楼主: lspjy
打印 上一主题 下一主题

初中英语学生习作选

[复制链接]
15#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-7 07:41:00 | 只看该作者

ComputerGames

陕西西安市石油仪器总厂子弟中学初中 冀承

There's a famous saying, "Everything has two sides, the ad-vantages and disadvantages. " Computer games are no exception. In its development computer games have brought both advantages and disadvantages.

Now, here's an example: A racecar game—— Need For Speed III is absolutely a fantastic game. Imagine this: You sit in-front of the screen with wheels in your hands and eyes fixed on the screen. You can feel the powerful roaring of the 3600ml en-gine from Porsche 911 Turbo as you drive up to 290km/h without any real danger. You can also hear the wheels screaming as a sharp turn was being made. And if you have a 3Dfx card you can really feel what is realistic. The road, the raindrops, the snowflakes and other racecars seem as real, which give us a great pleasure and satisfaction. Apart from it, they can train us to re-spond to things quickly. Moreover, computer games can stimulate our imagination and interest in electronics and computer sciences.

On the other hand, computer games also have its disadvan-tages. First, it is harmful to our eyes and health, which is one of the most serious disadvantages about computer games. And sec-ondly, we are still middle school students, playing games is not our destination. If we play games too much, we may forget those things that we should do, because we lack the ability to control ourselves. Also, games cost a lot of money, especially for us who do not have a regular income.

So, what attitude shall we hold towards computer games? Of course, we can not kill games, nor could we stop them from devel-oping, because they are required by all kinds of people. After all, playing games is a primitive type of using computer, as many of my classmates do. And I think we should not stick to them, and if you don't have the ability to control yourself, you'd better keep away from it before you really stick to it.

点评:

Needless to say, the author is a computer games fan with a lot of experiences of the games, and has obtained real pleasure from them. Meanwhile, he must be a boy with self-confidence as he knows well how to control himself and plays the games in a clever way. This essay, by using the contrast of advantages and disadvantages in playing games, expresses clearly the author's opinion about the computer games. Besides, the writing is well focused and properly organized. So I'm sure he is also an English lover.

指导教师:马振铎

回复

使用道具 举报

16#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-7 07:42:00 | 只看该作者

ComputerGames

陕西西安市石油仪器总厂子弟中学初中 冀承

There's a famous saying, "Everything has two sides, the ad-vantages and disadvantages. " Computer games are no exception. In its development computer games have brought both advantages and disadvantages.

Now, here's an example: A racecar game—— Need For Speed III is absolutely a fantastic game. Imagine this: You sit in-front of the screen with wheels in your hands and eyes fixed on the screen. You can feel the powerful roaring of the 3600ml en-gine from Porsche 911 Turbo as you drive up to 290km/h without any real danger. You can also hear the wheels screaming as a sharp turn was being made. And if you have a 3Dfx card you can really feel what is realistic. The road, the raindrops, the snowflakes and other racecars seem as real, which give us a great pleasure and satisfaction. Apart from it, they can train us to re-spond to things quickly. Moreover, computer games can stimulate our imagination and interest in electronics and computer sciences.

On the other hand, computer games also have its disadvan-tages. First, it is harmful to our eyes and health, which is one of the most serious disadvantages about computer games. And sec-ondly, we are still middle school students, playing games is not our destination. If we play games too much, we may forget those things that we should do, because we lack the ability to control ourselves. Also, games cost a lot of money, especially for us who do not have a regular income.

So, what attitude shall we hold towards computer games? Of course, we can not kill games, nor could we stop them from devel-oping, because they are required by all kinds of people. After all, playing games is a primitive type of using computer, as many of my classmates do. And I think we should not stick to them, and if you don't have the ability to control yourself, you'd better keep away from it before you really stick to it.

点评:

Needless to say, the author is a computer games fan with a lot of experiences of the games, and has obtained real pleasure from them. Meanwhile, he must be a boy with self-confidence as he knows well how to control himself and plays the games in a clever way. This essay, by using the contrast of advantages and disadvantages in playing games, expresses clearly the author's opinion about the computer games. Besides, the writing is well focused and properly organized. So I'm sure he is also an English lover.

