只需一步,快速开始

楼主: admin
打印 上一主题 下一主题

新目标初中九年级下册英语全册教案下载DOC

[复制链接]
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-1 19:20:00 | 只看该作者
fixed up the big machine.
give away: The writer gave away his books to a library.
Step Ⅵ 2a
This activity provides listening practice using target language. Call the students’ attention to the four pictures. Tell them the boy’s name is Jimmy. Read the instructions to the class. Your task is to number the pictures the correct order while you are listening to the conversation on the tape. But I want to ask you to guess the answer without listening now.
Try to put the four pictures in a certain order to show a story of Jimmy by yourselves now. I’ll see whose answers ant correct after we finish doing the listening practice.
Then have them give their own order by guessing. After a while, ask several ones to tell their answers to the whole class.
Collect two or three answers which many students support on the blackboard.
Next, ask some students to tell their own stories on the pictures according to their own orders. For example, if someone’s answer is a. 4 b. 2 c. 1 d. 3. he or she
may tell a story like this:
Jimmy got an old bike from someone. He fixed it up by himself. After he repaired it, he wanted to sell it to someone/he gave it away to someone. At last, he emptied both of his pockets.
It seemed that he had run out of his money.
The stories will vary. Ask them to work in pairs. Each one has to tell a story to the partner.
After that, ask the students to get ready to listen.
Say, We will hear a radio program. A man is interviewing a boy. Write a number in each short line next to each picture while you are listening. Your numbers should be from 1 through 4 and show which thing they talk about first, second, third and fourth.
Play the recording the first time.
Students only listen.
Then play the recording again. Ask students to number the pictures.
Check the answers. Remember to say congratulations to the children who guessed correctly.
Answers
The pictures should be numbered in the following order:
a. 4 b. 2 c. 1 d. 3
Tapescript
Man: This morning I’m talking with a very generous young man, Jimmy the Bike boy. Jimmy is the boy who fixes up old bikes and gives them away. Good morning, Jimmy.
Boy: Good morning.
Man: So, Jimmy, tell our listeners what you do.
Boy: Well, as you just said. I find or buy old bikes that nobody wants. Then I fix up the bikes and give them away to kids who don’t have enough money to buy their own bikes.
Man: That’s fantastic. What gave you the idea?
Boy: I guess I take after my father. He’s always helping people.
Man: Wow! Your parents must be proud of you.
Boy: I guess so. But now I’ve run out of money to buy old bikes.
Man: Oh, that’s too had.
Boy: Yeah. I need to come up with some way of getting money, or I’ll have to stop.
Step Ⅴ 2b
This activity provides listening practice using the target language.
Read the instructions together with the children. Make sure that everyone knows what to do.
Call the students’ attention to the box.
Ask four students to read the four sentences to the class.
Point to the list of statements and true/false choices.
We will listen to the same recording again. Before I play the recording, let’s do like this. —If you can remember the contents of the conversation, please you’re your answers; if you can’t remember the contents, please just guess the answers. It doesn’t matter whether your answers are right or wrong.
After a while, have the students get ready to listen.
Play the recording again. Ask the students to circle the correct answer to each question—T for true or F for false.
Check the answer. Remember to say congratulations to the students who had a good guess before listening.
Answers
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. T
Step Ⅵ 2c
This activity provides guide oral practice using the target language.
First, play the recording of this lesson again, The students repeat after it. Let the students read after the tape at least twice. Tell them to try their best to copy the pronunciation of the recording.
Read the instructions to the class. Tell them they will practice the
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
conversation between Jimmy and the reporter, using the information in the Activities 2a and 2b.
Ask a pair of the students to read the model conversation.
SA:What do you do, Jimmy?
SB: I fix up bikes and give them away.
Write the conversation on the blackboard.
Then let them practice their own conversations in pairs.
As the pairs work together, more around the room offering help as needed.
Ask several pairs to share their conversations with the class.
Step Ⅶ Summary
Say, In this class, we’ve learned how to use some new phrasal verbs first. And
we’ve done much listening practice on the target language. At last, we did some oral practice by making our own conversations.
Step Ⅷ Homework
1. Make up one more sentence with each of the phrasal verbs in Activity lb.
2. Write out the conversations that you made by yourselves in Activity 2c.
Step IX Blackboard Design
Unit 8 I’ll help clean up the city parks.
Section B
The Fourth Period
Target language:
A: What do you do, Jimmy?
B:I fix up bikes and give them away.

