone else and buy the things that everyone else has. They want to look d__10__ and create their own style. Teenagers don’t think it’s cool to copy the stars or buy things they’ve seen in advertisements.  

Every day we go to s____1___ and listen to the teacher,and the teacher will ask you some q____2___. Sometimes the classmates will ask you about the work of the class. When you are telling o____3___ in the class what you have found out about these subjects,remember that they will be a____4___ to hear what you are saying. You are not t____5___ part in a family conversation or having a t____6___ with friends. You are in class. There a large group of people will keep q____7___,waiting to hear what you have to s____8___. You must speak loudly and clearly e___9____ but without trying to shout so that they can h____10___ you.

It is well-known that man is much cleverer than any animal. But which is the cleverest a___1___ the animals? Some scientists t___2___ it should be Alex,an African grey parrot. He is unlike any other animal. He can really t____3___ with people!
     When he says “come here”, he really w____4___ someone to come up to him.”
     “Alex is as clever as a c____5___of 2 or 3 years old,” says Dr. Pepperberg. “He does not just repeat the s____6___ he has been taught. He u____7___ the words!”
     Alex can tell about 50 d____8___ things,name 7 colours and count from 1 to 6. Is the parrot actually thinking in the w____9___ how man does? Nobody can say. But the q___10____ is very interesting.

回复

使用道具 举报

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:21:40 | 只看该作者
(实验学校篇)
Keys:
(1) 1.around                 2. century         3. feet          4. between         5. eleven         6. kick                
7. point                 8. except                 9.Only                 10. player
(2) 1.same                 2. doesn’t         3. know   4. parents         5. few                 6. ever         7. better  
8. because                 9. have       10. learn
(3) 1.his                         2, possible         3. waking         4. and         5. by                 6. waiting
7. worried                 8. has       9. not       10. world
(4) 1. problems         2. arrived         3. but                 4. remembered                 5. Wednesday
6. hungry                 7. asleep           8. heard             9. without                         10. children
(5)        1.about                    2. live              3.sure                  4. hands                           5.in   
6.feed                   7.eat              8.grows      9.weigh                  10.body
(6) 1.king              2.animals           3. angry      4. believe                   5.himself           6. walk     
7. idea                   8.front           9. coming           10could
(7) 1.radio                  2.give             3.use                  4 working                  5.on           6 because  
7.way                  8.just                  9.Instead         10.different
(8) 1.school.                   2. questions          3. others.         4. able.                         5. taking.           
6. talk                    7. quiet.             8. say.            9. enough.                    10. hear.
(9) 1.among             2. think        3. talk         4. wants      5. child  
6. sounds                   7.understands    8. different   9. way      10. question

回复

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:21:53 | 只看该作者
(长春中学篇)
China Daily 09/29/2008
The Shenzhou VII astronauts Liu Boming, Zhai Zhigang and Jing Haipeng all returned safe and sound at 5:37 pm yesterday afternoon with a solid touchdown in the Inner Mongolia autonomous region. The process was broadcast live o 1      national television.
Spaceship commander and spacewalker Zhai Zhigang told China Central Television shortly after he and his crew were helped out of the re-entry capsule: "It was a glorious mission(使命), f   2     of challenges with a perfect ending. I feel p    3  of our motherland."
The three heroic astronauts will have to wait u   4       this morning before they can return to their homes. Before then, they were arranged for a full night's rest in Hohhot, the c   5  of Inner Mongolia.
Zhai, a 42-year-old astronaut from Heilongjiang Province, got his place in the h   6   books with his 20-minute spacewalk on Saturday. "Greetings to the Chinese people and the people of the world," Zhai said as he floated out of Shenzhou VII slowly . Liu stayed inside the orbital module to assist him w    7  Jing monitored the operation from the re-entry capsule.
President Hu Jintao watched the spacewalk from the Beijing center with a number of other State l  8  . Shortly afterward, Hu told the astronauts in a televised telephone exchange: "Your s   9  represents a breakthrough in our manned space program, the motherland and the people are t  10       to you."

China has decided to take a   1    to stop the use of free plastic bags. S   2   ,shops and outlets(经销店)in China will not be allowed to o   3    plastic bags.
Every year, people u   4     too many plastic bags and fail to deal with them in a right way, wasting the oil and littering the c      5  .  While we provide quick and useful s  6    for customers, the plastic bags cause s      7 pollution and waste of energy as well. The g   8       encourages people to go back to carrying cloth bags and using b  9        for their vegetable. Then ,we’re sure the e   10     will be better.