指导教师:马振铎

回复

使用道具 举报

17#
DoWeHavetoSendChristmasCardstoOneAnother?

上海外国语学校初中三年级 陈思萱

Christmas cards are destroying forests. Christmas cards are killing human beings. Christmas cards are ruining the world we live in. When you open your post-box and take out many nice Christmas cards, have you ever thought of their cost? Not in term of money, but in terms of environmental destruction. When you're happily reading the cards, perhaps you are totally unaware that a great many trees have been cut down to make Christmas cards.

Now we don't have to send Christmas cards. It's not vital. Moreover, we should send as few cards as possible to save the environment.

Of course, it can't be denied that sending Christmas cards is a very good form of communication. Through cards, we send best wishes to our relatives and friends. But a coin has two sides; ev-erything, including sending Christmas cards, has both a positive and a negative effect. And it seems that what we gain through Christmas cards isn't well worth the price we pay.

We have to cut down so many trees, waste so much paper just for the sake of Christmas cards. No, it isn't worth doing so. Can't we find any other ways to send our wishes to each other? Of course, we can. A telephone call, an E-mail on the Internet, some small presents made by yourself, or just a few words when you meet your friends, that's enough. I dare say that they bring you much joy and happiness, too.

To me, sending Christmas cards is not only a waste of paper and money, but also a waste of time and energy. Don't you feel tired and bored when you have to deal with so many cards, all ba-sically the same, and spend a lot of time on it? Every time I receive a card, what comes into my mind first is not how nice it is, but what I should write on the card returned to him or her! Trying to find so many different wishes is a really difficult job, isn't it? But does a card with only "Happy New Year and Merry Christmas" and your name on it make any sense? Well, I'm tired of sending Christmas cards. Yet, I'm still obliged to do so for the sake of po-liteness.

Dear friends, sending Christmas cards really does harm to the environment, to human beings and to the world. So why not stop doing so? A Christmas card or a better environment and a cheerful state of mood? I will choose the latter one.

Then, let us say goodbye to Christmas cards.

点评:

Interesting exposure of cards’ negative effect on the environ-ment. But it's a little exaggerated. It should be pointed out that “too many” cards are bad for the environment. Also, more alterna-tives should be shown such as the use of recycled paper, or even other non-paper material. Also, many cards are “environmentally friendly”, made from paper from specially grown trees, rather than important forests. It’s more positive, balanced and helpful to show alternatives. If she says people are killed in the introduction, she should prove it.

However, her overall English usage is very good, and her ideas are well structured.

指导教师: Abraham O’ Farrell

点评:

The topic is a question which needs to be answered in the speech. The introduction uses three sentences to tell the readers the bad effect of postcards, one stronger than the other in the sense of emotion. The beginning calls your attention to the envi-ronmental destruction— trees have been cut down. Then she gives answer to the question in the topic clearly: No. She talks about the advantage and then, the disadvantage. It's not worth the price we pay. And we have other good ways for communication. She goes on to talk about her own feelings: a waste of paper, money, time and energy. The conclusion calls for action. This speech is complete in structure. The language is very exact and concise. She uses illustration, persuasion, quotation and repetition. If she had used authority (such as the amount of trees cut to make cards, or the amount of money saved), the speech would have been even better. Her own feelings take a lot of space, which makes it seem to be the most important reason for not sending cards. This is not proper.

回复

使用道具 举报

18#
DoWeHavetoSendChristmasCardstoOneAnother?

上海外国语学校初中三年级 陈思萱

Christmas cards are destroying forests. Christmas cards are killing human beings. Christmas cards are ruining the world we live in. When you open your post-box and take out many nice Christmas cards, have you ever thought of their cost? Not in term of money, but in terms of environmental destruction. When you're happily reading the cards, perhaps you are totally unaware that a great many trees have been cut down to make Christmas cards.

Now we don't have to send Christmas cards. It's not vital. Moreover, we should send as few cards as possible to save the environment.

Of course, it can't be denied that sending Christmas cards is a very good form of communication. Through cards, we send best wishes to our relatives and friends. But a coin has two sides; ev-erything, including sending Christmas cards, has both a positive and a negative effect. And it seems that what we gain through Christmas cards isn't well worth the price we pay.