The 5th Period
Ⅰ. Teaching Aims and Demands
Knowledge Objects
(1) Key Vocabulary
call up, hand out, call-in(=phone in), strategy, work out
(2) The new and old phrasal verbs.
(3) The reading passage.
2. Ability Objects
(1) Train the students’ reading skill on how to make notes.
(2) Train the students how to use the phrasal verbs.
(3) Train the students’ writing and speaking skills.
3. Moral Object
If you get in trouble in your volunteer work, go to the people around you to ask for help.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points
1. To help the children understand the article.
2. To teach the new phrasal verbs.
3. To direct the students how to make notes based on an article.
Ⅲ. Teaching Difficult Points
1. Teaching the new phrasal verbs.
2. Directing the children to make notes based on an article.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
1. Giving examples
2. Asking questions
3. Making notes
4. Brainstorming
Ⅴ. Teaching Aids
Some pictures on volunteer work, especially a picture on repairing bikes.
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step I Revision
1. Revise the phrasal verbs that taught last class by asking students to make sentences with them again.
2. Check homework by asking students to read their sentences and conversations to the class. Tell them to hand in their homework.
3. Revise the story about Jimmy. Ask two or three students to tell the story to the class, showing the picture of repairing bikes to remind them.
Step Ⅱ 3a
This activity provides reading and writing practice using the target language.
We have learned something about Jimmy.
We know he is a Bike boy. He fixes up old bikes and gives them away. But he ran out of his money to buy old bikes last week. Has he come up with any way of getting money? or Will he have to stop?
Let’s find out the answer in the article in
Activity 3a. Please read the article once quickly and tell me the answer.
Have the students scan the passage and catch the main idea of it. After around two minutes, Ask the question again.
Step Ⅲ 3h
This activity provides reading and writing practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the students.
We knew Jimmy had solved his problem.
What things did he do to solve his problem? Please make a note of the things that Jimmy did to solve his problem.
Ask a student to read the sample sentence in the book. Tell them to write out the things that Jimmy did. Use the sample sentence as a model. And they can reread the article to search for the answers. Let the students complete the work on their own.
Walk around the room while they are writing, checking progress and correcting the mistakes they may make while writing.
After they all finish writing, ask a few students to give their answers. Point out the mistakes they may have made in writing.
Who can tell me the main idea of the article now?
Ask some students to answer with the main idea. They may answer like this:
Jimmy has come up with some ways of getting old bikes, so he will not
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
have to stop fixing up and giving away old bikes.
They can answer in their own language.
After that, write the following words and phrases on the blackboard.
call up, hand out, work Out, call-in, strategy
Tell them to note these new words and phrases in the article, ask children to read the article again. Tell them to read in context, guessing the meanings of new words
and phrases from the other words around them.
Students read the article again for comprehension this time. Allow them to read a little longer this time.
After a while, point to the new words and phrases on the blackboard and let the students guess the meanings of them. The teacher does some explanation at the same time.
Look at the blackboard now. Let’s explain these new words and phrases one by one.
First, let’s see call up. Who can tell me the meaning of it by reading?
Ask several students to tell the meaning of it by guessing. Some of the children might get the correct meaning. Say congratulations to any children who can tell the right meaning. If no one can tell the correct meaning. Explain it to the class.
Tell them call up means make a telephone call.
After explaining, provide another example to the children, for example, Call me up tomorrow.
Ask the students to make some sentences with it if time permits. Let them do it as homework if there is no enough time in class.
Do the same with the other new words and phrases on the blackboard. Explain each one and give at least one example for each new word or phrase.
Get the students to read the instructions together.
Say, Read the article a third time now.
Please underline all the phrasal verbs while you are reading.
Ask students to complete the work on their own.
Get some students to tell the class their answers. Check the answers with the whole class.
Answers
cheer up, run out, put up, called up, handed out, set up, come up with, fix up, give away.
Then have them work in pairs. Tell them to check each other’s answers carefully and point out the mistakes their partners may have made. Tell them to help each other like this as often as possible.
Write the correct answers on the blackboard to help them.
After checking the answers, ask the students to read the article loudly. Teach them to read the new words or even the whole text before they start reading if necessary.
Ask them to read for a while, ask one or two to read it to the class, correcting any pronunciation errors they may make.
Then ask the whole class to practice reading in pairs. Tell them to read the article loudly in turns in pairs. The one who is listening has to point out his or her partner’s pronunciation errors and help to correct them. If they are not sure about any words, tell them to ask for help from the teacher.
After practice reading the article, ask if they have any words or sentences they don’t understand. Tell them to raise their hands and say which words and sentences they don’t understand.
Help solve the problems.
Answers
1. He did a radio interview.
2. He put up signs.
3. He called up friends.
4. He handed out advertisements.
5. He told teachers.
Step Ⅳ Part 4
This activity provides reading, writing, listening and speaking practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the class.
Let’s do it in groups of four. Each group will have to brainstorm a plan for helping out in your community. Talk about it and make notes on where you will help and what you will do.
Each group has to write out your own list of possible places and volunteer activities first.
Point out the chart in Activity 4. Tell them to note the two given statements Where and What.
Your task is to write the places after the word Where and the volunteer activities after the word What.
Show some pictures or signs on volunteer activities to help the children come up with some ideas.
For example, show the class a picture of helping clean up the city parks. Where will you help? The students may answer with the city parks. Then continue asking what will you do there. The students may
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
answer. "We will pick up plastic bags and papers."
Write the place and the volunteer work on the blackboard like this:
Where 1. the city parks 2.…
What 1. pick up plastic bags and papers 2.…
Let the students work in fours. Brainstorm their plans and write their own lists, using the answers on the blackboard as a model.
Walk around the classroom, offering help as necessary.
After they all finish brainstorming and writing, tell them to practice together what they will say to the class.
Each group will have to report your plan to the class. Now practice together what you will say. You can select one to report mainly and the others complete or you can say in turns. Each one tells about one place. And you can also have one write notes on the board if you wish.
Let them practice for a while. Then ask each group to make their presentations.
They may begin like this:
We plan to go to the city parks. We will help clean up the city parks by picking up the plastic bags and papers.