If you don’t use your arms or your legs for some time, they will become weak;when you start using them again,they will gradually(逐渐地)become stronger again. Everybody knows this. Yet many people do not seem to know that it is the s   1     as memory. When someone says that he has a bad memory, he really means that he doesn’t give it enough c  2    to become stronger.
    If a friend says that his arms and legs are weak, we k  3       that it is his own fault. But if he tells us that he has a poor memory, many of us think that his p  4    are to blame, and f 5    of us know that it is just his own fault.
    Have you e 6    found some people can’t read or write but they usually have better memories? This is b   7   they cannot read or write and they h  8     to remember things; they cannot write them down in a little notebook. They must remember dates, names, songs and stories; so their memoru is the whole time being exercised.
   So if you want a good memory, l   9   from these people: p 10       remembering.

(长春中学篇)

Keys
1)        1.on                 2. full                 3.proud                 4.until                 5.capital        
6.history         7.while                 8 .leaders         9.success         10. thankful
2)        1.action                2.Supermarkets         3.offer        4. use                 5.country
6. service                7.serious         8.government 9.baskets         10.enviroment
3)        1.same                2.chance         3.know                4. parents         5.few
6. ever                7.because         8.have                 9.learn                 10.practise

回复

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:22:06 | 只看该作者
(开发区中学篇)
The weather in Britain c______ very quickly. One day may be fine and the n____ day may be wet. The morning may be w____ and the evening may be cool. You may go to bed with the stars shinning brightly, and w_____ up with rain falling heavily. This is what we mean when we say that the weather is very “changeable”.
In some parts of the world you can be quite sure what the weather is going to be l____. You can make your plans f___ the next day or even for the next week, knowing exactly what sort of weather to expect. It is much m____ difficult to do this in Britain. It may be fine today and you may arrange(安排)to go to the countryside tomorrow. But when tomorrow comes, you may find that you have to g____ it up because it is too w____. Making plans for activities(活动)out of d_____ in Britain is therefore rather difficult.

Some people say they have an answer to the p_______ of car crowding and pollution. In many cities, h_______ of people ride bikes to work every day. In New York City, some bike riders have even founded(建立) a group Bike for a Better City. They say if more people rode bikes to work, there would be fewer cars and l_____ dirty air.
For several years this group has t______ to get help for bike riders. They want to have special(专用的)roads for bikes only, b_______ when bike riders must use the same roads beside cars, there may be accidents. Bike for a Better City feels if there were bike roads, more people w_____ use bikes.
But no bike roads have been ready yet. N___ everyone thinks it is a good idea. Drivers don’t like it, and some shop owners(店主)don’t, e_____. And most people live too far from the city t____ travel by bike. Still, something has been done about it. On Saturdays and Sundays, the largest open park in New York is c______ to cars, and the roads may be used by bikes only, but the group still says this is not enough and goes on fighting to get bike roads.

Andy was born in China 15 years ago.In 2005, she m_____ to the USA with her family.As a high school student,she has found many differences b______ Chinese and Americans:
  About money
  1) Americans like to spend more than they have,so many of them are always in debt(欠债).But Chinese usually spend l____ than they have, so many of them always have m_____  left in the bank.
  2) The American kids themselves make their own money.Most Chinese kids always a ____ their parents for money.
3) Many American parents think there is n_____  need to send their children to an expensive university.It’s different in China.Many Chinese parents would do anything to send their children to expensive universities t_____ their family isn’t rich enough.
  About school
  1) Many American girls take part in sports,dancing and singing groups while many Chinese girls take part in study groups.
  2) Many American students think that B is good while many Chinese students think that B is too b______ .
  About friends
Most American parents let their sons or daughters make friends by t ______. They never ask them about their friends while Chinese parents usually enjoy knowing more about their children’s friends i_____  many different ways,and usually stop them from staying out too late with friends.