We have to cut down so many trees, waste so much paper just for the sake of Christmas cards. No, it isn't worth doing so. Can't we find any other ways to send our wishes to each other? Of course, we can. A telephone call, an E-mail on the Internet, some small presents made by yourself, or just a few words when you meet your friends, that's enough. I dare say that they bring you much joy and happiness, too.

To me, sending Christmas cards is not only a waste of paper and money, but also a waste of time and energy. Don't you feel tired and bored when you have to deal with so many cards, all ba-sically the same, and spend a lot of time on it? Every time I receive a card, what comes into my mind first is not how nice it is, but what I should write on the card returned to him or her! Trying to find so many different wishes is a really difficult job, isn't it? But does a card with only "Happy New Year and Merry Christmas" and your name on it make any sense? Well, I'm tired of sending Christmas cards. Yet, I'm still obliged to do so for the sake of po-liteness.

Dear friends, sending Christmas cards really does harm to the environment, to human beings and to the world. So why not stop doing so? A Christmas card or a better environment and a cheerful state of mood? I will choose the latter one.

Then, let us say goodbye to Christmas cards.

点评:

Interesting exposure of cards’ negative effect on the environ-ment. But it's a little exaggerated. It should be pointed out that “too many” cards are bad for the environment. Also, more alterna-tives should be shown such as the use of recycled paper, or even other non-paper material. Also, many cards are “environmentally friendly”, made from paper from specially grown trees, rather than important forests. It’s more positive, balanced and helpful to show alternatives. If she says people are killed in the introduction, she should prove it.

However, her overall English usage is very good, and her ideas are well structured.

指导教师: Abraham O’ Farrell

点评:

The topic is a question which needs to be answered in the speech. The introduction uses three sentences to tell the readers the bad effect of postcards, one stronger than the other in the sense of emotion. The beginning calls your attention to the envi-ronmental destruction— trees have been cut down. Then she gives answer to the question in the topic clearly: No. She talks about the advantage and then, the disadvantage. It's not worth the price we pay. And we have other good ways for communication. She goes on to talk about her own feelings: a waste of paper, money, time and energy. The conclusion calls for action. This speech is complete in structure. The language is very exact and concise. She uses illustration, persuasion, quotation and repetition. If she had used authority (such as the amount of trees cut to make cards, or the amount of money saved), the speech would have been even better. Her own feelings take a lot of space, which makes it seem to be the most important reason for not sending cards. This is not proper.

指导教师:刘玉

回复

使用道具 举报

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-7 07:43:00 | 只看该作者
EnglishandMe

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, friends! As you know, the English language is getting more and more important in our studies and lives. Why? Because most people in the world speak English? Because it is one of the five working languages in the United Nations? To be more exact, that's because the English language is used as the world language nowadays.

I hadn't ever seen the English alphabet until I entered Hangzhou Foreign Languages School. During my first English lesson, the importance of learning English was clearly explained. I suddenly realized how bright my future would be if I learned English well. I would be able to enjoy English cartoon movies. I would be able to understand English short stories and novels. I would be able to communicate with most foreigners in this world without difficulty.

How could all these come true?

Textbooks were surely not enough for me because the world today is full of new information. Reading more out of class be-came so necessary. However, the most important was to speak English as much as possible. Just as my English teacher, Miss Hua, always says, "We learn English not only for exams. We are studying English to get closer to the world. We read to know more while we must speak to get known, or we can never com-municate successfully.

Little by little, I found English a really interesting subject at school. After two years' hard work, now I can speak directly to my American teachers and be fully understood. I can sing beauti-ful English songs at parties. I can exchange ideas with friends on the other side of the Pacific through E-mails. I can even read orig-inal English novels with the help of my dictionaries.

See! English means so much to me. I feel incredibly happy about myself too. It has become a part of my life as well.

It is true that I am learning about the western countries. Nevertheless, this is not my final purpose of learning English. At school, we have American teachers every semester. During class, they inform us of their culture as well as their country. But out of class, they are more interested in learning about our hometown, our country, our people, our culture and customs. This reminds me to try harder to introduce China to more westerners. I always keep in mind: we are learning about the world and the world is learning about China at the same time. Communication is mutual.