They can say in their own words.
Sample answers:
Where: 1. the city parks 2. the hospital
3. the primary school 4. the elderly people’s houses 5. …
What: 1. help clean up the parks
2. cheer up the sick kids
3. coach a football team for little kids
4. help do the housework
5. …
Step Ⅴ Summary
Say, In this class, we’ve read an article about Jimmy. We’ve known Jimmy has got sixteen bikes to fix up and give away.
And we’ve learned to make reading notes. We have done some reading, writing, listening and speaking practice using the target language through groupwork.
Step Ⅵ Homework
1. Make one sentence with each of the phrasal verbs below, call up, hand out, work out, run out, set up, fix up.
2. Try to remember the new words on page 64.
Step Ⅶ Blackboard Design
Section B The Fifth Period
New words and phrases in Activity 3a:
call up, hand out, work out, call-in, strategy.
Answer to Activity 3a:
cheer up, run out, put up, called up, handed out, set up, come up with, fix up, give away.
Answers to Activity 3b:
1. He did a radio interview.
2. He put up signs.
3. He called up friends.
4. He handed out advertisements.
5. He told teachers.
Sample answers to Activity 4:
Where: 1. the city parks 2. …
What:  1. pick up plastic bags and papers

The 6th Period
1. Knowledge Objects
(1)Using these phrasal verbs correctly.
give away, take after, come up with, give out, hang out
(2) Writing an article using the notes given
2. Ability Objects
(1) Train the students to use the phrasal verbs.
give away, take after, come up with, give out and hang out.
(2)Train students’ writing skill.
3. Moral Object
What do you want to be in the future? Try to come up with an idea to get much volunteer experience. It will be good for both you and the others.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points
1. Help the students have a self check on the key words and target language of this unit.
2. Practice using the phrasal verbs give away, take after come up with, give out and hang out.
3. Direct the students to write an article according to the notes given.
1. The students make sentences with the phrasal verbs.
2. Write the article with the notes given.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
1. Teaching by providing sample sentences
2. Teaching by providing sample article
Ⅴ. Teaching Aid
A picture of a young woman who is singing.
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step I Revision
1. Check the homework by asking the children to show their sentences. Ask some to share their sentences with the class.
2. Dictate some new words on page 64.
Step Ⅱ Part 1
This activity focuses or vocabulary introduced in the unit. Ask a student to read the instructions.
We have two tasks now. First let’s fill in the blanks. Look at the words given in the box. They are all phrasal verbs. Do you know the meaning of each phrasal verb?
Who has any problem? Show me by raising your hands.
回复