Mr Brown had an umbrella shop in a small town. People sometimes  b                      him broken umbrellas, and then he took them to a big shop in London. They were  r                        there.
One day Mr Brown went to London by train. He  f         to take an umbrella with him that day. Sitting in front of him was a man with an umbrella standing  b            the seat. When the train arrived in London, Mr Brown  p          up the umbrella as he often did during his journey by train. Just as he was getting off, he was s          by the man. He said angrily, “That’s m           !” Mr Brown’ s face turned red and he gave it back to the man at once.
When Mr Brown got to the big shop, the shopkeeper had got his six umbrellas r        . After a good look at  a            of them, he said, “You’ve mended them very well.”
In the afternoon he got into the train again. The same man was in the same seat. He looked at Mr Brown and his six umbrellas, “You’ve had a l            day,” he said.
     These years, with the development of society, more and more teenagers have s        from stress. Some of the problems can make them feel very  w             and unhappy all day. Who can help them? A teacher from a college tried his best to help them. He t            of a lot of ways to help them.  On Monday and Thursday, you can v            him. Here are some ideas how to keep the young men healthier in every way.
  F         , it is very important to keep healthy. To get enough sleep every day is also necessary. Try to have a healthy d          . Secondly, maybe you are not the top students. It doesn’t m            . The most important thing is to work hard. If you try your best, your teachers and parents will understand you. If you have some problems, you should be a          to talk with your teachers and parents. They can help you. Remember to s           your happiness and s          with your good friends. Sometimes you can go out for a walk.
In a word, you can try to make you happy by yourselves. I’m sure you can be happy every day.
Life gets noisier every day and very f            people can be free from noise of some kind or another. Whether you live in the centre of a m          city or a village far away , the chances that you will be disturbed by planes, cars, radios, etc. are almost everywhere. We seem to be used to noise, too. Some people feel quite lonely w           background music while they are working.
  Tests have s          that total silence can be very frightening experiences. H         , some people enjoy listening to pop music which is very loud, and this can do harm to their ears. The noise level in some places is far a          the usual safety level for heavy industrial areas.
  One recent r          about noise said that although a lot of people say that any noise disturbs their attention, only a sudden change  in the level of noise really a         people’s attention. It goes on to say that a background noise, which doesn’t change too much (music, for example) may even help people to pay attention.
  People are testing ways to make less noise. There are even laws c            noise. We can’t  r              to the “ good old days ” of peace and quiet. But we can make less noise if we shout loudly enough about it

回复

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-28 12:22:25 | 只看该作者
(开发区中学篇)

Keys:
1)1.changes 2. next  3. warm  4. wake  5. like  6. for  7.more  8. give 9. wet
10. doors
2)1.problems  2. hundreds  3. less  4. tried  5. because  6. would   7.Not  
8. either    9. to  10. closed
3)1.moved  2.between  3.less  4.money  5.ask  6.no  7.though  8.bad 9.themselves    10.in
4)1. brought  2.repaired  3.forgot  4.beside  5.picked  6.stopped 7.mine  8.ready   
9. all     10.lucky
5)1.suffered  2.worried  3.thought  4.visit  5.Firstly  6.diet  7.matter  8.able 9.share    10.sadness
6)1.few    2.modern     3.without    4.shown   5.However  6.above  7.report  8.affects      9.controlling  10.return

(东洲中学篇)
We have been in Australia for three days. We’re having a g  1    time here. Australia is the sixth largest country in the world. There is so m   2    to see that it is impossible for me to tell you everything. Sydney is a beautiful city. There are many big t   3   and beautiful flowers around the houses and they l   4   really beautiful. There are also some special a   5    in Australia, such as kangaroos and koalas. They are really lovely.
        During the past three days we’ve visited many p  6    of interest around Sydney. I’d like to spend more time here. But we will f   7   to another city, Cairns, to see coral beds (珊瑚礁) tomorrow. It is said that words cannot d   8    the beauty of the colourful corals. Many famous cartoon films were made there. Now we are b   9    packing our bags so that we will not lose time when we leave. We can enjoy o    10   in Cairns this time tomorrow. I’m looking forward to going there!
        At different times in a man’s life, his food has different effects on his body. Among children food quickly changes to the p   1   to run and play games. Most of a young man’s food is spent on g   2     taller. We grow upwards only d    3     the first twenty years of our l   4      , not later. Working men get their strong b   5    from their food; and if they work h  6    , they do not get fat. Office workers eat well and s    7     down a lot, and they may begin to grow fat w   8     they are still quite young. Many older people try to work much and walk often. Perhaps the most d   9    time is when a man reaches sixty years fat will b    10     restful, without much work or interests. This is when food changes quickly to fat.

