spaghetti n. 意大利式细面条
girlfriend n. 女朋友
show n,演出;展示;炫耀
marry v.嫁;娶;与……结婚
thrill v. 回答:答复
ending n. 结局;结尾
get married 结婚
reply v. 回答;回复
Call the students’ attention to the screen.
Point to the words on the screen one by one.
And Teach the students to read the words several times. Make sure that the students can read each word correctly.
Read the instructions to the students.
You’ll have to read three articles. The three articles are about three different stories happened on April Fool’s Day.
Not all of them are true. Tell which of these stories is the most believable and which is the least believable. And you have to tell the reasons as well. At last, think over if you would be fooled by any of the stories.
Read the first article to the class. The students look at their books, listen to the teacher and find out the answers to the questions in the instructions.
After reading, ask the students if it is believable and why. Ask several students to tell their opinions on the believability the first article. They may say like this:
I think it is believable because the exact time and person’s name are given in the first sentence, or, I don’t think it’s believable because I think no one dared to fool the people like that.
Do the same with the two articles left.
Ask two good students to read the articles instead of the teacher. Elicit students’ reasons for their answers. At last tell the students the correct answer.
Answers
The first story really happened. The radio program was called "The War of the World."
Step Ⅲ 3b
This activity provides reading and writing practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the class. Play the recording again to help the students.
Ask three different students to read the notes to the class.
Help the students make sentences with the notes first.
Look at the first line of the notes, please.
Let’s see what happened first by making sentences using the notes.
Let the students make sentences with the phrases given in the first line orally, based on the story happened to Nick. For example, when the alarm went off, Nick got up, took a shower, got dressed, and went to school. Then go on with the second line. They may say:
But when he got to school, the school was empty, An hour later, the other kids showed up.
The sample sentence for the third line.
He realized that his brother had fooled him.
After making sentences, ask the students to write a magazine story about Nick in
Activities 2a and 2b, using the notes below. As they write, move around the room offering help and answering questions as needed.
After around ten minutes, ask a student to read the completed article to the class.
The rest of the class help correct the mistakes the student may have made. Get them to check each’ other’s writing carefully in pairs.
A sample answer
On April Fool’s Day Nick’s alarm went off. He got up and took a shower. Then he got dressed and went to school. When he got to school, the building was empty.
An hour later the other kids showed up.
Then he realized that his brother had fooled him. His brother had set his alarm an hour earlier.
Step Ⅳ 3c
This activity provides writing practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the class. Be sure that the students know what they are asked to do. At first, have the students think what they might write about.
Then tell them to make a list of ideas before starting writing. The list should include the three parts, what happened first, what happened next, and what you finally realized. They can use the notes in
Activity 3b as samples.
Write a sample list on the blackboard:
What happened first: school gate/met
Don/Li Lei/waiting for/on the playground/ran to the playground.
What happened next: got to the playground/no one was there.
What I realized: Don/fooled me
Next ask the students to write their jokes. Tell them they can use the article they wrote for Activity 3b as a
回复

使用道具 举报

37#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-1 19:22:00 | 只看该作者
model.
After they start to write, move around the room providing help as needed.
Ask some students to read their articles to the class. Correct as many of the articles as possible in class.
A sample writing
On April Fool’s Day I met Don at the school gate. He told me that Li Lei was waiting for me on the playground. Then I ran to the playground. When I got there, I found no one was on the playground.
Then I realized that Don had fooled me.
Step Ⅴ 4
This activity provides reading, speaking and listening practice using the target language.
Read the instructions to the class. Review the meanings of funniest, most embarrassing and most creative. Say, Each of you has to read your joke to the class.
The class will vote on the funniest joke, the most embarrassing joke and the most creative joke.
Have the class have a look at the sample conversation in the box before reading.
Ask a pair of the students to read it to the class.
SA: What’s your joke?
SB: Well, last year, on the first day of school, my sister put a piece of paper on my back that said &quotlease say hello. "All day at school, many strange said hello to me.
Write the conversation on the blackboard. Then ask the students to read their stories to the class. After all of the students have read, ask the class to vote for the funniest, most embarrassing and most creative stories.
Step Ⅵ Summary
In this class, we read three articles first. And then we wrote a magazine story based on some notes. Next we wrote a joke. At last, we voted for the funniest joke, the most embarrassing joke and the most creative joke.
However, we’ve done much reading, writing and speaking practice.
Step Ⅶ Homework
1. Read the three articles aloud after class.
2. Correct the magazine story and the joke you have written.
3. Try to remember the new vocabulary.
Step Ⅷ Blackboard Design
Unit 10 By the time I got outside, the
bus had already left.
Section B
The Fifth Period
1. Sample notes to Activity 3c:
What happened first: school gate/met
Don/Li Lei/waiting for/on the play-ground/ran to the playground.
What happened next: got to the play-ground/no one was there.
What I realized: Don/fooled me.
2. Target language:
A: What’s your joke?
B: Well, last year, on the first day of school, my sister put a piece of paper on my back that said &quotlease say hello. "All day at school, many strangers said hello to me.