使用道具 举报

12#
Help solve the problems. Do some explanation if necessary. For example, if someone is not sure about hang out, tell him or her, hang out means spend one’s time lazily.
Let them do the work individually. Tell them to choose a correct verb for each blank and note to use the correct forms of the verbs.
In some cases, you may need to use an other form of the word, for example adjusting for tense, subject or verb agreement. Move around the room as they write, offering help as needed. Try to remember the common mistakes they may make.
After they are finished, ask five different students to read their answers to the class. Correct any mistakes they may have made, especially the verb forms. Encourage the other students to point out their mistakes and help correct them. Point out the common mistakes they may have made at last. After checking the answers together, ask the whole class to check the answers in pairs, exchanging their books and have a careful check. Point out their partner’s mistakes and help correct them.
Let the students read the five sentences loudly several times after making sure they all have got right answers.
Then go on with the second task. Use the first phrase, give away, as an example.
Ask several students to make sentences with it orally.
Such as, Jimmy gives away old bikes.
Then ask the children to make their own sentences with the phrasal verbs given.
Each one writes the sentences on a piece of paper.
Move around the classroom while they are writing, checking progress and offering help.
Ask some students to share their sentences to the class by reading their sentences to the class. Correct any mistakes they may have made.
Ask all the children to hand in their papers.
Answers
1. give out 2. came up with 3. gave away 4. hang out 5. takes after
Some sample sentences
1. Jimmy gives away old bikes to children who don’t have bikes.
2. Tom takes after his uncle.
3. The boy has come up with a good plan to enjoy his holiday.
4. The volunteers are giving out the advertisements now.
5. Ladies always like hanging out at the shops on weekends.
Step Ⅲ Part 2
This activity provides reading, writing, listening and speaking practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the students.
We’ll have to write an article using the notes in the box. The article will tell what happens to Sally. At first, let’s see the first sample sentence given in the book.
Ask a student to read the sentence. Tell them to note how the writer combined these phrases into one sentence.
Then tell the students to try to say out the next sentence. Let them think for a while first. Then ask several children to say their sentences. They may say a sentence like this:
As a volunteer, she sings at a local hospital to cheer up sick people.
Then go on with the third sentence, then the fourth one. Help the students to think out and say out all the sentences.
After combining the phrases into sentences orally, tell the students to put all the sentences together to write an article by themselves. Tell them to go on writing after the first sample sentence on their books.
Move around the classroom. Note to remember whose articles are very successful and whose have some mistakes. Offer help as much as possible:
After they all finish writing, ask some students whose articles have some mistakes to read theirs to the class. Let the rest of the class help correct the mistakes.
Then ask some students who have written successfully to read theirs. At last, the teacher reads the sample article in the teacher’s book to the class, showing a picture in which a young woman is singing.
Tell them to exchange their articles with their partners and help each other.
Ask the students to rewrite their articles to make the article perfect after class.
Sample answers:
Sally Langenthal is a young woman who wants to be a professional singer. As a volunteer, she sings at a local hospital to cheer up sick people. And she also sings at schools. But after she ran out of money for singing lessons, she came
回复

使用道具 举报

13#
up with ideas for making money. She put up signs asking for singing jobs and also called up parents offering singing lessons for children. Now she will be able to continue her lessons and become a professional singer.
Step Ⅳ Just for Fun!
This activity provides reading and speaking practice with the target language.
Call the students’ attention to the cartoon pictures. Tell them to see what happens.
Ask the students to read the conversation in the first picture together.
Then ask them what is funny about this cartoon. Help the students to answer like this:
The boy has been trying to make the person stop crying because he thinks the person is sad, but the person is really crying because of the onions.
Step Ⅴ Summary
Say, In this class, we’ve practiced using some phrasal verbs and we’ve written an article based on the notes given. At last, we enjoyed a funny cartoon. All of you have done very well.
Step Ⅵ Homework
1. Revise all the language points in this unit.
2. Finish off the exercises on pages 32~34 of the workbook.
3. Make another more sentence with each phrasal verbs below, give away, take after, come up with, give out, hang out.
4. Rewrite the article.
Step Ⅶ Blackboard Design
Self check
The Sixth Period
Answers to Activity 1:
1. give out   2. came up with
3. gave away  4. hang out
5. takes after
Some sample sentences to Activity 1:
1. Jimmy gives away old bikes to children who don’t have bikes.
2. Tom takes after his uncle.
3. The boy has come up with a good plan to enjoy his holiday,
4. The volunteers are giving out the advertisements now.
5. Ladies always like hanging out at the shops on weekends.