English has become a bridge between China and the western countries. Friends! Let's work hard together to improve our Eng-lish 1 Let's practice English wherever and whenever we meet! Let's use English to let the world learn more about China! Come on!

指导教师:华莹

回复

使用道具 举报

20#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-7 07:44:00 | 只看该作者
EnglishandMe

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, friends! As you know, the English language is getting more and more important in our studies and lives. Why? Because most people in the world speak English? Because it is one of the five working languages in the United Nations? To be more exact, that's because the English language is used as the world language nowadays.

I hadn't ever seen the English alphabet until I entered Hangzhou Foreign Languages School. During my first English lesson, the importance of learning English was clearly explained. I suddenly realized how bright my future would be if I learned English well. I would be able to enjoy English cartoon movies. I would be able to understand English short stories and novels. I would be able to communicate with most foreigners in this world without difficulty.

How could all these come true?

Textbooks were surely not enough for me because the world today is full of new information. Reading more out of class be-came so necessary. However, the most important was to speak English as much as possible. Just as my English teacher, Miss Hua, always says, "We learn English not only for exams. We are studying English to get closer to the world. We read to know more while we must speak to get known, or we can never com-municate successfully.

Little by little, I found English a really interesting subject at school. After two years' hard work, now I can speak directly to my American teachers and be fully understood. I can sing beauti-ful English songs at parties. I can exchange ideas with friends on the other side of the Pacific through E-mails. I can even read orig-inal English novels with the help of my dictionaries.

See! English means so much to me. I feel incredibly happy about myself too. It has become a part of my life as well.

It is true that I am learning about the western countries. Nevertheless, this is not my final purpose of learning English. At school, we have American teachers every semester. During class, they inform us of their culture as well as their country. But out of class, they are more interested in learning about our hometown, our country, our people, our culture and customs. This reminds me to try harder to introduce China to more westerners. I always keep in mind: we are learning about the world and the world is learning about China at the same time. Communication is mutual.

English has become a bridge between China and the western countries. Friends! Let's work hard together to improve our Eng-lish 1 Let's practice English wherever and whenever we meet! Let's use English to let the world learn more about China! Come on!

指导教师:华莹

回复

使用道具 举报

21#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-11-7 07:44:00 | 只看该作者
Good-bye

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, my dear friends. You say good-bye every day, don't you? Yeah. Then have you ever thought about this word? It may sound too common for us to spend time and energy on. However, that's not true.

I didn't think about it until I was 13. That day when I saw my grandma shut eyes, I stood still. Saying good-bye in my heart, I suddenly realized I could never directly feel her love any longer.

Friends, as you can see, we shall say good-bye thousands of times in our lives. But how many of us can understand its mean-ing until the very last good-bye? How many can value the love from others until the last good-bye? And how many will realize these and feel sorry at the last good-bye?

So, when we're saying good-bye, keep in mind that every-body around will leave us some day. Let's value them and their love when they are still around.

Since my grandma's passing away, I have learnt more and more about GOOD-BYE in my life. Every morning my parents say good-bye as I'm going to school. This is one of their simplest ways to show me their love. Every afternoon my classmates and friends say good-bye at the moment I'm leaving for home. This is their easiest means to conclude the happy day we have been to-gether. When I'm walking out of a store, the shopkeeper says good-bye with a smile on the face. That warms my heart because I'm not neglected. If I'm getting out of a taxi, the driver says a friendly good-bye. That reminds me of kindness of others. In one word, love among people is clearly shown by saying GOOD-BYE.

I learned another meaning of GOOD-BYE on the last day of last semester. One of my friends, Maggie, was leaving for Canada. Most of her friends felt so sorry because they suddenly knew how far they would be from her. But at the moment we were told Maggie would come back in a year, I almost jumped out of my shoes. How nice! Most of the times a good-bye actually means in the near future we shall get together again.

We will say good-bye soon after the contest. I will not feel sad. I'll be looking forward to another get-together with you.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

绿色圃中小学教育网 最新主题

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 20:39

绿色免费PPT课件试卷教案作文资源 中小学教育网 X3.2

© 2013-2016 小学语文数学教学网

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表