Unit 10  By the time I got outside, the bus had already left.
The Sixth Period
Ⅰ. Teaching Aims and Demands
1. Knowledge Objects
(1) Verbs
rush, realize, invite, show up, stay up.
(2) Write an article according to the pictures given.
(3) Vocabulary
homework, look, costume, empty
2. Ability Objects
(1)Train the students to use these verbs correctly:
rush, realize, invite, show up, stay up.
(2)Train the students’ writing skill.
3. Moral Objects
Have you ever had a similar Sunday with Ming? Tell your own story to your classmates.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points
1. Help the students have a self check on the key words and target language of this unit.
2. Practise using these verbs: rush, realize, invite, show up, stay up.
3. Review the new vocabulary introduced in this unit: homework, lock, costume, empty.
4. Direct the students to write an article according to the pictures given.
Ⅲ. Teaching Difficult Points
1. Help the students make sentences with the verbs.
2. Direct the students to write an article with the pictures given.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
1. Teaching by providing sample sentences.
2. Teaching by describing the pictures.
Ⅴ. Teaching Aid
Just the blackboard.
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step I Revision
1. Revise the contents in the three articles in Activity 3a on page 72 by asking the question below
Questions
(1) What did a radio program announce in 1938?
(2) What had happened by the time the authorities revealed the story was a hoax?
(3) What did a reporter announce on April Fool’s Day?
(4) What had happened by the time people realized that the story was a hoax?
(5) What did a famous TV star
回复

使用道具 举报

38#
once do on April Fool’s Day?
(6) What was the ending of the last story?
2. Ask three different students to read the articles.
3. Dictate the following words:
announce, convince, panic, authority, reveal, spaghetti, describe, hoax, thrill, flee/fled/fled.
Step Ⅱ Part 1
This activity focuses on vocabulary introduced in the unit. Focus attention on the box. Invite a student to read the vocabulary words at the top.
You are asked to fill in the blanks with the words. In some cases, you may need to use another form of the word, for example, adjusting for tense or subject/verb agreement.
Ask students to fill in the blanks on their own. Check the answers. Five students each reads a sentence, filling in the blanks. The rest of the students check their work.
Answers
1. realized 2. rush 3. stay up 4. invite  5. show up
Ask students to make their own sentences with the words, preferably sentences that are meaningful. Move around the room.
Collect a few students’ answers with mistakes on the blackboard. Along with the students’ help correct the mistakes.
Suggested answers
1. As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed to the playground.
2. By the time he got to the office he realized that he had locked all his keys at home.
3. Mr. Green invited his good friends to have a big dinner at home last Sunday.
4. We have to finish the task before the boss shows up.
5. Jack stayed up very late last night. He couldn’t wake up on time this morning.
Step Ⅲ Part 2
This activity provides writing practice using the target language.
Have the students look at the seven pictures. Tell the children that the pictures are connected to each other in an order.
Ask: What is happening to Ming?
Get the whole class to read the instructions. Then ask the students to describe each picture in order. Write some useful sentences on the blackboard. For example, for the first picture, help the students to say Ming wakes up at 10:00 and thinks she is late for school.
The sentences can vary.
After describing each picture, ask the students to write a story about Ming’s day on their own. Walk around the room offering language support if needed.
After a while, ask a few students to tell the class about Ming’s day. Let the rest of the class help correct the mistakes that they may have made.
Tell them to exchange their articles with their partners and help each other correct the mistakes. Ask the students to rewrite their articles to make the articles perfect after class.
A sample answer
Ming woke up at 10:O0 o’clock in the morning. She thought that she must be late for school. So she got up and rode a bike to school was empty. She was the only one there. Then she realized that it was Sunday.
Her good friend, Han Mei, came to see her after she had got home. Ming told Hah Mei the whole story happened in the morning earlier. It made Han Mei laugh a lot.
Ming went to her grandparents’ house with her parents. They had dinner together and talked happily.
Ming watched TV in the evening and she went to bed at 10:00.
Step Ⅳ Part 3
This activity focuses on the new vocabulary introduced in this unit.
Call the students’ attention to the box. Have them look at the four groups of words. Get the students to read the instructions together. Ask them to circle the words that don’t belong in each group.
The first one has been given as a model.
Ask some students to tell their answers to the class. Check the answers with the whole class.
Answers
1. homework 2. lock 3. costume 4. empty
Step Ⅴ Just for Fun!
This activity provides reading and speaking practice with the target language.
Call the students’ attention to the cartoon pictures. Tell them to see what happens.
Ask the students to read the sentences under the pictures together.
Then ask the children what is, funny about this cartoon. Help the students to answer like this:
The boy saw the clouds and he felt the rain long before he got home. He should have realized much sooner that he had forgotten his umbrella.
Step Ⅵ Summary
In this class,
回复