A girl’s eight-year travel in Tibet
“For those who haven’t been to Tibet, Tibet is dream; for those who have a   1    been there, Tibet is a remembrance(记忆).”said Li Wan, a graduate f   2    Zhongshan University. “To local Tibetans, Tibet is a way of life. But to me, living there is my like-time goal.”
Ms. Li suddenly showed her strong i   3     in Tibet after having worked in a company for less than three months. Since 1998, Li has been s   4    most of her time in a war that is a challenge to her life-she has got to almost every c    5     of Tibet within 8 years.
Li’s first trip to Tibet was only out of her loving freedom. She entered Tibet along the Yunnan-Tibetan road. Although she couldn’t speak a word of Tibetan language, this did not really s___6  her from talking with local p   7    successfully. “To me, they are free, happy and c   8     to nature. It appears to me that people should live in this w    9   , singing while working, dancing while living,” Li said.
Li d    10     Tibet in words and photos. “My goal in the next ten years is to make a good documentary.” said Li.

In many big cities in the world, the overuse of cars is thought to be one of the major causes of air pollution. What will cars be l_____ in the future?
Some experts think that today’s cars are in trouble b______ they use too much petrol. They say the car of the future will be much, much smaller. The car of tomorrow will be m_______ without a motor or air conditioning. It’ll have no radio and no lights. Tomorrow’s car will be an o______ air car with no doors or windows. It needn’t have a pollution control system because it w______ use petrol. In fact, this new car will be pushed by the driver’s feet. Very few people will be killed in accidents, because the s______ will be five miles per hour. However, we are also warned not to ask for pretty c_____, because the cars will come in grey only.
Other car experts do not hold the same idea. They are s_______ that the future will be happier. They think that all our problems will soon be solved by car companies with the production of the Supercar. Tomorrow’s car will be bigger, faster, and more comfortable than b_______ .The Supercar will have four rooms, TVs, running water, heat, air conditioning, and maybe a swimming pool. Large families will travel on l_______ trips comfortably. If petrol is short supply, the Supercar will run on water.  
Knowing how to use a computer is nessential skill for everyone w______ wants to succeed in today’s world. One basic computer program that everyone should learn to use is the word processing program. Most types of writing are e_______ produced with a word processing program. For e________, everyone must sometimes write a business letter. Using a computer allows you to arrange and rearrange information easily, making your writing more c_______ and exactly correct. Word processing programs can help you check your s________ and grammar. A computer makes it easy to correct m_________ .
Computers can be u________ for more than word processing, however. Other areas are picture design, programming, and creating new g_________ .Jobs i________ the computer field are growing, and strong computer skills can s_______ you well now and into the future.
Our world is g___1___smaller and smaller. Miss Yamada can fly around the world i_____2____less than 50 hours. The n_____3_______planes go 600miles an h____4_____.We are now making planes that are even f______5_____. But it u_____6____to take a lot longer to go a_____7_____ the world. Magellan’s men were the f_____8_____ to make the trip. It t____9______them more than two years. They went by s___10_____.
The sun ,the moon and the stars are in the s_____1_____. We see the sun i______2_____ the day and the moon and the stars at night. We see well during the day because it is light. We do not see so w______3_____at night because it is d____4____.
Daylight comes from the sun. The sun gives a b_____5_____ light, but the moon gives only afaint (暗淡的) light.
If we d____6_____ the curtains, it will keep dark in the room.. When it is dark, we must t____7____on the light if we want to see. The sun r_____8______in the east and goes down in the w_____9______.Day begins in the morning and ends in the evening.N____10______begins in the evening and ends in the morning.

Can animals be made to work for people? Some scientists think that one day animals may be trained to do a number of simple jobs i_____1_____of people. They say that at a circus (杂技场) we may see elephants, monkeys, dogs and other animals doing q____2_____skillful things. You may find that the trainer always g____3_____the animal some sugar o____4____a piece of fruit as a reward. The scientists say that many d_____5_____animals may be trained to do different things .If they know they will get a reward f_____6____doing that. Of course, as we know, dogs can be trained to look after a house, and soldiers in both old and modern t____7____have used geese to give w_____8______by m____9_____a lot of noise when an enemy comes near. And also it may be possible to train animals to work in f____10____or factories.