Unit 8 I’ll help clean up the city parks
The 7th Period
Reading: No problem!
1. Knowledge Objects
(1) Key Vocabulary
solve, complain, your concern, trust, wheelchair, brilliant and so on.
(2) Text: No problem!
2. Ability Objects
Train students’ ability of identify main idea.
Train students’ ability of understanding words in context.
Train students’ ability of reading for special information.
3. Moral Object
Help your family and friends to solve the life’s big or small problems with the ways you have learnt.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points
1. Key vocabulary.
2. Read the text to identify main idea.
3. Read the text to understand words in context.
4. Read the text for special information.
1. Train students’ reading skill.
2. Train students’ writing skill.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
1. Up-down reading methods
2. Pairwork
3. Groupwork
Ⅴ. Teaching Aid
A Projector
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step Ⅰ Part 1
This activity allows students to activate their background knowledge before attempting the reading.
Call the students’ attention to the title of the article.
Tell me the title of the article, please.
Yes, it’s No problem. What do you think the article is about based on the title?
Ask one or two to tell what they think of based on the title.
Then ask the students to look at the picture on this page. Say, Look at the picture, please. What can you see in it?
What is happening?
Ask one student to answer the questions.
He or she my say:
I can see two women quarrelling in the picture.
Then ask the whole class. Which student in your class do you think has the least problems? What does he or she do differently?
Choose one student to tell his own answer. He or she may say like this:
I think Li Hua has the least problems in our class. She seldom complains about the homework and she has never quarreled with any other student in our class.
Then tell the students to discuss the questions with their partners.
Tell them to give their own answers and not to read the article.
As they discuss, walk around the room looking at their progress. Once most students are finished, ask several pairs to report their results to the class. Let the whole class compare their answers.
Step Ⅱ Part 2
This activity encourages students to read quickly for the
回复

使用道具 举报

14#
main idea and then support the main idea with one detail. Ask one student to read the instructions to the class. Make sure that all the children know what to do.
Call the students’ attention to the chart.
Have the students read the four headings together. Then tell them to see the example answer in the column of Explanation.
Say, Now please read the article quickly and note to catch the main idea of each part. Fill in the forms with complete sentences like the example given.
Ask the students to complete the task individually. More around the classroom while they are reading and writing, checking their progress and trying to find out what are difficult for them. After they all finish filling in the blanks, have some students to report their answers to the class.
The answers can vary, but they have to express the main idea with correct complete sentences.
Let the other students decide whether their answers are right or wrong and help correct the mistakes they may make.
Offer some help in combining sentences to the children.
Then ask the children to exchange their writing with their partners.
Help check the answers carefully. Point out any mistakes and help correct them.
Sample answers
Heading        Explanation
Learn to forget        Don’t think about things that make you angry.
Remember, it’s part of your job        Don’t worry about things you are supposed to do anyway.
See it from another person’s eyes        Think of why other people do things that make you mad.
Think of some thing worse        If you compare yourself to people who are not so fortunate, you still feel better.
Step ⅢI Part 3
This activity encourages students to use the strategy of reading in context.
We can see some words indicated in bold in the article.
Please guess the meanings of them now.
Then ask some children to guess the meanings of the bold words. Don’t give them the correct answers.
Do you want to know more about how to deal with the life’s problems? Please read the article more carefully this time and you’ll get more ways about it. Note to read in context. Try to guess the meanings of the words in bold from the other words around them. You can also guess the meanings of any words and phrases you can’t understand from the other words around them.
Ask the students to read the article again for comprehension.
After a while, ask some students to tell the meanings of the words in bold. Discuss their answers with the whole class.
Check their answers by showing these bold Words and other new words in the article on a screen by a projector.
deal v. 处理;应付
deal with 安排;处理
in fact 事实上
solve v. 解决;解释
complain v. 抱怨;发牢骚
concern n. 关切;感兴趣的事
trust v. 相信;信任
disease n. 疾病
wheelchair n. 轮椅
brilliant adj. 卓越的;杰出的
believe in 信任;信赖
Ask students to raise their hands and say which sentences and words they still don’t understand. Help them solve the problems.
Read the instructions with the students and have them look at the example.
Ask the students to match the words with their meanings. Remind them to read the story again for extra help.
Check the answers.
Answers
solve b;complain a;your concern c;trust e;wheelchair f, brilliant d.
Step Ⅳ Part 4
This activity helps students read for specific information. Read the instructions to the students. Ask the first question as a sample to check if they know what to do.
Ask the students to do the activity individually. Tell them to read the article again to get help.
Check the answers by asking different students to answer the questions.
Answers may very slightly.
You should try to remember the answers before looking at the reading.
Then let the students ask and answer the questions in pairs loudly.
Sample answers
1. Tell yourself to forget.
2. He is still a very successful writer and teacher.
3. Angry or unhappy people may do things to make you angry.
4. You probably don’t need a wheelchair to move or a computer to help you talk.
5. A student’s most important job is to learn and show how he or she learns on
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 16:33

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表