使用道具 举报

39#
we’ve practiced using some verbs and we’ve written an article based on the pictures given. At last, we enjoyed a funny cartoon. All of you have done very well!
StepⅦ Homework
1. Revise all the language points in this unit.
2. Finish off the exercises on pages 36~38 of the workbook.
3. Make another more sentence with each verb below, rush, realize, invite, show up, stay up.
4. Rewrite the article.
Step Ⅷ Blackboard Design
Unit 10 By the time I got outside, the
bus had already left.
Self check
The Sixth Period
Answers to Activity 1:
1. realized
2. rush
3. stay up
4. invite
5. show up

Sample answers to Activity 1:
1. As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed to the playground.
2. By the time he got to the office, he realized that he had locked all his keys at home.
3. Mr. Green invited his good friends to have a big dinner at home last Sunday.
4. We have to finish the task before the boss shows up.
5. Jack stayed up very late last night. He couldn’t wake up on time this morning.

Unit 10  By the time I got outside, the bus had already left.
The Seventh Period
Reading: Changing English
1. Knowledge Objects
Key Vocabulary
quarter, normal, traffic light, competition, significant, position and so on.
2. Ability Objects
Train students’ ability of identify main idea.
Train students’ ability of understanding words in context.
Train students’ ability of reading for special information.
3. Moral Object
If you can speak both good English and your native language, it may help you get more chances in searching jobs.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points Key vocabulary
Read the text to identify main idea.
Read the text to understand words in context.
Read the text for special information.
Train students’ reading skill.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
1. Up-down reading methods.
2. Pairwork.
3. Groupwork.
Ⅴ. Teaching Aid
A projector.
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step I Key Vocabulary
This activity introduces the key vocabulary words.
Show the following vocabulary on the screen by a projector.
quarter n.四分之一
population n. 人口
native adj. 本国的;本地的
speaker n. 说话者;演讲者
wherever adv.无论哪里
Singaporean n. 新加坡人  adj. 新加坡人的;新加坡的
India n. 印度
Hindi n. 印地语;印地人 adj. 印度北部的
German n. 德语;德国(人)的
invention n. 发明;创造
business n.生意;商业
Say the words and have students repeat several times until they can pronounce them fluently and accurately.
Step Ⅱ Part 1
This activity is designed to activate students’ background knowledge before attempting the reading.
Read the title Changing English to the class. Ask, What do you think the article is about?
Read the instructions to the class.
Point to the three questions in the box.
Say, You are to discuss the questions about English with your partner. But don’t look at the reading. Use your background knowledge instead.
Get students to complete the task in pairs. As the pairs work together, walk around the room. Ensure that they are discussing the questions in English.
When most students are finished, invite pairs of students to report their results.
Don’t say yes or no to their answers.
Step Ⅲ Part 2
This activity provides practice in scanning for specific information.
Look at the picture. Ask students to describe what is happening in the picture.
Read the instructions and draw students’ attention to the list of numbers. Get a student to say the sample answer like this: In 1950 English started being more popular for science.
Please read through the article silently.
Find information for the numbers. Remember to skim for the key ideas rather than read slowly. Get students to work on their own. As they are doing this, move around the classroom answering questions they may have and offering language support as needed.
Check the answers.
Answers
1950—In this year English started being more popular for science.
10 000—number of words in the South African dictionary not found elsewhere in
回复