There are two deaf men in a small v____1_____. One is Mr White and the o___2______is Mr Green. They live near each other. They are good friends.
Mr White and Mr Green often talk together. They talk about all k__3___of things. Sometimes they are w___4___ about their hearing. But one thinks the other is much deafer.
One day Mr Green comes to see Mr White . Mr White is s__5____ in an armchair. He is having a rest. Mr Green stops a__6__ the door and asks, “can you hear me?” There is no a__7___. Mr Green goes nearer and asks again, “can you hear me?”A__8____ he doesn’t hear any answers. Mr Green is very h__9____. Still he goes nearer and asks for the t__10____ time. “Can you hear me?” Still there is no answer. At last Mr Green goes up to Mr White and shouts, “Now I know you are much deafer than me. You didn’t hear my questions.”
“I am much deafer?” says Mr White , “ No, I answered you three times, but you did not hear me.”
I am from Liverpool, a city w___1___ a long history in the north-west of England. Liverpool is next to the sea. A big river c___2___ the River Mersey finishes here. The river runs t____3____ the city and into the sea.
Liverpool is very old . In 2007, it c___4____ its 800th birthday. The city has over 2,500 protected buildings. One area of Liverpool is so special t___5___ it is a UNESCO world Heritage Site, just like the Summer Palace and the Great Wall in China. H__6____, a lot of the city is very modern. There are many shops and cinemas. The city has three large universities and many small o___7____. There are eight theatres. In 2008, Liverpool was the European City of Culture.
Liverpool is famous for its music. The most famous band from Liverpool is the Beatles. Liverpool is a___8___ famous for sport, especially football. Liverpool Football Club is well k__9_____ all over the world.
I love Liverpool . It is a great city with many things to see and do. I hope you can come and v____10____ me one day.

Animals w___1___ six legs are called insects. There are more insects than any o____2__ kind of animals . Some insects such as locusts(蝗虫) eat crops. They are people’s e___3____.
We all know that some animals eat insects. Birds eat insects, and fish eat insects, too. They are farmers’ friends.
But do you know some kinds insects eat other insects? They’re also the friends of farmers. The dragonfly is one of them.
Many people are a____4____ of the dragonfly. But it is a friendly insect. It h__5______ to kill insects, especially  mosquitoes. A dragonfly may have as many as one hundred mosquitoes in i____6________ mouth at one time. Some dragonflies eat while they are flying, but others like to come down to the ground before eating their meals.
The dragonfly cannot walk, b__7______ all its legs are at the very front of its body. But it has two pairs of strong w____8_____. The dragonfly is one of the fastest insects in the world.
The dragonfly can see very w___9___. It can see a moving insect far away.
But the life of the dragonfly is s____10_____. They can’t live in cold weather.

A young officer was at the railway station. O__1____ his way home, he wanted to t____2_____ his mother to tell her the time of his train, so that she could m__3_____ him at the station in her car. He looked in all his pockets, but f__4_____ that he did not have the right money f___5__ the telephone, so he went outside and looked a__6______ for someone to help him. At last an old soldier came by, and the young officer s__7_____ him and said, “Have you got change for ten pence?”
“wait a moment,” the old soldier answered , beginning to put his hand in his pocket, “I’ll see w___8______ I can help you.”
“Don’t you know how to s___9_____ to an officer”?  the young man said a__10_____, “Now let’s start again, Have you got change for ten pence?”
“No, sir.” The old man answered quickly.
One of the tallest and most i___1____ animals in the world is the giraffe. Giraffes are usually about six meters tall. They are more than three meters high than elephants. Half of the giraffe’s h___2____ comes from its neck and the neck is l__3_____ than its legs.
Giraffes like to live in small g___4_____and have meals with other animals. A baby giraffe is two meters tall at b__5_____ . It can stand by itself w___6____ a few minutes and can eat in about two days.
Giraffes have two ways to p___7_____ themselves. If they are in d__8______, one way is that they can run away a__9_____ about 30 miles per hour, the other way is that they can s__10____ to fight with their strong legs .

All the students n___1____ to have good habits. When you have good habits, you will learn lessons q____2_____ . You can also remember them b___3____.
Do you like to study in the living room? This is not a good place, because it is usually too n___4_____. You need to study in a quiet place, like your bedroom. A quiet place will help focus your a___5_______ on only one thing.
When you study, don’t think about o___6___ things at the same time. Only think about your work. If you do this, you will do your work more quickly, and you will make f__7_____ mistakes.
Good study habits are very i___8_____. If you don’t have them, try to l__9____ them. If you are already good a__10_____ them, try to become better.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 22:13

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表