使用道具 举报

40#
the world.
a hundred—number of years ago that
German was the most popular language for science.
one billion—number of people learning English.
375 million--the number of native speakers of English.
Step Ⅳ Part 3
This activity encourages students to use the strategy of reading in context.
Ask students to read the article once.
Say, Pay attention to the bold word and expressions? And note any other word or sentence you don’t understand. Read in context, guessings their meanings from the other words around them.
A few minutes later, ask different students to say the meanings of the words and expressions indicated in bold by guess. Don’t give them the correct answers. Let students look at the words and expressions and their meanings in the box. Point out the sample answer. Then ask students to match the correct meanings with the correct words and expressions. Allow them one or two minutes to do this.
Check the answers.
Answers
quarter d, normal a, traffic light e, competition f, significant b, position c
Get students to make sentences with the words and expressions. Remind them to look at the article again for extra help.
Answers to this activity will vary. Ask a student to write his/her answers on the blackboard.
Sample answers
1. A quarter of students in my class are girls.
2. I hope the situation will soon return to normal.
3. When the traffic lights are red, you must stop.
4. He took part in a swimming competition.
5. Listening, speaking, reading and writing are four significant skills in learning English.
6. She is fit for the position.
Step Ⅴ Part 4
This activity helps students read for specific information.
Read the instructions to the class. Call students’ attention to the chart. Ask a student to read the five sentences to the class. Say, You are to read the article again and decide if these sentences are true or false. And correct the false sentences.
Give students a sample answer to the first sentence.
T: Do you think the first sentence is true or false?
SS: False.
T: Why is it false?
SS: Because Egyptians say Welcome to Egypt.
Get students to do the activity on their own. As students work, move around the room answering any questions they may have.
Check the answers. Ask different students to give their answers. For the false sentence, have them give the correct statement.
Answers
F Egyptians say Welcome in Egypt.
F Traffic lights in South Africa are called robots.
T
T
F Hinglish of Chinese and English is called Chinglish.
Step Ⅵ Part 5
This activity lets students work in groups and think critically about what they have read.
Call students’ attention to the chart. Set a time limit for students to go through all the sentences and the lettered languages.
Say, The underlined words come from different languages. You are to read the sentences again and guess where these words come from or look them up in a dictionary. Try to match them with the languages they come from.
Give students a sample answer to the first sentence (The word mattress comes from Arabic.)
Get students to do the activity in groups of four. As the groups work together, walk around the room checking progress and offering help as needed.
Check the answers.
Answers
mattress        a. Arabic
pajamas         d. Hindi
mosquitoes      f. Spanish
snorkel         e. German
yoghurt         b. Turkish
bazaar          c. Persian
chauffeurs      h. French
soprano         g. Italian
Culture note
Most people who speak English as a native language don’t have the same grammatical background as people who study English as a second language.
However, what a person who was born speaking English knows is whether or not things sound "right". He or she might not be able to explain the reason, but will usually have a good sense of how English should be used. Because English is a language made up from many different languages with a lot of odd rules, a learner should be a bit flexible and understand that some rules are made to be broken.
StepⅦ Summary
In
回复

使用道具 举报

41#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-1 19:23:00 | 只看该作者
this class, we’ve done much reading and writing practice. And it improves our reading comprehension ability.
Step Ⅷ Homework
Ask students to collect some more words used in English along with the different languages they come from.
Step Ⅸ Blackboard Design
Reading: Changing English
The Seventh Period
Samples answers to Activity 3
1. A quarter of students in my class are girls.
2. I hope the situation will soon return to normal.
3. When the traffic lights are red, you must stop.
4. He took part in a swimming competition.
5. Listening, speaking, reading and writing are four significant skills in learning English.
6. She is fit for the position.

Unit 11 Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?
The First Period
1. Knowledge Objects
(1) Key Vocabulary
restroom, shampoo, stamp
(2) Target Language
Excuse me. Can you please tell me where I can get a dictionary?
Sure. There’s a bookstore on River Road.
2. Ability Objects
(1)Train students’ listening ability.
(2)Train students’ communicative competence.
3. Moral Object
Helping each other is very important. It is a good quality.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Point
Target Language
1. How to train students’ listening ability.
2. How to train students’ communicative competence.
Ⅳ. Teaching Procedures
Step Ⅰ Revision
T: You’re new to this school. You need to know where the main office is.How can you ask where the main office is?
S1: Where’s the main office?
T: That’s one way to ask. But there is a more polite way you can ask. You can say, "Can you tell me where the main office is?" Class repeat. Can you tell me where the main office is?
Ss: Can you tell me where the main office is?
T: That’s correct. Now let’s say you want to know where Classroom 1 is. How can you ask?
S2: Can you tell me where Classroom 1 is?
T: Good! There’s another polite way you can ask: Could you tell me how to get to Classroom 1? Class repeat. Could you tell me how to get to Classroom 1?
Ss: Could you tell me how to get to Classroom 1?
T: That’s right. Very good.
Step Ⅱ 1a
Go through the instructions with the class.
Read the list of things to the class. To review the meaning of each item on the list, invite different students to say each phrase in their own words.
Point to the lettered parts of the picture one by one.
Ask a student: What kind of place is this?
What do they sell there? Do we have one in our community? What is the name of the one in our community?
Point out the sample answer. Say, The letter c is in front of the words buy shampoo because you could buy shampoo in a department store. There may be more than one correct answer for some blanks.
While students are working, move around the room offering help as necessary.
Step Ⅲ 1b
Read the instructions to students. Point out the two conversations that are shown in the picture.
As you listen, fill in the blanks with words you hear in the recording.
Play the recording the first time.Students only listen.
Play the recording a second time.This time ask them to fill in the blanks with the words you hear.
Check the answers with the whole class.
Step Ⅳ 1c
Point out the list of things people need and the pictures of the places in activity 1a. Say. Look at activity la. Have a conversation with a partner. Ask your parter politely where you can do these thing and then answer your partner’s questions.
As students work, listen to some pairs in order to check the progress and help with pronunciation as needed.
After students have had a chance to practise several exchanges, ask some pairs to come to the front of the classroom and act out their conversations.
Step Ⅴ Homework
Review the target language.

The Second Period
1. Knowledge Objects
(1) Key Vocabulary
escalator, furniture, exchange money, elevator
(2) Target Language
Excuse me. Do you know where I can exchange money?
Sure. There’s a bank on the second
floor. Take the
回复

使用道具 举报

42#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-1 19:23:00 | 只看该作者
escalator to the second floor and turn right. The bank is next to the bookstore.
2. Ability Objects
(1)Train students’ listening ability.
(2)Train students’ communicative competence.
3. Moral Objects
If someone asks you how to get to the place he wants to go to, you should tell him the way correctly.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Points
1. Key Vocabulary
exchange money
2. Target Language
Excuse me. Do you know where I can exchange money?
Sure. There’s a bank on the second floor.
3. Structures
Do you know where I can buy shampoo?
Could you tell me how to get to the post office?
Can you please tell me where I can get a dictionary?
1. Indirect questions.
2. How to improve students’ listening ability.
Ⅳ.Teaching Procedures
Step Ⅰ Revision
Check homework.
Step Ⅱ 2a
Read the instructions and point to the list of directions.
Get students to name the items in the picture such as escalator, elevator, shoe store, and so on.
Play the recording. Students only listen.
Tell them that the picture may help them understand what they are hearing.
Play the recording again. This time ask students to write a number next to four of the directions.
Check the answers with the whole class.
Step Ⅲ 2b
Point to the picture. Say, now you will hear the recording again. This time show where the boy went as he followed the directions to the drug store. Draw a line on the picture in your book.
Play the recording again and ask students to draw the line on their own. Check the answer with the class.
Step Ⅳ 2c
Ask a pair of students to read the sample conversation aloud to the class.
Read the instructions aloud. Say. Make conversations using information about the places in the picture with your partners.
As students work, move around the classroom checking the progress of the pairs and offering help as needed.
Ask one or two pairs to say their conversations to the class. Ask the rest of the class to look at the picture as they listen.
Step Ⅴ Homework
Ask the students to write three sentences with the starters of the structures.

The Third Period
1. Knowledge Objects
(1) Key Vocabulary
hang out, fresh, advantage, disadvantage, block
(2)Target Language
Go out the front door and take a right. Walk about three blocks. Go past the park, and turn left onto Oak Street.
3. Moral Objects
Anything has both advantages and disadvantages. We should treat everything correctly.
Ⅱ. Teaching Key Point
Train students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing ability.
How to improve students’ integrating skills.
Ⅳ. Teaching Procedures
Step Ⅰ Revision
T: Yesterday we learned the structures.
Do you know where…? Could you tell me how to get to…? Can you please tell me where…? Now who can make sentences by using the structures?
Step Ⅱ 3a
Read the instructions. Point out the blank lines under the words Advantages and Disadvantages below the interview.
You will write your answers in these blanks.
Read the first two sentences at the top of the article.
Explain that the interviewer will talk to several teenagers.
Get students to read the interview on their own quickly.
When they have finished, ask if there are any words or sentences they don’t understand. If there are, explain them.
Ask students to read the interview again and write the advantages and disadvantages. Check the answers with the whole class.
Step Ⅲ 3b
Read the instructions. Point out the conversation in the box and invite two students to read it to the class.
Point out the list of advantages and disadvantages in Activity 3a. Say, You can use these items and any other items you can think of as you talk about places you usually hang out.
Ask students to work in groups of four or five. As they work, move around the classroom helping the groups as necessary. Make sure they talk about both advantages and disadvantages.
Ask several groups to act out part of their conversation to the class.
Step Ⅳ 4
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 20:49

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表